• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Just read through this thread; this issue has already been discussed.

Thanks, I now have done this. you wrote:
Researchsupply has micron filters, they are just not "sterile" (meaning sealed in its own package). These are the ones I get (the "non-sterile" kind).

This is who I originally purchased from. Ordered qty 100 for 114.00 USD. This was my concern. I thought "sterile" meant the content of the filter itself. As you have pointed out it is how the filters are packaged. All filter material is sterile, it is just that they are not individually wrapped.

Given that, the cost is (single dosing) about 1.14 USD. That is a no brainer for removing the sh!t from your pills.

a micron filter won't filter out bacteria because it is water soluble

That's not true, a micron filter will filter out all particulate matter of it's size and up. For example, most filter out particles of 0.2um and up.

"Bacterial cells are about one tenth the size of eukaryotic cells and are typically 0.5–5.0 micrometres in length"

~wikipedia

Now If I want to one time inject an 8 mg suboxone strip. Would I die or get severly injured if I don't use micron filter? And how much suboxone would I need to inject to get a nice euphoria? I normally take 1-2 8 mg strips a day.

could anyone PM me regarding bacteriostatic water? trying to make new bupe batch and i cannot find it anywhere.

If this post is against the rules i apologize

Having the same problem, cant find "supplies" anywhere. The old BS water is OOS everywhere I use to buy but they've replace it with some new mix of sterile water w/ soduim chloride 9% solution. Anyone know if this is an ok substitue? Sorry if this has been addressed, having computer issues and limited access & time to research.

Having the same problem, cant find "supplies" anywhere. The old BS water is OOS everywhere I use to buy but they've replace it with some new mix of sterile water w/ soduim chloride 9% solution. Anyone know if this is an ok substitue? Sorry if this has been addressed, having computer issues and limited access & time to research.

The sodium chloride is there to represent the amount of salt in your blood.

If the product in question doesn't have benzyl alcohol, you'll need to find a product that does, or add it in yourself.

Where might I find Benzyl Alcohol? Thanks for replying CH, Hope you are feeling better!!!

Where might I find Benzyl Alcohol? Thanks for replying CH, Hope you are feeling better!!!

Just to let everyone know, Bacteriostatic water is not available in the US for at least the next several months. I purchase it regularly and ran into trouble a few weeks ago trying to buy it from my usual places. It turns out that only 2 companies make it and Hospira (the main company) has run into some sort of manufacturing problems, and the other company has been unale to keep up with demand since Hospira crapped out.

The only places that have it are places that just happen to have some lying around from old stocks, as currently no one is able to restock it.

You can of course make your own by buying USP Benzyl alcohol and mixing it with sterile water at a concentration of 1% Benzyl alcohol to 99% sterile water (I know its actually 0.9% Benzyl but 1% is essentially the same and much easier to calculate).

(I know its actually 0.9% Benzyl but 1% is essentially the same and much easier to calculate).

I think if you passed basic math classes in high school, using your computer's calculator is just as easy. %)

You are correct though about the reason why there's a lack of bacteriostatic water on the market.

At the moment I am just making my own.

Hi, I've got 3 sort of freaky questions. They have to do with solution sterility and medium-term storage of a chemical intended for IM injection:

1) I would like to store my stuff as a solution in a completely clean environment for at least a couple of months. The problem is I can't get sterilized vials of any sort. Can't get benzyl alcohol vials. The only thing I can get are empty vials of dog vaccines taken from a veterinarian. These are clean and one-use vials so no worries of getting dog blood into my body, but we all know that vaccines are basically lab-treated viruses, right? So my question is, is it safe to rinse repeatedly these vials (without opening them) with something like water with 0.001% bleach in order to get the most of the remaining vaccine powder, inject my solution into it with a 0.25 micron-filter, and not suffer from some kind of canine disease?

2) If this is not recommended, an alternative would be just passing the solution after the micron filtering to another syringe, just cap it, and extract whatever amount is necessary from it afterwards. A syringe isn't hermetic of course, but I have heard of people storing K this way for months without suffering degradation or muscle abscesses.

3) What would be better as a preservative, bi-distilled water mixed with 0.9% ethyl alcohol (can't get benzyl), or distilled water with 0.9% sodium chloride=

Captain.Heroin? Anyone there?

This thread seems a little stagnated... BTW, shouldn't it belong as a permanent stickie?

I'm guessing you would have to add in more benzyl alcohol than just 0.9%. I have no idea to be honest; I'm not sure if there is a way to really make it last longer than 28 days safely.

Surely you mean ethyl alcohol. But which answer are you actually responding to, number 3 I'm guessing?

Do you really have nothing to say about questions 1 or 2? Number 2 is at least simpler, and I'm sure you have a wealth of experience to answer this cute little puppy.

If I had no vials, I would preload the solution into syringes, assuming you have benzyl alcohol in the solution for preservation.oerwise it wouldn't be a good idea.

I will assume you have no idea if ethyl alcohol can replace benzyl as a preservative. There is still the problem that the alcohol could corrode the syringe's plastic.
Does anybody else out there know if sodium chloride or other preservatives can replace benzyl/ethyl alcohol for medium-term preservation? Thank you.