• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Want to know if i used a micron filter right

So, i had some brown pellets that were either morphine or heroin, but that doesn't really matter. I would crush up into fine powder and pour the powder into a 3ml syringe, then i would draw about 1-2ml of water depending on amount of powder. I then would let the mixture dissolve for a few minutes. Shook it up every now and when it seemed liked nothing more was dissolving I attached the filter. It was very easy to push the liquid through, but seemed like i could pull back on plunger and push more liquid through, so i did this until no more liquid was coming out. I then used a new 3ml 27g rig to draw the solution out of the spoon. Some was hard to get out so just made tiny cotton filter and drew what i couldn't get with just the needle. The finished product looked fairly clear, a little brown. I attached a 30g needle to syringe and hit perfect and it felt great. I used one filter all day probably 5 or 6 times total and it never got hard to push the stuff through. The next day i did start with a new filter, so was wondering how many uses can you get with one of these? And if that was the right way to use the micron filters?

So, i had some brown pellets that were either morphine or heroin, but that doesn't really matter. I would crush up into fine powder and pour the powder into a 3ml syringe, then i would draw about 1-2ml of water depending on amount of powder. I then would let the mixture dissolve for a few minutes. Shook it up every now and when it seemed liked nothing more was dissolving I attached the filter. It was very easy to push the liquid through, but seemed like i could pull back on plunger and push more liquid through, so i did this until no more liquid was coming out. I then used a new 3ml 27g rig to draw the solution out of the spoon. Some was hard to get out so just made tiny cotton filter and drew what i couldn't get with just the needle. The finished product looked fairly clear, a little brown. I attached a 30g needle to syringe and hit perfect and it felt great. I used one filter all day probably 5 or 6 times total and it never got hard to push the stuff through. The next day i did start with a new filter, so was wondering how many uses can you get with one of these? And if that was the right way to use the micron filters?

How many uses you can get out of one depends on what you're filtering, and what specific filter you choose to use.

There's a thread with people inputting this very information - however there aren't a lot of volunteered responses yet.

It seems like you are filtering correctly - I didn't read over your post very carefully though. Are you following the same steps I am? You don't have to filter directly into a vial like I do.

It sounds like it's doing the job right. A 0.22um layer may not remove all coloring - as my Suboxone solution is slightly orange, and your morphine solution is still slightly brown.

I would say I believe you are doing it correctly. :)

so, pretty much as long as the liquid is coming out easy they should be good. I remember using a different brand filter on some morphine IRs full off bs talc and what not. I remember it was very hard to get anything through the filter, I had to push super hard. With these dope/morphine pellets the filter really never got clogged, but i could see the garbage it was filtering out in the wheel. I will never shoot again with out these, the high was better than a cotton filter and it just seemed so much cleaner.

so, pretty much as long as the liquid is coming out easy they should be good. I remember using a different brand filter on some morphine IRs full off bs talc and what not. I remember it was very hard to get anything through the filter, I had to push super hard. With these dope/morphine pellets the filter really never got clogged, but i could see the garbage it was filtering out in the wheel. I will never shoot again with out these, the high was better than a cotton filter and it just seemed so much cleaner.

The high is better. :) That's because the cotton filter will filter out some of the active ingredients; so using a micron filter is going to be worth it. %)

I used the .45 mic filters after filtering 40 mg d-amp through panty hose, then drawing through cotton using a a 5 cc syringe. I then loaded that into a 3 cc luer lock syringe with filter attached and very positive filtration of all liquid, with no clogging of the filter. A lot of trouble but if I were to take the time to prep a weeks worth of product, then probably reasonable...

yeah, those filter syringes from amazon, which look similar to the sterifilt, did not work to my expectations, so I personally am sticking with the multi level filtration, using panty hose for bulk filtration, cotton for mid level filtration and the .45 mic filter for final...
the final product is such a pretty, yellow-gold, crystal-clear liquid....very enticing!

mod note: please just edit your post instead of posting again if you want to add something thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am glad to hear that micron filtering worked well for you! :)

If you don't mind answering, what kind of pills are you using? This information might help others who may attempt this later down the line.

Status update from my world - promise to provide scientific filtering reports ASAP

I am having huge successes with filtering (both insoluble pill material and bacteria), to make multi-day solutions stored in periodically-externally-sterilized syringes and dosing/disposing needles (usually make for 3-6 shots or so at a time).

