Bluelight

Thread: Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sekio View Post
    It depends on the preservatives used and whether or not sterile technique was used to prevent contamination after the fact.

I would assume 0.5% benzyl alcohol or whatever would stay good for quite a while if it was at a decent concentration and kept out of harsh conditions.
    It's 0.9% benzyl alcohol.

Very sterile technique was used. Solution was passed through a 0.22um micron filter and then injected into a sealed, sterile vial and this vial was kept at room temp.

Given these conditions, how long will the solution likely be safe for injection? Would it keep for several months?

2. Collapse Details

Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    I would be more worried about degradation of whatever you're putting in the solution. If you're super worried then I see no reason you can't just boil the solution off and re-prepare it in a month or so.

3. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    28 days is what Abbott guarantees for their 0.9% benzyl alcohol bacteriostatic water vials. I am sure if you store it in the fridge it could last longer, but there are no guarantees there.

-> Micron Filtering Mega Thread

4. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Has anyone had any first hand experience with micron filtering black tar heroin? That stuff is so nasty to IV I'd really like to hear how much micron filtering purifies the consistency?

I'd do it myself, but I'm on Bupe now.

5. Collapse Details

Anyone had any in finding and buying micro filters in England, UK? I've googled for them but only found a few on the international ebay site costing an arm and a leg as well as just one or two uk medical supply sites that are far too expensive when you have a limited budget...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bonebeater View Post
    Anyone had any in finding and buying micro filters in England, UK? I've googled for them but only found a few on the international ebay site costing an arm and a leg as well as just one or two uk medical supply sites that are far too expensive when you have a limited budget...
    Sterifilts from exchangesupplies would work nicely, although they only filter out above 5 microns.

7. Collapse Details

Great info here. A true gold mine to harm reduction.
    Last edited by johnny911; 17-02-2011 at 17:10.

8. Collapse Details

I wished with all my heart that we could just...leave this world behind. Rise like two angels in the night and magically...disappear.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny911 View Post
    Hi guys. SWIM has been injecting subutex about .5mg, 8 times a day for right around 4 years now, no breaks. SWIM has been using sterifilts for about 2.5 of those years, and they have treated him well, but he still sees white chalky residue on the table from the filtered solution spilling now and then. Not good.

The amount of starch his body has absorbed/filtered is probably obscene, although he feels no ill effects. Based on the amount of filler left on the sterifilt after mixing, he would guess the sterifilts filter out approximately 1/2 to 2/3 of the actual pill.

A few months ago he tried micron filters and decided he didn't want to use them because of the strange taste they added to the solution. He used PALL "Supor" .2 micron 25mm filters. Did anyone else here get a strange taste in the solution from the filters?

Also, he's been looking into making the switch from poland spring bottled water to one of the following substitutes: Bacteriostatic water, bacteriostatic saline (if he can find some), or just using the sterile solution from the included spray bottle of "simply saline" found in any major drugstore chain.

He's willing to drop some coin and get this right. Advice for SWIM?
    I'm not familiar with the Pall brand. Maybe someone else can fill you in about them?

I also have no idea how to explain what you are tasting either. I suspect that you should be fine to use it, as long as the micron filter hasn't been compromised at all.

Also - we don't use "SWIM" at Bluelight, please check out the links in my signature. There's also no need to bump a thread, just let us get around to answering when we have time.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by daddysgone View Post
    It's 0.9% benzyl alcohol.

Very sterile technique was used. Solution was passed through a 0.22um micron filter and then injected into a sealed, sterile vial and this vial was kept at room temp.

Given these conditions, how long will the solution likely be safe for injection? Would it keep for several months?
    Although I have yet to actually try it, one idea I've had to limit both the chemical degradation and biological contamination of a solution prepared for multiple injections would be to freeze it. I figure by setting the vial, less than half full, on its side to freeze maybe the expansion won't crack the glass. This is for substances that dissolve easily and completely, and can be easily redissolved if necessary after the thaw.

