• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Shoolamet - Do you have a friend who can safely accept your package for you, then hand it off to you?

I understand why you are reluctant to purchase them, and I also agree that spending the money on a P.O. box isn't the easiest thing to be able to afford when you are barely getting by.

Hopefully a friend can help you out who lives close by?

I can't believe I didn't even think of that, I am such a moron. Excellent suggestion lol. Thanks!

Ok....

#1. I am a girl... not a "dude"

#2. My mother knows I have purchased drugs online and therefore would likely open my mail if it's a package regardless of me threatening to take her to court for this (her house... her rules, so she would say if I have that much of a problem with it then I should just move out... which I cannot afford to do, by the way, due to my severe drug addiction. I did have my own place, but drugs came before the rent... and well you know how that goes.)
Oh, and I have no problem discussing sex with my mother, but she does have a slight issue with me being an active drug addict, as I am sure most parents would.

#3. I don't sit around my house all day with my thumb up my asshole, so sitting around just waiting for a package to arrive would be a little inconvenient sometimes.

#4. I never said "I cannot afford micron filters," I said I don't want my mom to get the package before myself and then she opens it and asks what I need needle filters for, although I am pretty sure she would know the answer to that question.
(Oh, and cap h, a PO Box is something I cannot afford at the moment.)

#5. I never once said that I am hoping the needle will stop particles... I am aware of the many risks that come along with IVing pills without a micron filter, which is why I posted my question to begin with. If I really expected the needle to do the job of filtering I would have never had any concerns worth posting.

#6. "Take care of your life, you only got one."
Dude, I am a dope head... life ain't so fucking grand for me like it is for you at the moment, so some particles in my veins are the fucking least of my worries right now.

In between your snide remarks, you made some worthwhile points, so please lose your snotty attitude. Thanks.

I didn't speak to you. I spoke to IV folks in general. The first few sentences were for you, the rest was meant "in general".

Being a "dopehead" just means that you need opiates to be able to live your life and feel well. Nothing bad about it. Sure, the surcumstences of being a junkie are horrible, as the environment behaves like an enemy and wants to put you in jail. But besides that, being on H is not that hard, if you have enough money and H.

A few particles in your bloodstream ARE a BIG problem. They could kill you instantly. One fucking small particle could cause a heart attack. You could die in less than one minute. Nobody could help you. You'd possibly die with the needle still in your vein. I don't say that this is going to happen, I just said that it could happen if you don't filter properly. I also didn't say that you don't filter properly. I just said that it could happen if you didn't filter properly. ;)

coffee filters ARE basically micron filters. they may not go down to 1 micron or whatever but they get the job done. no need to waste money and freak out if you dont have a micron filter. i mean who the hell actually uses these things?

a true junkie doesnt even have a credit card to order them from the internet.

I use them. :)

I can't believe I didn't even think of that, I am such a moron. Excellent suggestion lol. Thanks!

No problem!

I like to think of these things.

Anyone know when Gpz will be getting filters ? Or know where to get filters? I am stuck re-using filters, which I use to do years ago before I realized how stupid it was.... now I know better and just cant locate any to purchase. Thanks Jaz

CH, i know you use them. problem is, you are the ONLY one that uses them. out of the thousands of posts ive read per filtering ive heard of many 2 other people that use them. so, instead of suggesting people use them when we know in reality most are not going to spend ANY money on anything besides dope/pills....may as well give em the next best/safest thing.

COFFEE FILTERS 4 LIFE

CH, i know you use them. problem is, you are the ONLY one that uses them. out of the thousands of posts ive read per filtering ive heard of many 2 other people that use them. so, instead of suggesting people use them when we know in reality most are not going to spend ANY money on anything besides dope/pills....may as well give em the next best/safest thing.

COFFEE FILTERS 4 LIFE

Even when micron filtering, it is a good idea to pre-filter with cotton/coffee filters in order to prevent the micron filtering from clogging.

It's just that I think if you can source street drugs/scheduled drugs without a legal prescription, it's even easier to buy micron filters. If you choose not to, so that you can have more money to buy more drugs, I'm not judging you at all. It's just that I think people should re-consider, especially if they are injecting pills.

Even when micron filtering, it is a good idea to pre-filter with cotton/coffee filters in order to prevent the micron filtering from clogging.

It's just that I think if you can source street drugs/scheduled drugs without a legal prescription, it's even easier to buy micron filters. If you choose not to, so that you can have more money to buy more drugs, I'm not judging you at all. It's just that I think people should re-consider, especially if they are injecting pills.

Exactly....I agree with homey that pretty much most drug addicts arent going to bother getting a micron filter...but I still think it is worth the effort for people like Captain.Heroin to constantly remind people how much safer it is to use a micron filter and the risks you are taking if you choose not to, especially if you inject pills. I think its honorable for someone to constantly repeat the same basic statement about a harm reducing product, even though most people wont listen......if he gets through to even one drug addict who IV's pills, and that drug addict goes out and buys a micron filter, its worth it. Peoples lives are most definitely worth it.