Shooting these days is going extremely well. I can even hit a vein on a cold morning where there is barely a vein visible i.e. I don't like torniquets, a hassle and unnecessary... mostly been using cephalic and brachial vein at elbow -> upper arm, some shots in accessory cephalics along the lower arm, but near the elbow...
...I have healing rates ranging from 3-5 days at shot site depending on shot success rate - I'd say I have a 50% success rate, both in terms of eliminating bacteria, and unwanted solubles) and this is after about 20 shots or so, starting with 3 which I thought would be the only three...
...but I could not let my imperfections at shooting at the time be a hindrance in my future ventures, so I kept going - I plan to need the medical proficiency later on in life, when I am on expeditions in the middle of bum-fuck lang (i.e. at least a couple of days helicopter and airplane rides before sufficient medical attention is available - which is not too seldom I am in such a situation).

It's the methology, medical and the physiotherapeutic applications that have me intrigued, and of course it helps when there in morphine or burprenorphine in the syringe. I've been pierced, still have some, had tattoos done, so the needle part of it is already satisfied other places, and I know I have alternatives for when the IV'ing is over - have a couple tats that need working anyways, and money is slowly getting back to basics after going into ORT and receiving free Bupe, so tats and travel should soon be an option again)

Anyways, I plan to experiment until I am a few weeks prior to tapering off Bupe (within a 6 week period from now - have been stabilizing recently, and was according to plan A supposed to be clean now), and also abstain from IV'ing during periods of multi-day social/work gatherings, doubling the sublingual dose at those times, and then just getting more bupe from the clinic if necessary...
...that's the problem with starting IV'ing bupe, you up your threshold, and the sublingual and rectal routes just seem inferior afterwards, and the dose needed with such ROA equivalent to the dose og IV is at least double if not triple (however adjustable, due to the supposed prolonged effect that comes about sublingual use (I think this is due to the slower uptake, thus slower peak, thus slower trough, thus slower onset of hell symptoms - although I experience only the mildest nowadays, when I don't get my fix)... so I think I'm in for a little adjustment of dispensation at the clinic with the next doc meet (tuesday)...

I am working on a document, about filtering multi-shot solutions for bacteria (.2 μm using pills that are non-sterile, from the hands of a street-junkie or likewise), and also filtering for undesired additives and binders (using a 0.45 μm filter for pills that are directly from the blister pack - i.e. sterile. All of my filtering goes on at home, always best to go about your gear in your own clean place/home. So report soon to come with Hypethesis -> Gear -> Methods -> Results -> Conclusions.

^Quick update here... all going well with filtering and shooting, never using a tourniquet. No real reason for me to come with a report on filtering method is there? Captain.Heroin has it covered in the first post. But needless to say, hit me up if you want to know what gear and method I used, because I have kept a record. So far I seem to have no adverse effects, unless I miss a vein of course. But otherwise healing is within 1-3 days, depending on area and vein; sometimes I can't even tell whether I shot there or not, even though I know I did at some point recently. Some fuck-ups have left week long, slowly disappearing subcutaneous bruising. That was also related to my stubbornness in terms of having to try the heroin IV rush compared to the Morphine HCl rush, which I finally, after so many fuck-ups and so many late-night street gips, got and admired then disadmired. The fun part only lasted half an hour for me, therefore, I shall not shoot heroin again. And regardless of all the crap, in the end it was good brown dope, bitter taste as in the good dope bitter. Besides, I'm at 1 mg buprenorphine/day and jumping soon, so I would be an idiot to go back in the loop. And snorting dope seems to be a much better ROA for me anyways. But NO DOPE OR BENZOS! JUST BUPE and some good weed :) Also keeping special medical attention to my IV'ing spots and habits, and making notes for myself, so I don't end up in a bad loop with that, and can manage to jump off and come clean in May as planned without having to inject salty water for the needle part of it. Although I do have an alternative, faster taper plan that I might try follow on my own, and see where that lands me, would be cool to come down and off sooner. But all good here, one day at a time.

Question. If one were to dissolve some coke in water and then pass it through a .22um micron filter, would the majority of the cuts be filtered out? I'm assuming most of the common cuts are larger than .22um.

