• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Shouldn't you be able to use ipa to sterilizer a pes micron filter?

I don't believe so; it isn't going to evaporate quickly, as well as the idea that you still can clog a filter to the point where it won't work anymore.

I don't believe so; it isn't going to evaporate quickly, as well as the idea that you still can clog a filter to the point where it won't work anymore.
Well you obviously rinse it with bacteriostatic water afterwards, i don't see the problem.
But it's not a problem for me i just use mine microns one time anyway.

Well you obviously rinse it with bacteriostatic water afterwards, i don't see the problem.
But it's not a problem for me i just use mine microns one time anyway.

One could just use benzyl alcohol by itself then, diluted with water. I just wouldn't personally use isopropanol to be honest, although your idea could work I am just not sure

Will a micron filter, filter out the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose found only in the suboxone strips? I've read it's water soluble?

Will a micron filter, filter out the hydroxypropyl methylcellulose found only in the suboxone strips? I've read it's water soluble?

If its dissolved in water then it cannot be removed via physical filtration.

What is up with the prices on mountainside-medical? The bacteriostatic water now costs $181.41 before it costed $29

So I haven't read this thread but I'm curious as to what risks still exist for me shooting my suboxone dose in the following manner:

1. Crushed pills dissolved in nanopure H20 (this means its double-distilled, followed by autoclaving)
2. Solution is drawn into a large (usually 10ml) syringe
3. Then I attach special sterile-filtration units to the end of the syringe (with 0.22 micron pores, smaller than any bacteria)
4. Solution is dispensed into 1.5 ml sterile eppendorf tubes

I am positive that my solution is sterile, as I work in a biochemistry lab studying molecular mechanisms of gene expression regulation, however, I have no idea what remains in my solution, chemical wise (these are orange reckitt benckiser tabs) that might be damaging my veins. I assume larger particles are filtered out, but is anything soluble and hazardous that I should be worried about. (I consider myself lucky, I also have unlimited absolute ethanol to sterilize the injection sight, and even some antibiotics used for selection in bacterial expression vectors, things that would cost me thousands with the filters and sterilized water, and luer-lock syringes)

If anyone has knowledge about the harmful solutes, I would appreciate it, since this thread is on micron filters I don't know if anyone knows what remains after running through a sterilizing filter but I'm curious. . . .

What is up with the prices on mountainside-medical? The bacteriostatic water now costs $181.41 before it costed $29

I just checked and it's $29 per 25ct. Tray before S&H, I don't know where you got that huge number from.

So I haven't read this thread but I'm curious as to what risks still exist for me shooting my suboxone dose in the following manner:

1. Crushed pills dissolved in nanopure H20 (this means its double-distilled, followed by autoclaving)
2. Solution is drawn into a large (usually 10ml) syringe
3. Then I attach special sterile-filtration units to the end of the syringe (with 0.22 micron pores, smaller than any bacteria)
4. Solution is dispensed into 1.5 ml sterile eppendorf tubes

I am positive that my solution is sterile, as I work in a biochemistry lab studying molecular mechanisms of gene expression regulation, however, I have no idea what remains in my solution, chemical wise (these are orange reckitt benckiser tabs) that might be damaging my veins. I assume larger particles are filtered out, but is anything soluble and hazardous that I should be worried about. (I consider myself lucky, I also have unlimited absolute ethanol to sterilize the injection sight, and even some antibiotics used for selection in bacterial expression vectors, things that would cost me thousands with the filters and sterilized water, and luer-lock syringes)

If anyone has knowledge about the harmful solutes, I would appreciate it, since this thread is on micron filters I don't know if anyone knows what remains after running through a sterilizing filter but I'm curious. . . .

0.22um pores should work no problem, and this will filter out the corn starch and other inactive ingredients.

For any EU residents who find the 70$ shipping costs from US to EU daunting: Whatman can send free samples of any filters you choose (4 in my case) delivered to your doorstep. They inquire later how they worked out for you. They sell a minimum of 50 at a time. Retailers who buy them in the thousands probably have cheaper ones even considering the shipping costs. I haven't heard their price yet but I thought I'd mention the freebies.

Public Service Announcement

PSA: Version 2 in the works.

Hey guys,

I am in the middle of creating a second Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ, so that I can make improvements. The first one will remain here (probably in the archive) so as to help people out the best.

I intend on making major updates, as well as making videos instead of pictures, so as to make it as user friendly as possible.

If anyone has questions, concerns, tips, or ideas, please place them in this thread. I will be going through this thread to accumulate all ideas and changes I will implement for the next version.

Thanks for your assistance and safe shooting!

CH, clear PM's and send me one por favor

PSA: Version 2 in the works.

Hey guys,

I am in the middle of creating a second Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ, so that I can make improvements. The first one will remain here (probably in the archive) so as to help people out the best.

I intend on making major updates, as well as making videos instead of pictures, so as to make it as user friendly as possible.

If anyone has questions, concerns, tips, or ideas, please place them in this thread. I will be going through this thread to accumulate all ideas and changes I will implement for the next version.

Thanks for your assistance and safe shooting!

Just some ideas for thread #2.

At GPZServices.com, it is possible to buy 30g 1/2" Leur-lock needle tips which will be very beneficial to those who can't fit everything in a 1mL insulin syringe, something that comes up pretty often is people trying to use 3mL syringes with the original 22gauge harpoon attached. You can get those here.. Perfect for someone shooting, say, morphine when they want more than a 65mg (most you can fit in 1mL) shot at once (max solubility 65mg/mL) they now have options. (You can use a 3 or 5mL Leur-Lock syringe and simply swap the needle it comes with out for one of the 30G ones, which surprisingly are the same length exactly as an insulin syringe.)

www.gpzservices is back in stock on Micron Filters. They also sell individual filtering solutions, like single use filters for insulin syringes, etc... Also, the best price and selection on pre-sealed clear or amber borosilicate glass vials.

researchsupply.net is currently OUT of stock on Microns (they have slightly better prices on them)

Amazon.com is still a good source for Bacteriostatic Water or Sodium Chloride (Hey cap'n, wanna fill us in on the difference between them?) as well as Insulin Syringes and alcohol swabs.

Well that's about it, it's time for me to be placing an order of my own since I am personally running low on supplies. Best to everyone.

While reading the pamphlet that comes with a 25ct. tray for bacteriostatic nacl vs. bacteriostatic water, it appears the p.H. is lower for the nacl. For some drugs, this will increase the overall potential solubility.

I just moved to an area with a needle exchange, and I am already enjoying the benefits. :)

Last edited:
Hi this is an awesome step by step bty the way you cleared up alot for me. Onky questions i had if i buy the presealed vials what ml should i use? How full do i make the sealed vial after micron filtering? Any idea what the equivalent is of dilaudid in pill form to iv form? And after the vial is filtered i can insert a tiny syringe and inject how much solution? For instance if i made it out of 4 mg dilaudid amd have a very high tolerance. Oh one more thing are medical supply place stores tyicalle open to the public? Or is buying syringes and microns an online only thing? Thank you so much and sorry for the stupid questions again. Cheers

I addressed where to find microns in the first post; generally I go through gpzservices.com or researchsupply.net

I don't think your typical dilaudid injector will agree but I would aim for 4mg/ml. The more concentrated the solution, the more challenging it will be for the micron filter.

Importantly, it is a good idea to use a simple cotton filter first, so the micron filter has a relatively easier time withstanding the cut in the pills.

You can also let the sediment settle at the bottom of the syringe at the plunger, and just finish micron filtering with the needle pointing up (to allow for the sediment to enter the micron filter last).