• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Micron Filtering Mega Thread and FAQ

Good post ,answered all my questions ..cool...good job captain H
Thank you! I plan on making notes in an additional post about the specific pills I have used and how many I feasibly can fit through a single filter, as I think this information would be a good first place for people to see what they can get outta their pills, which ones are the best, etc.

Once again, thank you for the feedback! Any other ideas/comments are welcome.

I mentioned before that in Melbourne i can get micron filters for $1 each and have made good relations with the people who work at this NSP... they're fascinated to learn about methods and patterns of drug use and abuse. Guy said he'd try and organise a bulk of 22um filters on my behalf next time they order stock. everything else there is free!

Luer lock needle tips, 1,3 and 5ml barrels, swabs are all free and they give you as many as you ask for.

they sell sterile water in some 5ml plastic vials things for 50c but they dont sell bacteriostatic water by itself or pure benzyl alcohol.

there's half a dozen or more NSP in and around Melbourne. i was going to inquire about benzyl alcohol on monday.

it's a shame it is how it is in America, the gov don't seem to deem it a priority from what i understand. i once read that it had been know that people were resealing used syringes and selling them off as fresh fits. that was in NYC and i was told that syringes were very expensive from chemists at the time... anyone IV user from NYC here? lol

CH do you still pay $5 for micron filters? what about needles and barrels? i should swap you a bulk of them in return for some benzyl;) hehe if none of the other NSP places supply it then that would probably mean i wouldn't get it anywhere except online. CH is that link on the 1st page still the best place to buy benzyl? thanks

I mentioned before that in Melbourne i can get micron filters for $1 each and have made good relations with the people who work at this NSP... they're fascinated to learn about methods and patterns of drug use and abuse. Guy said he'd try and organise a bulk of 22um filters on my behalf next time they order stock. everything else there is free!

Luer lock needle tips, 1,3 and 5ml barrels, swabs are all free and they give you as many as you ask for.

they sell sterile water in some 5ml plastic vials things for 50c but they dont sell bacteriostatic water by itself or pure benzyl alcohol.

there's half a dozen or more NSP in and around Melbourne. i was going to inquire about benzyl alcohol on monday.

it's a shame it is how it is in America, the gov don't seem to deem it a priority from what i understand. i once read that it had been know that people were resealing used syringes and selling them off as fresh fits. that was in NYC and i was told that syringes were very expensive from chemists at the time... anyone IV user from NYC here? lol

CH do you still pay $5 for micron filters? what about needles and barrels? i should swap you a bulk of them in return for some benzyl;) hehe if none of the other NSP places supply it then that would probably mean i wouldn't get it anywhere except online. CH is that link on the 1st page still the best place to buy benzyl? thanks

I don't pay $5 per filter anymore but I do buy 50 at a time and it's still not $1 each, lol. Too bad I don't live in Australia.

I also don't get just benzyl alcohol, I only get bacteriostatic water with benzyl alcohol at 0.9%.

I also have 22g needle tips and 25cc and 3cc luer lock syringes.

Here's the page for buying benzyl alcohol: http://www.researchsupply.net/solvents_etc.html

The bacteriostatic water link is on the first post.

Ha they ship to australia!
Next Day Air shipments are delivered on Business Days only. Example: Orders placed after 3:30 on a Thursday will ship Friday and be received on Monday.

Mountainside Medical currently ships to the United States, Canada, and Austrailia. We hope to add more countries in the near future. Please contact us if you have any questions.
lol they spelt Australia wrong

thats awesome. i guess you'd only need to store bacteriostatic water in a fridge with a prepared solution of a drug in a vial. the best part is they make a great vial apparently.

I want to try IV Suboxone to successfully WD when needed and also use it to force myself to make the oxycodone script last a month.

All i need to do is order this water, go to the NSP and acquire regular suboxone. what dose would you suggest CH? my current dose is 60mg of oxy and 400mg of tramadol do you think .5mg 4x for a day or 2 at a time hold me?do u bother with trams on subs?

I was curious about where our government gets the micron filters for our NSP's. as i said they sell them for $1. i tracked down the supplier '.millipore.com' I've only been aware of these types of micron filters at NSPs here as they always come in 3 colour coded sizes, the colour indicates which membrane is inside.. this link http://www.millipore.com/catalogue/item/SLGS033SB is a catalogue for the exact MF i use. I had to sign up to see the Qty/Pk : 250
Price : $ 872.00 so thats $3.50 each + shipping. I'm not sure how exactly the funding works. From my understanding so far i think the whole cost is covered by the government but ensures the NSP's charge a small fee as a part of their overall funding they receive.

i've inquired about the possibility of buying in bulk at a discount from an NSP, will know the next time i go in. if not then i can still buy as many as i want for a dollar.