BTW, did it turn out to be safe?

10. Collapse Details

In Your Nightmares. Taking Your Bull By The Horns
    i buy my benzyl alc separately so i can make my solutions as potent as i want with it, usually 1-2% but im sure if you used a higher percentage, (that is not dangerous,of course) you could keep in the freezer without it freezing. I'm not sure if that is what the post above me is getting at or what, but im sure putting 1ml in a 50ml solution instead of .5ml wouldn't kill you but *would* or *should* maybe* lol keep from freezing.. i will perform a test after my kids go home tomorrow, if i forget.. someone just remind me. Than again thinking about it.. i would be using just water and benzyl alc.. no drugs. So it might yield different results.
    Last edited by HdoubleODeezy; 20-02-2011 at 05:55.

11. Collapse Details
    micron filtering 
    I am exploring different options re filtering, such as increase micron size to .45 and I also found these on Amazon which I have yet to try out, but given I am working with d-amp and there is so much filler, the .22 filters just didn't work for me....this available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMYDRY
    a 5 ML .45 micron filter syringe, with uses the same principle of the luer lock and screw on filters, but I hope will be more effective.
    I will update this thread re results. I am also looking at a stericup set up with a hand vacuum as another alternative...

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ronjondoe View Post
    I am exploring different options re filtering, such as increase micron size to .45 and I also found these on Amazon which I have yet to try out, but given I am working with d-amp and there is so much filler, the .22 filters just didn't work for me....this available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FMYDRY
    a 5 ML .45 micron filter syringe, with uses the same principle of the luer lock and screw on filters, but I hope will be more effective.
    I will update this thread re results. I am also looking at a stericup set up with a hand vacuum as another alternative...
    Yeah I would strongly recommend a larger pore size if 0.22um by itself isn't cutting it.

The 0.22um filters without a pre-filter built in are probably going to be less effective than the Whatman brand with a pre-filter built in.

They do make 5um, 1um, 0.8um, 0.45um, and 0.22um (as well as 0.1um for the Pall brand) so I would look into the brand of tablets you have, then check the Inactive Ingredients A to Z thread, this will help you figure out the inactive ingredients and their particle sizes.

13. Collapse Details

amanitadine,
    This is the way I have used suboxone for a long time now...months maybe total of a couple years on and off. (Iv'd some and would prefer this, but veins are shot from years ago) I have had NO adverse effects to date and it's very effective and painless. I used Subutex for 3 months as it was all I could find and could not tell any difference. Hope this helps! Use BS sterile water 90% of the time too. I have had to use boiled distilled water a few times and it's worked but I was concerned about the safety. Tap water hurts the muscle like crap, no telling whats in it. Dont use it!! -Jaz

14. Collapse Details
    Micron Filtering Suboxone Film Strips 
    Needle
    Here's the results and pictures of me micron filtering some Suboxone film strips. In the guide I created, there are 6 steps. The first three pictures are of step 3, and the last is of step 6.
    NSFW:

The results of micron filtering three 8mg Suboxone film strips with a 0.22um Whatman brand PVDF micron filter with GF pre-filter.

It seemed to take ever-so-slightly longer to dissolve in water than the pills. The main difference aside of this was that the strips stuck to the plunger. They eventually detached as they absorbed fully. You can see in the third image that the film strip is doing this because we had it upside down (in the picture it's being held horizontally; I rotated this image to the right 50 so you could see it better), and in this last picture, you can see how much clearer the micron filtered solution is, at an equi-potent concentration compared to a pictures of a vial of Suboxone tablets.

Despite this, the micron filter was just about to clog right as I finished micron filtering just three strips. I don't exactly know why as of right now, but because of whatever concentration of inactive ingredients in the strips, they seem to be no better at being filtered the tablets.

