• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

CAPTAIN could you inject IM after following these instructions RE dialaudid macklinrodt?

^ why would you want to IM it? hydromorphone is great for its rush when IV'd. why would you want to skip that part of the high? (the rush is usually why people inject).. also it's much safer to IV if you have good technique and know what you're doing and don't miss.

But as far as your question goes, i don't know how safe it would be to IM it, i haven't seen the inactives in it. You can check CH's inactive ingredient thread.. im sure it's there.
But i will leave this for him to answer as he has done a lot more research than I into safe injecting, inactives, size of particles etc ..

EDIT: sorry for kinda stealing your question CH lol i just figured i'd throw in my .02

Last edited:
CAPTAIN could you inject IM after following these instructions RE dialaudid macklinrodt?

The generic dilaudid has a lot of fillers, I would ideally get the brand name pills.

As for "is it safe" I can't be sure, but I imagine the brand name dilaudid pills, micron filtered with a 0.22um, would be safe to IM.

In Answer to the question as to why I would IM the generic dilaudid the following #1 I am a disabled chronic pain patient and I no longer have the fine motor control needed to IV #2 I am more concerned with a greater degree of pain control than the rush.additionally my part 3 medicare insurance does not cover name brands and I have to make do with the generics.Also I think that I would benefit from a longer duration of relief and use less of the meds. MY thanks for any help in this matter

Basically this, the mallinckrodt hydromorphone tabs contain lactose monohydrate,magnesium stearate,microcrystalline cellulose and stearic acid.will these additives be removed by the micron filter and if not are they harmful if IM OR subcutaneous injected. I would like to thank the captain and everyone else for the work they have done in this subject

not sure about IM......

but if you use a micron filter, you are able to to IV them.

In Answer to the question as to why I would IM the generic dilaudid the following #1 I am a disabled chronic pain patient and I no longer have the fine motor control needed to IV #2 I am more concerned with a greater degree of pain control than the rush.additionally my part 3 medicare insurance does not cover name brands and I have to make do with the generics.Also I think that I would benefit from a longer duration of relief and use less of the meds. MY thanks for any help in this matter

I am really sorry to hear you don't have the dexterity to IV anymore, so I hope IM use works well for you.

Basically this, the mallinckrodt hydromorphone tabs contain lactose monohydrate,magnesium stearate,microcrystalline cellulose and stearic acid.will these additives be removed by the micron filter and if not are they harmful if IM OR subcutaneous injected. I would like to thank the captain and everyone else for the work they have done in this subject

I believe all of the inactives will be removed. I think that stearic acid will be left behind but it doesn't sound like it's going to do much damage. I know that magnesium stearate and microcrystalline cellulose should be removed for sure.

Micron Filtering, Help Needed.

ive finally decided to start micron filtering after putting it off for far too long... ive done my research and am ready to order all of the necessary supplies.

i want to filter my 5mg Opana IR's for IV/IM use... problem is i cant afford to order tons of micron filters for single use as i will be IVing multiple times per day. so obviously i need to filter many at once.

i get 120 of them each script and i want to make a 20mg/mL oxymorphone solution. i want to have a vial with a solution of all of them filtered for the month.

how the hell am i supposed to fit all of those through a 0.2 µm filter?! using a 30mL syringe filled with bacteriostatic water and all 120 crushed pills would create a 20mg/mL solution but i doubt that would fit through...

could i possibly crush and dissolve 30 pills in the syringe and push that through... then use that same water with oxymorph in solution to dissolve and filter 30 more pills... and repeat this two more times? Opana IR are small pills so would it fit through when dissolved in a large enough amount of water like 30mL? thats just 1 pill / mL of water.

i could pre-filter with cotton but that would take forever! any ideas on a procedure i could do?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Easy. Take your syringe and stuff a cotton ball or a few in the barrel and pack it down with the plunger until you have a 1cm packed disk of cotton. Dissolve your pills in a sterilized container then dump the solution in the back of the syringe, have the micron connected, and push it through. Cotton takes care of 99% of the filtering and it alone will produce a crystal clear solution, the micron takes care of the microscopic stuff. I stopped using microns because this method on a smaller scale is so effective and I got so fast at it it took a minute or two to prep each shot. I would beat people just prepping shots of dope and I'm sure their shots were dirtier than whatever was left in mine. I've posted this method many times I don't know why more people don't do it.

How do you dump the solution in the back of the syringe? I've found it quite difficult to pour liquid in the back of a syringe, let alone a "thick" liquid of dissolved pills.

Not to mention that between the cotton and pill filler, there ain't much room left for the liquid! Maybe you can explain this technique better. I totally get the principle, but the details elude me.

How do you dump the solution in the back of the syringe? I've found it quite difficult to pour liquid in the back of a syringe, let alone a "thick" liquid of dissolved pills.