I'm in day 2 of a suboxone experiment where i'll be injecting .5mg 4x a day for 5 days. the suboxone in australia has no colouring and filters completely clear. the syringe in the pic on the left contains 2mg of suboxone in 2.5ml of sterile waters. I have to make a solution each day as i dont have any bacteriostatic waters

apperatus007-1.jpg
nknnkknmkmlk008.jpg

Does anyone know if the WHATMAN GD/X SYRINGE FILTER 0.2 µm are as good as the 0.2 µm PVDF Micron Filters?

I was curious about where our government gets the micron filters for our NSP's. as i said they sell them for $1. i tracked down the supplier '.millipore.com' I've only been aware of these types of micron filters at NSPs here as they always come in 3 colour coded sizes, the colour indicates which membrane is inside.. this link http://www.millipore.com/catalogue/item/SLGS033SB is a catalogue for the exact MF i use. I had to sign up to see the Qty/Pk : 250
Price : $ 872.00 so thats $3.50 each + shipping. I'm not sure how exactly the funding works. From my understanding so far i think the whole cost is covered by the government but ensures the NSP's charge a small fee as a part of their overall funding they receive.

i've inquired about the possibility of buying in bulk at a discount from an NSP, will know the next time i go in. if not then i can still buy as many as i want for a dollar.

I'm in day 2 of a suboxone experiment where i'll be injecting .5mg 4x a day for 5 days. the suboxone in australia has no colouring and filters completely clear. the syringe in the pic on the left contains 2mg of suboxone in 2.5ml of sterile waters. I have to make a solution each day as i dont have any bacteriostatic waters

apperatus007-1.jpg
nknnkknmkmlk008.jpg

HOLY FUCK, white suboxone???

Am I seeing that right?

What???? That sure looks like white suboxone. Sublimit please tell us who makes white sub tabs? Are they generic?

Need help here PLEASE... GPZ is COMPLETELY out of ALL micron filters except for these funny looking Whatman yellow Syringe Filters.
INFO:http://www.gpzservices.com/items/products/filtration/-br-syringe-filters/list.htm
Millipore, .20u, Sterile.
$4.00
Millipore 33 MM, PVDF Membrane, .20u pore size, sterile syringe filter.
Luer Lock.

8o

I ordered one of these filters by mistake a while back and it was crap IMHO. --Where can I buy the good ones? -Thanks so much-Jaz

I have an odd filter. The letters on the top of it say whatman 0.2 NYL w/GMF. Does anyone know what that stands for? All my other filters say others say whatman 0.2NM PVDT w/GMF. Yesterday I was filtering an 8mg sub and the entire pill seemed to get stuck in the filter. The filter was brand new, and yes I waiting 30-40 minutes to be sure it was dissolved and no I did not pre-filter it with cotton or anything.
I only put about 3 cc's of BS water with the pill when with the initial filter through. Later I ran a little more water thru and finally the "orange" seemed to start breaking down and coming on into my vial. Since I am out of BS water.. $#%! (STupid, I know!) I will have to wait to "rinse' it some more when my shipment comes in.
Those of you with more knowledge of whatman filters please chime in and tell me if and what the difference is with this NYL wGMT filer please. Thanks-Jaz

**mod edit**
I merged your 3 posts together. Instead of double posting, next time just click the "EDIT" button and add what you need to. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nylon filter, and it's a shame that it didn't work right for you.

Researchsupply has micron filters, they are just not "sterile" (meaning sealed in its own package). These are the ones I get (the "non-sterile" kind).

Yeah i was surprised as hell when i opened the wrapper, and i was worried about the orange colouring lol. I don't know why they are white here. and i was luck enough to find a source, but i assume they get it from a chemist as a takeaway dose of suboxone. with the .22 wheel filters i can filter 6mg in 3ml of water and have crystal-clear water with a slight blue hue to it.

I actually went to the NSP near the city yesterday... this is the place that sell micron's for 1$. the other one closer to my house sells them for $1.40 and i was told that they were going to consider selling them for $1.40. the good news was that i asked if i could buy in bulk and i made an arrangement with the girl there to buy 2 boxes of 50 for $50 when they get more stock in 3 weeks. by the sounds of it i could get 6 or 7 boxes if i gave notice and fronted the cash. I wish i had a thousand bucks to spend on wheel filters!

I also found out that the government doesn't pay a cent and the NSP's are the ones subsidizing. the link i posted earlier about the millipour filters are meant to be $3.60 US(out of 250pack) each, but the girl at the NSP said they lose out $3.50 a filter.

Don't know if it's against the rules, but i was thinking about the possibility of providing a small service publicly via e-bay with the focus being on harm reduction. I know i have to keep it small and not focus on making profit margins. I have no experience with business on-line, but i want to give it a shot and see if i can provide a cheap alternative to some. again i hope this talk is allowed. just want suggestions is all

Yeah i was surprised as hell when i opened the wrapper, and i was worried about the orange colouring lol. I don't know why they are white here. and i was luck enough to find a source, but i assume they get it from a chemist as a takeaway dose of suboxone. with the .22 wheel filters i can filter 6mg in 3ml of water and have crystal-clear water with a slight blue hue to it.
Whoa, a slight blue hue?

Well, I mean I diluted my one Subutex pill a lot more, that may explain for the coloring, it's never been blue for me though. The water could have that color though...hm.

That's totally awesome though, white Suboxone. I was under the impression Suboxone was orange around the world, guess I am wrong.

I actually went to the NSP near the city yesterday... this is the place that sell micron's for 1$. the other one closer to my house sells them for $1.40 and i was told that they were going to consider selling them for $1.40. the good news was that i asked if i could buy in bulk and i made an arrangement with the girl there to buy 2 boxes of 50 for $50 when they get more stock in 3 weeks. by the sounds of it i could get 6 or 7 boxes if i gave notice and fronted the cash. I wish i had a thousand bucks to spend on wheel filters!
Is this AUS $1? I am not sure how AUS $ compares to US $.

Don't know if it's against the rules, but i was thinking about the possibility of providing a small service publicly via e-bay with the focus being on harm reduction. I know i have to keep it small and not focus on making profit margins. I have no experience with business on-line, but i want to give it a shot and see if i can provide a cheap alternative to some. again i hope this talk is allowed. just want suggestions is all
Go for it man! Australia could use your services. I am not sure how international shipping works though, you definitely want to look into that before accepting customers outside of your country.

There aren't enough people/places selling HR supplies, and the more we can get that are accredited Bluelighters, the better.
14.gif

Thanks... for sure the nylon one were horrible for suboxone. At this rate I am spending all my time looking for filters, fortunately I found some today. Geesh.. trying to stay healthy is getting harder. This guy on ebay told me he had filters that were non-sterile but that I could sterilize them in an autoclave (like I just happen to have one of those around here)... or an oven. Wouldn't they melt, they are plastic, right??? Why are these filters getting so scare? Anyone else having the same trouble?

I would actually prefilter the solution with cotton (forcing the solution through a 5cc syringe packed with cotton up to 1-2cc). Then this filtered solution I would run through the micron. This way, the micron filters are much less likely to clog.

I do this as well because I found the filter just clogging far to often when I was not pre-filtering. This way I get the most use of the microfilter as the normal cotton removes most of the really large particles and the micro removes everything else. Also, why are the nylon filters bad for suboxone, just because they are more likely to clog, or is there something else? Last, how did you even know those were nylon, I did not read that anywhere in the description?

Also, instead of using Bacteriostatic Water, you can always just add the benzoyl alcohol to the sterile water yourself and save a decent chunk of change. So if for example you are using 100ml of water you would add roughly 1ml of bacteriostatic water. Bacsteriostatic water is just sterile water with .9 benzoyl alcohol so you can make it very cheaply if you don't want to keep paying $5 per vial. I have seen sights that offer it for $3.50 and for me, it is worth the price not to mess with it, but for the super thrifty you can do it yourself.

Also, this is such a great thread, I have started micorfiletering all my pills and though I never had a problem in the past when I was not, this is so much safer, and so much easier on your veins, that the small amount of time is insignificant compared to the benefits conveyed. Thank you for such an excellent post.

Last edited:
Thanks... for sure the nylon one were horrible for suboxone. At this rate I am spending all my time looking for filters, fortunately I found some today. Geesh.. trying to stay healthy is getting harder. This guy on ebay told me he had filters that were non-sterile but that I could sterilize them in an autoclave (like I just happen to have one of those around here)... or an oven. Wouldn't they melt, they are plastic, right??? Why are these filters getting so scare? Anyone else having the same trouble?

I just sterilize the male end of mine with isopropanol. The female end doesn't really matter as long as you don't contaminate it with < 0.22um particles. The last layer of the micron filter will filter anything > 0.22um out (includes all bacteria, hair, blood, talc, etc).