I assume that cotton filtering could help, since I do not cotton filter when micron filtering. When I cotton filtered Suboxone tablets, and cotton filtered, I have gotten as many as 6 to 7 tablets to fit across the one filter (I haven't done this recently and cannot guarantee this is the truth). As I have not cotton filtered and then micron filtered the strips, I cannot tell how many will be able to fit past one filter as of right now - but without cotton filtering first, the answer is three 8mg strips.

My conclusions:

I would not inject a Suboxone film strip without a micron filter.
    Micron filtering Suboxone film strips works very well. I believe they (R&B) realized what a colossal failure the Suboxone tablet was in terms of junkies actually believing the lies they perpetrated about Suboxone tablets causing withdrawal being injected (whereas other doctors who told the lie suggested any route of administration other than sublingual would cause withdrawal), so they decided to at least make a formulation that could be filtered slightly better.

I haven't done a full in-depth conclusive examination of the Suboxone film strip to make sure it's safe. The solution appears to be *ever so slightly* colored, whereas there is no question the Suboxone tablet micron filtered solution pictured in the first post of this thread is obviously colored orange to a large degree. However, my gut instincts about what little research I have done is that it should be safe if, and only if, you use a micron filter.

And finally, yes, I have tried this solution out, and the effects are identical to tablets. I am happier with the strips as I do micron filter.

15. Collapse Details

I was able to fit 8 strips through a filter without a cotton, but with huge resistance once I got to the bottom. It didn't break but I felt like it was about to. I also noticed a ton of stuff left in the filter, and felt mixed emotions about it. On one hand, it was good to know that I was keeping all that leftover nonsense out of my veins, but on the other hand, I felt like filtering that many at once caused a lot of product to go to waste.

And you are certainly right, it takes a mighty vigorous shaking to get it all mixed up, especially with it sticking to the plunger and the sides

16. Collapse Details
    Want to know if i used a micron filter right 
    So, i had some brown pellets that were either morphine or heroin, but that doesn't really matter. I would crush up into fine powder and pour the powder into a 3ml syringe, then i would draw about 1-2ml of water depending on amount of powder. I then would let the mixture dissolve for a few minutes. Shook it up every now and when it seemed liked nothing more was dissolving I attached the filter. It was very easy to push the liquid through, but seemed like i could pull back on plunger and push more liquid through, so i did this until no more liquid was coming out. I then used a new 3ml 27g rig to draw the solution out of the spoon. Some was hard to get out so just made tiny cotton filter and drew what i couldn't get with just the needle. The finished product looked fairly clear, a little brown. I attached a 30g needle to syringe and hit perfect and it felt great. I used one filter all day probably 5 or 6 times total and it never got hard to push the stuff through. The next day i did start with a new filter, so was wondering how many uses can you get with one of these? And if that was the right way to use the micron filters?

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bnghit3 View Post
    So, i had some brown pellets that were either morphine or heroin, but that doesn't really matter. I would crush up into fine powder and pour the powder into a 3ml syringe, then i would draw about 1-2ml of water depending on amount of powder. I then would let the mixture dissolve for a few minutes. Shook it up every now and when it seemed liked nothing more was dissolving I attached the filter. It was very easy to push the liquid through, but seemed like i could pull back on plunger and push more liquid through, so i did this until no more liquid was coming out. I then used a new 3ml 27g rig to draw the solution out of the spoon. Some was hard to get out so just made tiny cotton filter and drew what i couldn't get with just the needle. The finished product looked fairly clear, a little brown. I attached a 30g needle to syringe and hit perfect and it felt great. I used one filter all day probably 5 or 6 times total and it never got hard to push the stuff through. The next day i did start with a new filter, so was wondering how many uses can you get with one of these? And if that was the right way to use the micron filters?
    How many uses you can get out of one depends on what you're filtering, and what specific filter you choose to use.

There's a thread with people inputting this very information - however there aren't a lot of volunteered responses yet.

It seems like you are filtering correctly - I didn't read over your post very carefully though. Are you following the same steps I am? You don't have to filter directly into a vial like I do.

It sounds like it's doing the job right. A 0.22um layer may not remove all coloring - as my Suboxone solution is slightly orange, and your morphine solution is still slightly brown.

I would say I believe you are doing it correctly.

18. Collapse Details

so, pretty much as long as the liquid is coming out easy they should be good. I remember using a different brand filter on some morphine IRs full off bs talc and what not. I remember it was very hard to get anything through the filter, I had to push super hard. With these dope/morphine pellets the filter really never got clogged, but i could see the garbage it was filtering out in the wheel. I will never shoot again with out these, the high was better than a cotton filter and it just seemed so much cleaner.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bnghit3 View Post
    so, pretty much as long as the liquid is coming out easy they should be good. I remember using a different brand filter on some morphine IRs full off bs talc and what not. I remember it was very hard to get anything through the filter, I had to push super hard. With these dope/morphine pellets the filter really never got clogged, but i could see the garbage it was filtering out in the wheel. I will never shoot again with out these, the high was better than a cotton filter and it just seemed so much cleaner.
    The high is better. That's because the cotton filter will filter out some of the active ingredients; so using a micron filter is going to be worth it.

20. Collapse Details

I used the .45 mic filters after filtering 40 mg d-amp through panty hose, then drawing through cotton using a a 5 cc syringe. I then loaded that into a 3 cc luer lock syringe with filter attached and very positive filtration of all liquid, with no clogging of the filter. A lot of trouble but if I were to take the time to prep a weeks worth of product, then probably reasonable...

yeah, those filter syringes from amazon, which look similar to the sterifilt, did not work to my expectations, so I personally am sticking with the multi level filtration, using panty hose for bulk filtration, cotton for mid level filtration and the .45 mic filter for final...
    the final product is such a pretty, yellow-gold, crystal-clear liquid....very enticing!

mod note: please just edit your post instead of posting again if you want to add something thanks.
    Last edited by amapola; 07-04-2011 at 23:40.

21. Collapse Details

I am glad to hear that micron filtering worked well for you!

If you don't mind answering, what kind of pills are you using? This information might help others who may attempt this later down the line.

22. Collapse Details
    Status update from my world - promise to provide scientific filtering reports ASAP 
    I am having huge successes with filtering (both insoluble pill material and bacteria), to make multi-day solutions stored in periodically-externally-sterilized syringes and dosing/disposing needles (usually make for 3-6 shots or so at a time).

Shooting these days is going extremely well. I can even hit a vein on a cold morning where there is barely a vein visible i.e. I don't like torniquets, a hassle and unnecessary... mostly been using cephalic and brachial vein at elbow -> upper arm, some shots in accessory cephalics along the lower arm, but near the elbow...
    ...I have healing rates ranging from 3-5 days at shot site depending on shot success rate - I'd say I have a 50% success rate, both in terms of eliminating bacteria, and unwanted solubles) and this is after about 20 shots or so, starting with 3 which I thought would be the only three...
    ...but I could not let my imperfections at shooting at the time be a hindrance in my future ventures, so I kept going - I plan to need the medical proficiency later on in life, when I am on expeditions in the middle of bum-fuck lang (i.e. at least a couple of days helicopter and airplane rides before sufficient medical attention is available - which is not too seldom I am in such a situation).

It's the methology, medical and the physiotherapeutic applications that have me intrigued, and of course it helps when there in morphine or burprenorphine in the syringe. I've been pierced, still have some, had tattoos done, so the needle part of it is already satisfied other places, and I know I have alternatives for when the IV'ing is over - have a couple tats that need working anyways, and money is slowly getting back to basics after going into ORT and receiving free Bupe, so tats and travel should soon be an option again)

Anyways, I plan to experiment until I am a few weeks prior to tapering off Bupe (within a 6 week period from now - have been stabilizing recently, and was according to plan A supposed to be clean now), and also abstain from IV'ing during periods of multi-day social/work gatherings, doubling the sublingual dose at those times, and then just getting more bupe from the clinic if necessary...
    ...that's the problem with starting IV'ing bupe, you up your threshold, and the sublingual and rectal routes just seem inferior afterwards, and the dose needed with such ROA equivalent to the dose og IV is at least double if not triple (however adjustable, due to the supposed prolonged effect that comes about sublingual use (I think this is due to the slower uptake, thus slower peak, thus slower trough, thus slower onset of hell symptoms - although I experience only the mildest nowadays, when I don't get my fix)... so I think I'm in for a little adjustment of dispensation at the clinic with the next doc meet (tuesday)...