Not to mention that between the cotton and pill filler, there ain't much room left for the liquid! Maybe you can explain this technique better. I totally get the principle, but the details elude me.

Draw it up with a second large syringe and squirt it into the back, you would clog the micron damn fast without a pre filter anyway. If you don't have a second use an oral syringe you can get at any pharmacy. That much cotton may be a bit much, 5mm packed down is usually fine.

I would definitely not make a solution for 30 days since the risk of bacteria gets greater and greater especially when you are inserting so many needles into the vial even if you are sterilizing everything. Just make a solution for a week at a time. Whatever you decide to do, you don't need to push your final solution through the syringe all at once, you can do it in increments. Anyway, there will be a layer 2-5x thick as the cotton of all the pill fillers and binders that forms and will start to clog the cotton so you don't want to do too much at once. After each time unscrew the micron and stick a paperclip through to push out the packed down disks, clean, replace cotton, and repeat with more solution.

OP, you're definitely gonna need to pre-filter with packed cotton before you attempt to put that shit through the micron filter... A 0.2um micron filter will clog almost immediately if you don't.

If you're gonna be filtering 30ml of solution you're gonna want to use 25 or 33mm microns.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=8548589#post8548589

buy 20 micron filters. use 1 micron-filter-rig (syringe-micronfiter-needle) for two days. filter every single shot with it, whenever you prepare them. then throw it away and use a new filter-rig. simple as that. you don't have to filter 100 pills at once.

ive filtered with cotton packed in a syringe barrel before with great results... thanks, i didn't think about using this method in this situation... didn't cross my mind.

I guess i'll just draw up 30mL from a bacteriostatic water vile into a syringe with the pills crushed inside... after shaking and dissolving, backload this into another syringe with cotton packed into it... push this through with a micron filter attached back into the bacteriostatic water vile or into a new vile.

@oxymorphone, i know i shouldn't leave a solution sitting around in a vile for extended periods of time... but im going to use bacteriostatic water. otherwise i wouldn't even IV water sitting around for half a day. obviously the quicker the solution is used the better but im under the impression that up to 28 days is alright... if thats way too long maybe ill prepare solutions for 1 or 2 weeks.

again thanks and any more help would be great.

^^
Yeah dude, you'd be better off just prepping 1 or 2 weeks worth at the most.

ive filtered with cotton packed in a syringe barrel before with great results... thanks, i didn't think about using this method in this situation... didn't cross my mind.

I guess i'll just draw up 30mL from a bacteriostatic water vile into a syringe with the pills crushed inside... after shaking and dissolving, backload this into another syringe with cotton packed into it... push this through with a micron filter attached back into the bacteriostatic water vile or into a new vile.

@oxymorphone, i know i shouldn't leave a solution sitting around in a vile for extended periods of time... but im going to use bacteriostatic water. otherwise i wouldn't even IV water sitting around for half a day. obviously the quicker the solution is used the better but im under the impression that up to 28 days is alright... if thats way too long maybe ill prepare solutions for 1 or 2 weeks.

again thanks and any more help would be great.

There you go. 1-2 weeks would be good, I personally don't trust the tiny amount of alcohol to be that effective after it is exposed to air, pills, and whatever else and has a chance to sit but I could be wrong. Making it a weekly thing doesn't sound bad at all.

^ that's why i buy the benzyl alcohol and sterile water separately so i can make my own bacteriostatic water.. i usually make it between 1-2% benzyl alcohol instead of .9% just to be safe.. i get a 100ml vial of benzyl alcohol and only use .5ml-1ml per solution, it's so much cheaper to do it that way.

Easy. Take your syringe and stuff a cotton ball or a few in the barrel and pack it down with the plunger until you have a 1cm packed disk of cotton. Dissolve your pills in a sterilized container then dump the solution in the back of the syringe, have the micron connected, and push it through. Cotton takes care of 99% of the filtering and it alone will produce a crystal clear solution, the micron takes care of the microscopic stuff. I stopped using microns because this method on a smaller scale is so effective and I got so fast at it it took a minute or two to prep each shot. I would beat people just prepping shots of dope and I'm sure their shots were dirtier than whatever was left in mine. I've posted this method many times I don't know why more people don't do it.

I don't think that cotton removes that much of the inactive ingredients. Most inactive ingredients are smaller than 50um, or at least will range above and below 50um.

Using cotton to filter is a great first step for preparing as many pills as once, but it isn't likely going to allow you to filter 120 pills with one micron filter.

My next thought; you're going to try to make a solution of four pills to one mL? You might need to dilute your solution more, initially, and then possibly evaporate off some of the water after you have filtered.

There you go. 1-2 weeks would be good, I personally don't trust the tiny amount of alcohol to be that effective after it is exposed to air, pills, and whatever else and has a chance to sit but I could be wrong. Making it a weekly thing doesn't sound bad at all.

It's effective for up to 28 days, I don't know why you wouldn't trust it.

Last edited: