• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Extreme fatigue...

Try enteric coated iodine, 50-150mg at nite time, organs clean &uptake mostly between 3-5am.
Liquid ionic iodine will jump start in combination. Your thyroid is iodine deprived, as is the nutrition around us. Brain fog will lift, your mind & body as a whole will come back naturally.

A few suggestions here:
- getting your thyroid checked
- ensuring you are getting enough iron and vit b12 (I believe??? just all B vitamins lol), sometimes mulit-vitamins don't have enough
- drinking enough water
- getting proper sleep
- depending on if it's possible where you live, try a sleep clinic. maybe you aren't getting good QUALITY sleep even though you are sleeping enough
- nootropics can sometimes help

Sounds like you're pretty healthy by eating, drinking, exercising, etc. and it does seem like it's too long after you quit that it shouldn't still be effecting you THAT much.

^ Thyroid checked for sure!

Exercises.
If possible check cortisol levels
Healthy diet
Blood tests may also indicate which direction your doctor should take.

I have the same problem and I haven't done any meth in about 4 years. I'm also an alcoholic but lately I've been drinking much, much less than usual (about 2 drinks per night, and not every night; see related thread). I thought mine was depression-related but my depression is lifting and I'm still exhausted. I will look into the thyroid thing. I do know that if I mention drinking or drugging to any doctor nothing else I say is heard at all. I feel your pain. Good luck.

I've battled extreme fatigue and brain fog my whole life - trying to fight through it led me to an Adderall addiction and legal/criminal problems.
Was just diagnosed with narcolepsy. It does NOT always look like what we've been taught (people falling dead asleep in the middle of a sentence.)
I suggest anyone fighting nameless, chronic, lingering debilitating exhaustion get a sleep study by a neurologist specializing in narcolepsy.
The only reason it even pops into my mind for the OP is because a lot of undiagnosed narcoleptics end up on extreme stimulants to survive.
Nootropics have helped me. I'm always learning different stacks but my life is 100% better now in every way.

I don't exactly know what I have. I've been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome though I am skeptical about the diagnosis. I was doing good for a couple of days, and I felt fucking amazing, I felt as if the future didn't look so bleak and that I could accomplish something with my life. Woke up this morning with the worst brain fog, and I just ended up crying, it was 1 step forward and then two leaps backward. I don't know what I'm going to do anymore. I feel so lost, and worst of all I feel as if I'm running out of time. I look at other people and see that they've accomplished so much, meanwhile I'm in this rut. I feel useless.

Last edited:
I don't know anything about these supplements but I do know that PAWS can last a year or more depending on the the length of your addiction, with chronic fatigue always right there with you.

After 15 years of abusing opiates and speed, it took over a year to get normal. I was surprised. When I had quit for shorter periods it felt like after two weeks, I was back to normal or better energy levels. But longer term sobriety taught me that neurochemical homeostasis is a process similar to a pendulum swinging. Getting back to equilibrium meant swinging back into low energy levels and then back to higher energy levels. I think true recovery just takes longer than most people realize which is one reason relapsing is so common.

I found that following an exercise program is essential to my recovery. For over a year the only time I felt good was while exercising.im not going to say I feel great and non fatigued all the time but after 2.5 years mostly sober, I feel 1000% better than during my first year of recovery.

Last edited:
Azure Cloud said:
I found that following an exercise program is essential to my recovery

Great idea, but it is all I can do to drag myself out of bed. How did you get past that?

You just have to make yourself get up and go. Once it's just you and the weights (or road if running/biking) you do it and the rest takes care of itself. Once your brain understands this is the only time of day that you will feel good, it becomes your new addiction. Also, the temporary rain of natural endorphins helps to fuel this. After that it slowly gets better. At least that is how it worked for me.

2 years later I still do this almost everyday because I know I will feel like shit the rest of the day if I do not.

On the exercising part, start slow. Do not try to walk 3 miles the first day or whatever you chose to do. As an addict, I tend to have that go big or go home mentality, and whenever I exercise I try to do too much Too quickly. Then I'm burnt out and exceedingly tired. You'd be surprised what just walking down the street can do for you... then next thing you know, you're wanting to do a little more each day and feel so good afterwards.

I feel like those waves of fatigue come and go. You can be fine for a while and then all of a sudden, randomly walking in a store or something and that fatigue sets in and it?s so overwhelming. It?s the worst.

Do you find that you get out of breath really easily? Like doing the most mundane things. Like changing the laundry. It sucks.