I am working on a document, about filtering multi-shot solutions for bacteria (.2 μm using pills that are non-sterile, from the hands of a street-junkie or likewise), and also filtering for undesired additives and binders (using a 0.45 μm filter for pills that are directly from the blister pack - i.e. sterile. All of my filtering goes on at home, always best to go about your gear in your own clean place/home. So report soon to come with Hypethesis -> Gear -> Methods -> Results -> Conclusions.

23. Collapse Details

^Quick update here... all going well with filtering and shooting, never using a tourniquet. No real reason for me to come with a report on filtering method is there? Captain.Heroin has it covered in the first post. But needless to say, hit me up if you want to know what gear and method I used, because I have kept a record. So far I seem to have no adverse effects, unless I miss a vein of course. But otherwise healing is within 1-3 days, depending on area and vein; sometimes I can't even tell whether I shot there or not, even though I know I did at some point recently. Some fuck-ups have left week long, slowly disappearing subcutaneous bruising. That was also related to my stubbornness in terms of having to try the heroin IV rush compared to the Morphine HCl rush, which I finally, after so many fuck-ups and so many late-night street gips, got and admired then disadmired. The fun part only lasted half an hour for me, therefore, I shall not shoot heroin again. And regardless of all the crap, in the end it was good brown dope, bitter taste as in the good dope bitter. Besides, I'm at 1 mg buprenorphine/day and jumping soon, so I would be an idiot to go back in the loop. And snorting dope seems to be a much better ROA for me anyways. But NO DOPE OR BENZOS! JUST BUPE and some good weed Also keeping special medical attention to my IV'ing spots and habits, and making notes for myself, so I don't end up in a bad loop with that, and can manage to jump off and come clean in May as planned without having to inject salty water for the needle part of it. Although I do have an alternative, faster taper plan that I might try follow on my own, and see where that lands me, would be cool to come down and off sooner. But all good here, one day at a time.

24. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Question. If one were to dissolve some coke in water and then pass it through a .22um micron filter, would the majority of the cuts be filtered out? I'm assuming most of the common cuts are larger than .22um.

Or would the cuts that are soluble in water simply pass through the filter along with the cocaine?

I'm just curious because I hate coke it makes me so anxious and heart pounding with palpitations and introverted... the damn cuts are so terrible. There have only been a few times years ago where I got coke that wasn't stepped on with any major active cuts... and the feeling is incredible.

I want to perform an acetone wash soon, although I am curious about using micron filters because it would be so simple... I could just drip the solution into my nose or IV... without taking time to perform an acetone wash.

Thanks.
    Last edited by etard7007; 15-04-2011 at 00:20.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by etard7007 View Post
    Question. If one were to dissolve some coke in water and then pass it through a .22um micron filter, would the majority of the cuts be filtered out? I'm assuming most of the common cuts are larger than .22um.

Or would the cuts that are soluble in water simply pass through the filter along with the cocaine?

I'm just curious because I hate coke it makes me so anxious and heart pounding with palpitations and introverted... the damn cuts are so terrible. There have only been a few times years ago where I got coke that wasn't stepped on with any major active cuts... and the feeling is incredible.

I want to perform an acetone wash soon, although I am curious about using micron filters because it would be so simple... I could just drip the solution into my nose or IV... without taking time to perform an acetone wash.

Thanks.
    Just make sure the inactives fully dissolve into the water as they would naturally; this way even corn starch will swell above the 0.22um pore size.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast