• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Texas Longhorns vs. Alabama Crimson Tide (BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP BOWL)!

what team will win the BCS National Championship?

• Texas Longhorns

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Alabama Crimson Tide

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

axl blaze

Bluelighter
who do you think will win, Texas or Alabama?

sorry D's, I accidentally deleted your original thread when trying to add a poll. good thing there were only two posts in it. the fact that I might be BL's longest tenured mod... this embarrases me.

I will be rooting for Texas, because I like Mack Brown and while Alabama is awesome, Nick Saban could be the devil incarnate.

As an alabama fan im pretty worried about this game. If Texas goes up by more then 10 points the game is over as Alabama does not have an explosive offense. I think the game will come down to Texas run D vs Mark ingram and trent richardson. But the x factor is gonna be julio jones he hasnt done much all year but if texas loads up the box he will have the oppertunity to make some plays. Ill be pullin for bama but I would bet on texas.

another good match-up will be the Alabama D versus the Texas offense. we all saw how horrid Texas reacted when against a solid Nebraska D. Alabama has a defensive tackle that is almost as good as Ndamakong Suh.

Its a tough one to call....Wouldnt surprise me to see either team win but whatever margin.....

Im going with Texas with the reasoning that Bama is gonna come out a lil hungover from the SEC champ.....That was their NC game and I think they'll come out a lil flat for this one.....And Bama just doesn't have the firepower to play catch up....

We'll see....

Texas is the home of steers n queers, so alabama is going to beat them into the dirt.
end of story.

ROLL TIDEEEEE!!!

eeep, whatever it is, it will be a good game!
which reminds me, i have to tape it for da oncle, i should go set up the vcr. but i am gonna go with the crimson tide...

Alabama - 24
Texas - 6

---Half Time---

Texas is hopeless without McCoy

I'll be surprised if they score any points at all without him against Alabamas defense.

Posting this at halftime btw

woot alabama won111!!
roll fucking tide!

i gotta give props to Texas for coming so close without McCoy!

how was he out so quickly!? he probably feels like shit for that.

what a good game though!

mccoy took a hit in the second (?) play of the first drive. it wasn't so much how hard he got hit, but the fact that he got a helmet in just the right place on his throwing arm. i've heard people calling him a pussy, but honestly, a senior in his last year gets the opportunity to come back and play in the national championship and doesn't??? i think if he had even the slightest inclination that he could have played, he'd have been on the field. fact is, he said his arm was dead (as in numb), he said it was just like when you sleep on your arm and wake up and can't move it. it wasn't pain, it was numbness. how are you gonna throw a ball if you can't even hold it?

i feel bad for mccoy.

sob story time!

i went 3 years of high school where i got stupid, cared more about getting fucked up than i did about baseball, and was unable to maintain a GPA high enough to make me eligible to play sports in school. i was upset about it until i decided to do something about it. my senior year, i wised up, kept my grades up and actually got to play finally, then 5 games into the season i broke my arm in a game ending my season and essentially my career (you just don't find adult leagues around here... softball yes, but not baseball... it's not the same). now i understand, it's nowhere NEAR the level of a college player in the national championship game, but on a much much smaller scale. i was extremely upset about it, but hey, i reaped what i sowed i suppose. mccoy, however, did right and got fucked. poor guy. :(

all things aside, i thought gilbert did pretty damn well for coming in cold and getting thrown straight into the f'n CHAMPIONSHIP game. i'm sure there were nerves to get over, which was evident by seeing that the offense wasn't in sync early on, but gilbert performed pretty well in my opinion.

Not the first game this season that the Bama D has knocked out opposing star players...

A lot of people are calling this a 'hollow championship' for AL because they didn't face a full TX team (with McCoy being out)....I say tough shit. Would it be any more hollow if Ingram had been knocked out on his first run? Or if (yes, I'll play the Tebow card) FLA had been in the NC and lost Tebow? No, everyone would have said "suck it up, it's part of the game". Me? Yes, I wanted AL to win, as an admitted SEC homer I wanted them to beat TX (so the SEC retains the crown) and beat them badly enough for UF to move into 2nd in the rankings. Well, considering how well TX came back with their freshman QB I can accept that they definitely provided a better team against AL than UF did, and I will not blink a bit about putting TX 2nd ahead of UF. Will I go far enough to carry the bitch that had McCoy played the whole game then TX would have won? No, I won't carry it that far, though I'm sure TX fans (and all the AL haters, and SEC haters to some degree) would state that the closeness of the game would have been more than made up by McCoy's presence - but without having played him in the whole game, I'm not willing to take that as 'fact', since I believe the AL defense would have remained as strong as it was. Maybe TX would have won with McCoy, maybe they wouldn't. Fact is, he started, but they didn't win. Fact is AL won, both in score and in the play of the game for those who watched it. I'm okay with this outcome. SEC homerism aside, I'd have been okay with the outcome if McCoy had remained and TX has won - so long as the best team won, which I believe is what happened. And the second best team lost. The third best team? Maybe FLA, maybe not, but the drop off between 2 and anyone at 3 is very noticeable.

yeah, I was just expecting this game to be a lot of fun to watch. I was severely disappointed when McCoy was off and then obviously a very potent Mack Brown offense was diminished to the draw play or short RB screens every down.

but back to Colt McCoy. besides having a name that the only place where they might think it sounds like a good name is Texas, the guy proved himself to be pretty much a twink. I don't know how serious his arm was hurt, but I was very confused seeing him off the field when watching the replays of that hit. it didn't even look that painful...