Exactly....I agree with homey that pretty much most drug addicts arent going to bother getting a micron filter...but I still think it is worth the effort for people like Captain.Heroin to constantly remind people how much safer it is to use a micron filter and the risks you are taking if you choose not to, especially if you inject pills. I think its honorable for someone to constantly repeat the same basic statement about a harm reducing product, even though most people wont listen......if he gets through to even one drug addict who IV's pills, and that drug addict goes out and buys a micron filter, its worth it. Peoples lives are most definitely worth it.

I agree, I think that the drug users are not to blame in this, but that the government is (mostly state governments). Not all US states have needle exchanges.

Australia is a lot more ideal place for injecting drug users, as Australia has many more needle exchanges and they are more evenly distributed across the country. Also, at least some needle exchanges in Australia have micron filters available (for sale, but they don't cost as much as in the US).

Even in New Zealand, at least the needle exchanges have needles that are subsidized in price. This is a much better approach than what the United States has currently done.

I think the best possible scenario in the Untied States would be at least one needle exchange in every state (one is a drop in the bucket, but considering very large states have zero, it would be a giant step in the right direction), and every needle exchange needs to at least have micron filters for sale (ideally subsidized).

Gpz has taken the filters off their website: First BS water, now filters. It apprears they are not going to be selling them anymore. Where do you buy them?

coffee filters ARE basically micron filters. they may not go down to 1 micron or whatever but they get the job done. no need to waste money and freak out if you dont have a micron filter. i mean who the hell actually uses these things?

a true junkie doesnt even have a credit card to order them from the internet.

I'm a pretty hardcore junkie and have been for over ten years and I've been using them for pills (Dilaudid & OC's) for about 5 years or so.

I'm a pretty hardcore junkie and have been for over ten years and I've been using them for pills (Dilaudid & OC's) for about 5 years or so.

If you don't mind me asking, since you are from Canada, do you get them online or do you get them from a needle exchange?

If you don't mind me asking, since you are from Canada, do you get them online or do you get them from a needle exchange?

Well CH, I actually order them by phone. A package of 75 costs about $180 tax included. The needle exchanges here don't give out nothing but dental cottons for filters.

Pall Acrodisc Supor (PES) 0.2 µm, 13 mm Sterile 75/pkg. Part#4602
www.vwrcanlab.com/catalog/product/index.cgi?catalog_number=CA28143-309&inE=1&highlight=CA28143-309

VWR International Ltd. (Canada)
www.vwrcanlab.com

Customer Service:
1-800-932-5000

Mississauga location:
1-877-897-6377

This is the model of filter that I use and I highly recommend them. They are of very high quality and are availible in 25mm & 32mm as well.

That is really awesome! It's a better price than what I pay for them.

What's even cooler is that there is also a 0.1 um pore size. I also get the vibe that the site will ship/sell to citizens of the United States as well, but I am not sure.

If I had extra money (I don't :|) I would pick up some of the 0.1 um filters.

I don't see why shipping to the US would be an issue CH, just call and ask.

I really like the Pall brand filters, I prefer them to the Millipore & Whatman filters.

I don't see why shipping to the US would be an issue CH, just call and ask.

I really like the Pall brand filters, I prefer them to the Millipore & Whatman filters.

That's awesome, I'll have to try them some time.

I just bought more Whatman filters, so I'm out of $, but I would buy some Pall brand ones to try them out. :)

Say for a one time use, I want to use sub as prescribed, but for one time would I be in great danger skipping the micron filter. Could I just crush an 8mg sub, draw it up, and inject it without too much fear of harm.

Say for a one time use, I want to use sub as prescribed, but for one time would I be in great danger skipping the micron filter. Could I just crush an 8mg sub, draw it up, and inject it without too much fear of harm.

8mg is entirely too much to use in a single shot. The effects don't last as long with the IV route, so it would be better to inject 1mg if you are going to do this at all.

I can't speak on the relative harm of not micron filtering, other than I know that it can be done. If you don't miss your shot there isn't any immediate danger. It's still not a wise thing to do but people have done it in the past.

If you aren't going to use a micron filter, at least use a cotton filter.

Thanks, I appreciate. Also, I use subs to detox from heroin, and I usually do like 8,8,4,4,2,0 for each successive day from last shot of H. If I tried subs iv, it shouldn't mess up total step down; as long as, I did same mg per day stepped into smaller 1mg shots. That makes sense right.

One more quick question, if I filtered with a coffee filter, what would the process be? What I plan so far is, to crush it up and soak it in water; then, draw it up through a cotton. Then, I'm going to spray it out of the needle into a spoon through a coffee filter; then, redraw through a cotton. I only want to try it once and don't plan on continuing. If it's good though, I will definitely look into aquiring the filters and other products.