Or would the cuts that are soluble in water simply pass through the filter along with the cocaine?

I'm just curious because I hate coke it makes me so anxious and heart pounding with palpitations and introverted... the damn cuts are so terrible. There have only been a few times years ago where I got coke that wasn't stepped on with any major active cuts... and the feeling is incredible.

I want to perform an acetone wash soon, although I am curious about using micron filters because it would be so simple... I could just drip the solution into my nose or IV... without taking time to perform an acetone wash.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Question. If one were to dissolve some coke in water and then pass it through a .22um micron filter, would the majority of the cuts be filtered out? I'm assuming most of the common cuts are larger than .22um.

Or would the cuts that are soluble in water simply pass through the filter along with the cocaine?

I'm just curious because I hate coke it makes me so anxious and heart pounding with palpitations and introverted... the damn cuts are so terrible. There have only been a few times years ago where I got coke that wasn't stepped on with any major active cuts... and the feeling is incredible.

I want to perform an acetone wash soon, although I am curious about using micron filters because it would be so simple... I could just drip the solution into my nose or IV... without taking time to perform an acetone wash.

Thanks.

Just make sure the inactives fully dissolve into the water as they would naturally; this way even corn starch will swell above the 0.22um pore size. :)

I forgot to mention that the main thing I have been filtering is Temgesic tablets... and as mentioned all going well. They contain the same ingredients as Subutex... And that I have been dosing more than necessary, and the clinic is closed in the weekend, and I'll likely run out tomorrow... so two days at least before I have time to swing by... Hopefully won't be too rough. All I have as supplementary drugs is cannabis, but that will do, and will have to do, for the time being. Might even be a good time to try a jump, ride it out for a while, see how it feels to be off... and then pile up from the clinic and then decide what to do...

Do you think PTFE filters would do a better job of filtering viscous solutions (say, MS contin)? I use them to filter thicker organic solutions for HPLC, but only have 4mm filters so it is anything but ideal for trying to filter anything outside a lab.

Do you think PTFE filters would do a better job of filtering viscous solutions (say, MS contin)? I use them to filter thicker organic solutions for HPLC, but only have 4mm filters so it is anything but ideal for trying to filter anything outside a lab.

I have no idea.

I think PES and PVDF are what I have heard most people using.

i wouldn't say injecting any pill despite how it is filtered is "safe".. i would say it is "safer than not using a micron filter" and using a micron filter is probably the safest filter you could use for pills.

So theorhetically, would it be "safe" to inject generic adderall pills using this method?

I'm not sure, since I have never tried to filter Adderall.

My gut instinct based on trying to micron filter Dexedrine IR, would be no, it's not safe. The Dexedrine IR had too many particles get through, including coloring, and other stuff, so I'm assuming that there's something in Dexedrine IR which makes micron filtering difficult/tricky.

Adderall XR micron filtered would be a different story (as dexedrine XR micron filtered went a lot more smoothly and was a clear solution).

This is just me speculating, I have never tried micron filtering Adderall IR or XR.

i wouldn't say injecting any pill despite how it is filtered is "safe"

Well by that logic, injecting in itself, isn't safe.

These adderall are bright fucking blue, generic addys. hm.

"LACTITOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, COLLOIDAL SILICON DIOXIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, AND OTHER INGREDIENTS. FD & C BLUE 1"

^^that's what they contain

I know that it's not "safe", any way you cut it. But relatively safe.

These adderall are bright fucking blue, generic addys. hm.

"LACTITOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, COLLOIDAL SILICON DIOXIDE, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, AND OTHER INGREDIENTS. FD & C BLUE 1"

^^that's what they contain

I know that it's not "safe", any way you cut it. But relatively safe.

lol, "and other ingredients" could really mean anything.

That's why I really am not sure.

Ive noticed filters turn yellow after 1 week from the first use. One or two days later there were 3 visible black chunks clogged in there. I had only filtered subutex for a week but these whatman filters get pretty gross pretty quick

Ive noticed filters turn yellow after 1 week from the first use. One or two days later there were 3 visible black chunks clogged in there. I had only filtered subutex for a week but these whatman filters get pretty gross pretty quick

What's real gross is the shit growing in the filters over the week your using it, if it sits out wet I would toss it after an hour MAX. Your risking a serious infection reusing a filter over a week that's damn unsterile!!