I definitely wouldn't use temperature to sterilize a micron filter, the plastic could melt like you suspected.

OR, you could try it out on one of the worthless nylon ones! That way you could see if it's going to melt (and if a nylon one melts does it matter? ;))

Best of luck!

Thank you for such an excellent post.

No problem sandow!

I just buy 20 micro filters from my local pharmacy (0,2 micrometre pores), each one for about 1,50 - 2,20 Euro. Mostly, they are about 1,70 Euro each one. That's fair.

I always make a filter-rig. That's a syringe, equipped with a micron filter on which a needle is equipped. Like the one on the picture a few posts above. With this filter-rig, I squirt the solution into a new syringe (plunger pulled back, so that there is space for the liquid). But before this, I suck the "to-be-micron-filtered-oxy-solution" into the filter-syringe through cotton. Then I put the filter-syringe back onto the rest of the filter rig (micron-filter + needle). Then squirt in new syringe.

That works very well for me. I usually use one filter rig for 2, sometimes 3 days. Then I throw it away and use a new one. Works very well.

I have a few questions...this whole micron-filtering sounds wonderful in theory but honestly, I am broke as fuck and all of this seems to cost a bit.

So, I have to get the big syringe, Luer-lock needle, micron filter, vial, bacteriostatic water, sterile alcohol pads. It seems like I get a few shots out of this, but shit, I can't even afford a few days worth of drugs...what am I expected to do? Quit a dope habit and then dive back in, but safely? If I'm going through that hell I might as well just quit...

Well hopefully I can figure out a way to get a magical amount of money, not spend it on drugs, buy this shit, then buy a week or so worth of drugs to put through this filter. Sorry, feel like shit and not meaning to sound like an ass, I'm just confused on how the fuck people can do this without a needle exchange.

In the US (some states at least) needle exchanges are harder to come by. I believe there is one around me, and three within a few hours distance. Do you think any of these are going to have what I need?

Can I re-use the syringe? The micron filter? Any of the equipment? They are all a bit expensive with shipping and stuff.

Do I need separate micron filters for black tar vs. oxy's? Or can I use the same size? I've been using cotton and distilled water, so it isn't like I'm the best at this.

Finally, after the procedure is done I can use my normal insulin syringes to inject right? I just need to figure out the math of water to mg or something? These luer-lock are huge gauges.

Thanks for the help everyone, just trying to educate and be safer! Much love <3

I have a few questions...this whole micron-filtering sounds wonderful in theory but honestly, I am broke as fuck and all of this seems to cost a bit.
Well, drugs cost money, so if you can afford the drugs, you should be able to afford micron filters.

So, I have to get the big syringe, Luer-lock needle, micron filter, vial, bacteriostatic water, sterile alcohol pads. It seems like I get a few shots out of this, but shit, I can't even afford a few days worth of drugs...what am I expected to do? Quit a dope habit and then dive back in, but safely? If I'm going through that hell I might as well just quit...
It would be better to quit using heroin IMO; whether you are injecting or not, a heroin addiction can cause problems in ones life.

Well hopefully I can figure out a way to get a magical amount of money, not spend it on drugs, buy this shit, then buy a week or so worth of drugs to put through this filter. Sorry, feel like shit and not meaning to sound like an ass, I'm just confused on how the fuck people can do this without a needle exchange.
Well, not everyone is addicted to heroin. :)

In the US (some states at least) needle exchanges are harder to come by. I believe there is one around me, and three within a few hours distance. Do you think any of these are going to have what I need?
They may have the alcohol swabs, and luer lock syringes/needle tips, but the rest of your supplies you will have to get somewhere else (i.e. online). If you find a US exchange with micron filters let us all know.

Can I re-use the syringe? The micron filter? Any of the equipment? They are all a bit expensive with shipping and stuff.
You can re-use the syringes, yes. The needle tips you need to use new ones. The micron filter ideally will only be used once, but you can create a bulk solution and the benzyl alcohol should preserve it up to 28 days.

Do I need separate micron filters for black tar vs. oxy's? Or can I use the same size? I've been using cotton and distilled water, so it isn't like I'm the best at this.
No, the same size should work just fine. I have never tried to micron filter black tar heroin, so I can't comment on that. I wouldn't IV black tar heroin anyways.

Finally, after the procedure is done I can use my normal insulin syringes to inject right? I just need to figure out the math of water to mg or something? These luer-lock are huge gauges.
Yes, you use insulin syringes to inject. You can get the solution out of the vial with an insulin syringe, and use that (or squirt the desired amount onto a spoon and get it into a new syringe so as to preserve the needle tip).