• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

CaptnH where can I purchase a 20 or 30ml luer lock do store a bupe solution? I don't see any over 5cc on gpz

Thanks a lot :) ordering my supplies right now I really appreciate it Captn, you put a wonderful contribution to this site and harm reduction.

Yay to safer injecting :)

Probably not the best idea for most people, despite how easy it seems.

I've done this for 2 years. I got sterile water from my needle exchange for free and bought a vial of 50ml of benzyl alcohol for like $5 and have only used like 1% of it. It is an incredibly easy calculation for how much to use.

micron filter question

Hello. I am an IV user and have always used balled up cotton or cigarette filter. I have read of micron filters on this site. Can these be bought at pharmacies, such as walmarts? also what do they typically cost? I have not wanted to ask them about them when buying my rigs since I tell them(if asked) it is for insulin.

In short: where do you get micron filters? are they expensive?

So I bought the .22 um filters. My questions are these:

1. Do you have to use a luer lok syringe to mount the filter or will a slip fit work as well? I'm looking at just single load (1ml) syringes.
2. If I have to use a luer lok syringe, will any type of needle (30G) screw onto the luer lok? I have tried to find luer lok needles for the 1ml syringe but can never find any. They are always for 3ml and up which makes me think that in the smaller gauge needles the plastic lip of the needle must screw onto a luer lok syringe.

Last edited:
So I bought the .22 um filters. My questions are these:

1. Do you have to use a luer lok syringe to mount the filter or will a slip fit work as well? I'm looking at just single load (1ml) syringes.
2. If I have to use a luer lok syringe, will any type of needle (30G) screw onto the luer lok? I have tried to find luer lok needles for the 1ml syringe but can never find any. They are always for 3ml and up which makes me think that in the smaller gauge needles the plastic lip of the needle must screw onto a luer lok syringe.

In my experience, you can use a slip tip. However, you're going to have to push the liquid into the filter, and then push extra air past it, purging the shot through. For this reason, a 3cc luer lock syringe works significantly better in my experience.

The needle slips onto the end of the micron filter; the syringe alone screws onto the beginning.

In my experience, you can use a slip tip. However, you're going to have to push the liquid into the filter, and then push extra air past it, purging the shot through. For this reason, a 3cc luer lock syringe works significantly better in my experience.

The needle slips onto the end of the micron filter; the syringe alone screws onto the beginning.

So what you're saying is that I should use a 3ml luer lok syringe, attach the filter to this, use the luer slip needle to inject the filtered stuff (Adderall) into a sealed container. Then use a 1ml luer slip syringe with a luer slip needle (30G) to withdraw from the container to inject? Obviously I'm looking for a small poke in the arm, assuming sterilization in the intermediate steps.

Or can I use the 3ml syringe, through the filter, and into (3) 1ml (backloaded) syringes for a day's worth of a good time? This may work out better for me as I can do (3ml) a day's worth, or two, with one filter's use.

While my heart has always lied with opiates, I've only been recently prescribed Adderall for "treatment resistant depression". Good news though - I have developed a degenerative back condition (MRI confirmed) that requires at least a 20mg oxy tab 3x/day for relief. ;)

I must say that a lot has changed since the 70's when I did a lot with a lot less (HCV diagnosed from the 70's yet resolved in 2001 - 2002). I agree, though, with the filtration needed for today's pills. The only consolation is that I now know what the doseage I'm actually getting.

Thanks for your patience and knowledge CH! Your thread is much appreciated. Many pages to read, but always something of importance on each page to absorb.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that I should use a 3ml luer lok syringe, attach the filter to this, use the luer slip needle to inject the filtered stuff (Adderall) into a sealed container. Then use a 1ml luer slip syringe with a luer slip needle (30G) to withdraw from the container to inject? Obviously I'm looking for a small poke in the arm, assuming sterilization in the intermediate steps.

Or can I use the 3ml syringe, through the filter, and into (3) 1ml (backloaded) syringes for a day's worth of a good time? This may work out better for me as I can do (3ml) a day's worth, or two, with one filter's use.

While my heart has always lied with opiates, I've only been recently prescribed Adderall for "treatment resistant depression". Good news though - I have developed a degenerative back condition (MRI confirmed) that requires at least a 20mg oxy tab 3x/day for relief. ;)

I must say that a lot has changed since the 70's when I did a lot with a lot less (HCV diagnosed from the 70's yet resolved in 2001 - 2002). I agree, though, with the filtration needed for today's pills. The only consolation is that I now know what the doseage I'm actually getting.

Thanks for your patience and knowledge CH! Your thread is much appreciated. Many pages to read, but always something of importance on each page to absorb.

You can withdraw it from a vial, or preload them into syringes. Yes you have the right idea.

The slip tips are bad to use with micron filters you want leur lock because you have to give significant pressure sometimes and you;ll pop the tip right off. pERSONALLY I cotton filter first then I run it through the micron, I wet the micron first and also run al ittl water so i make sure i get everything out.

You need leur lock syringe barrels and also tips, you dont want slip anything. HOnestly ive found slip tips seem to blow for all uses.

It;'s crazy how good the microns are, a roxy went from being like blue as fuck to beautiful. suboxone becomes just a slight orange tinge, subutex clear as water, best of all you reduce risk of abscess like a mother fucker if you miss.

As for non-sterile micron filters, is it really that bad to use considering alot of IVers use all kinds of items that are not sterile, i.e. cigarette filters, cotton balls, Q-Tips, etc. I understand the reason to use sterile products, but is there something inherently bad in the construction of a non-sterile .22 um wheel filter?

As for non-sterile micron filters, is it really that bad to use considering alot of IVers use all kinds of items that are not sterile, i.e. cigarette filters, cotton balls, Q-Tips, etc. I understand the reason to use sterile products, but is there something inherently bad in the construction of a non-sterile .22 um wheel filter?

Just read through this thread; this issue has already been discussed.

Mostly with me I use special cigarette filters they look very simular but they are bought sepeartly to cigaretes they are very thin but usually stop most of the chalk from getting through especially if you are doing pills IV. I tend to double filter when i do pills i.e oxycontin as that's much harder now to cut up I also mix it with a tiny bit of baking soda about half a teaspoon. But yeah great job everyone who posted on here about safer injecting i think this is one of the sites stronger points. Also i get Clean and new needles for free at our local Health care centre you can also buy alcoho swabs there too for free it's only if you want to get wheel filters they are about a $1 I usually use the yellow or green ones as they are good at stopping the microfibers that may end up in the plunger of the needle from getting through.
Happy and safe injecting