• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom Question

woamotive

Bluelighter
I have recently been told that kratom works great for opiate withdrawal, in the form of loose leaves and that I should make a tea out of it.

My habit is as follows: I take (if available) a total of 60-75 mg oxycodone daily
or 8 mg dilaudid (tossed in somewhere or JUST that), or a 70'ish mg dose of hydrocodone. I have a very small frame. I'm female 5'8'' and 107lbs roughly.

How do I measure out how many of the loose kratom to put in a cup/do I boil a kettle of water and put a larger amount in and let the whole thing steep and make a lot at once? How long should this steep for, and what does it feel like?

In other words, 1) how does one prepare kratom tea!?--esp keeping in mind my habit and frame size

2)What effects should I look for and how long does it take to feel it?

I hear it works best if you parachute it, but don't take my word on it

parachute the loose leaves ? How do I know how many to parachute and how'd you get the info ?

Kratom is most effective for me if I just swallow some powdered plain leaf. You don't need to parachute it in tissue paper or anything like that. I don't like the tea because it is too much gross bitter-tasting liquid for me to stomach--I end up sitting on it for a long time before finally finishing it, and as a result the effects are more diffuse (longer-lasting but less intense).

It just seems quicker and easier if I measure out my dose, add some water, mix it all up and toss it back, maybe rinsing my palette with water in between swigs.

As far as calculating your dose goes, start with a teaspoon or two and work your way up from there. You might end up needing more, but it'll be best if you find the absolute minimum dose that'll lessen your withdrawals. That way you won't end up wasting much, as the stuff is kind of expensive. For this reason you also want to stick with plain leaf, as extracts, being even pricier than the plain leaf powder, raise your tolerance quickly and significantly and it seems impossible not to waste a lot when using them.

If you do still want to try making the tea, I've had some luck using a drip coffee maker. Just put your dose of kratom in the filter and brew it like you would coffee. Apart from that I've also added the powdered leaf directly to a cup of hot water, let it sit for 15 minutes and consumed it, dregs and all, with decent results.

Good luck! And if you have any questions you're more than welcome to PM me.

Interesting. Maybe I'll try making this tea with a percolator OR just grind up the leaves super fine into as near a powder as possible. I'll wait for some more responses before I try this. I have a fair amount, so if a tsp or tbsp is enough then I think this is excellent-and should last a few days.

I still want to hear more experiences/advice.

It could OR be in basic drug discussion. Either would seems suitable.

Guessing then you have no other input ?

Last edited:
Sorry kratom is not my expertise or i would love to help, but i know for finding the right dose, start small and work your way up, theirs no real way to give anyone a perfect correct dose, as for preperation couldn't you make your own teabags, ive done it b4 with mushrooms i hope i helped even a little!

The most effective way to ingest Kratom is in powdered leaf. I'd think you'd need a pretty large amount of Kratom for your tolerance - I'd start with five g and work your way up....which is admittedly a lot to parachute. :\ It'd probably be easiest to blend the Kratom in a smoothie, but the taste is pretty vile in any form, so you might want to try capping them - it doesn't work in caps for everybody, but it's worth a try if you have enough to spare.

It takes about twenty minutes to feel it uncapped and up to two hours in caps. It feels like a very low dose of opiates to me.... moodlift, nice body high, and relaxation. (If you're nauseous, you've had too much - it's not a normal part of the high like with opiates.) It's a nice high if you can get over the taste. :)

In tablespoons, how many is this ? I have leaf form. I plan on grinding them up as well as possible and ingesting them SOMEHOW-either in yogurt or water...just bear the taste. Will this be fine first thing in the morning ? I hear it lasts just about 2-3 hours. You agree? Then can I redose with something else later on in the day-say around 4pm ?

I want to take this tomorrow morning so ANY responses will be greatly appreciated. Input ? Insight ?

In tablespoons, how many is this ? I have leaf form. I plan on grinding them up as well as possible and ingesting them SOMEHOW-either in yogurt or water...just bear the taste. Will this be fine first thing in the morning ? I hear it lasts just about 2-3 hours. You agree? Then can I redose with something else later on in the day-say around 4pm ?

The density (teaspoons) of kratom depends on which variety you have. However I weighed on a kitchen scale a tablespoon of the "Indo" that I have and it's between 5 and 6g, for whatever that's worth.

It should be fine first thing in the morning as long you don't have to operate heavy machinery, etc. For me it lasts about 4 hours, with a pretty long tail going into the next day if I dose in the evening. I've redosed on it before with no problem. You'll likely get the most mileage out of your material if your stomach is empty when you take it.

I get about three hours out of it and really only get a buzz if I take it in the morning. If you plan on redosing, make sure it's been at least two hours since you've eaten - Kratom doesn't work too well on top of food.

I would suggest yogurt as instead of water - it helps mask the texture and the taste.

I found a lot of different gram to teaspoon conversions - between 2 and 11 g = 1 TBS. :\ So, nothing conclusive there.

The most effective way to ingest Kratom is in powdered leaf. I'd think you'd need a pretty large amount of Kratom for your tolerance - I'd start with five g and work your way up....which is admittedly a lot to parachute. :\ It'd probably be easiest to blend the Kratom in a smoothie, but the taste is pretty vile in any form, so you might want to try capping them - it doesn't work in caps for everybody, but it's worth a try if you have enough to spare.

It takes about twenty minutes to feel it uncapped and up to two hours in caps. It feels like a very low dose of opiates to me.... moodlift, nice body high, and relaxation. (If you're nauseous, you've had too much - it's not a normal part of the high like with opiates.) It's a nice high if you can get over the taste. :)

Kratom and Narcotic analgesics are different substances so even though she takes a lot of opiates to get high, this does not mean that there will be a significant cross tolerance to the kratom.

And OP from my experience, kratom is the worst tasting thing in the world. I use to drink it in cranberry juice and that helped a little bit but one night I threw up and ever since then I am not able to even taste that shit.

If I were you I would first give a try in yogurt/some kind of juice. If thereafter you find the taste unbearable definately parachute it. Parachuting is when you wrap the kratom in toilet paper/soft paper towels like downy or -- from what I've read -- coffee filters. This is the best way to go about, and as someone stated above if you get nauseas you may have had too much. However, I would definately not take Kratom on an empty stomache.

With your tolerance you are going to need a fair bit of Kratom. I imagine it should at least help with the WDs though, since seasoned heroin users rely on it in thailand. I doubt you will get a rush from it, but it should make you more comfortable at least.

5 grams is a good dose for most people to start with just to see how they will react, but I think you will end up needing a lot more than that.

You dont think there is going to be any cross tolerance at all? I would assume there would be, but I am not sure about that.

You dont think there is going to be any cross tolerance at all? I would assume there would be, but I am not sure about that.

There most certainly is cross tolerance between Kratom and other Opiates. I barely take OC anymore, but since I use Kratom daily it still takes me 80mg+ to get a decent buzz when I do use.

I would also notice that if I took my regular size dose of Kratom earlier in the day and I took OC later it would diminish the effect a bit.

Yeah, I have a tolerance close to your own, and I was highly underwhelmed by Kratom. I made various strengths in tea, ranging from 2mg up to 20mg.

At all times, I wasn't very far from baseline, and I think almost all effects could have been placebo. I know people rave about Kratom but it wasn't anything to talk about IMO. Maybe my preparation/supply was not good, but I don't know.

Also, the taste of the tea wasn't bad at all. I have tasted far worse. I just threw in some honey with it along with a couple sugars and I was straight. It was almost like a green tea, but slightly more bitter.

if youre going to continue with the tea dont bother breaking it down more. also double the "dose" 2 tablespoons to make up surface area to volume. id say it would be fairly accurate to if you decide to swallow it down plain. just a heads up imo plain leaf aka crushed tends to be harsher taste and can be harder to get down. you will probabaly need to parachute it. even some powders can be a pain if not destemed and deveined. id say dont bother with all the hastle especially for a first time. just go with the tea.

also a few other things to keep in mind:

rule 1 buy online!!!!!!!! though you still can get overcharged you still would probably pay less then local shops. plus freshness of the product.
strains make huge difference in effects. so if you end up getting thai dont be bummed that it was nothing like the real nods.
check out kratom forums for updates on kratom products and scams. some sites have some shady products and sometimes bunk batches do get sent.

Thanks for all the advice. I think I decided to wait until my 'regular opiate' supply has disappeared. Also, I would like to test this on a day where I do not work (Saturday would be ideal). I did not get mine online, so I am going to ask directly (soon) about the product at hand. I don't really know ANYTHING about kratom, esp or more importantly about the kratom that I have--which I should. Instead of making the tea, I think that the first time I try it I"ll just parachute a big tbsp. If that doesn't do much I'll make some tea later on.

Regarding the cross tolerance, I guess I'll just fine that out on my own as there seems to be some disagreement here. It sucks that morning w/o food is the best option as I can't have a GREAT day w/o a decent meal. Maybe, however, the kratom will make up for that (?) .

I guess in the meantime between now and Saturday I'll get some more responses and after I take it/try it, I'll report back.