• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The History of Bluelight (attn: Oldskoolers)

Hey exactly what date did bluelight start? Time flys! Seems like it was yesterday I made my first post.

And does anyone here know of anyone who goes to The Lower Tarwan River pub? I was there for a weekend once drunk playing pool with some guy and his friends, he told me about bluelight, wondering who it was and if they still post here. Very curious to know who it was.

Ah well. It was a nice idea.

Bluelight as we know it (but before the sofware changes) began in October '99. That was when it was the grey background with blue visible threads (ie you could read the first few lines of every reply from the main page).

'Bluelighters' were around before then though. They were those who posted on mdma.org/bluelight at the mdma clearinghouse.

I think Camp Bluelight should have been mentioned. That was the first ever Aussie Bluelight Road Trip, December 1999. I broke nature, Ben was caught howling at the bulberator, Pinger pre-rolled 23 joints and Pillcat made us have a minute's silence for all the astronauts who got lost in space.

What a strong tradition we've upheld for so many years.

mmm memories :)

well, waaaay back (before any real bl-organised events) bluelight tried to organise our own party, we collaborated with some members from the synapse (is that it?) website crew. the first meeting for it was outside at RMIT and we froze our asses off. it fell apart, and the synapse guys went on to produce forbidden freeland etc :)

i met jb, candyflip and a bunch of others i cant remember who now, at the docks, and i'm fairly certain it was an EPTAS party. jb looked vaguely uncomfortable and disappeared shortly thereafter. i was immensely suprised to see him pop up at acid reign only a week or two later!! *giggles* it was prior to all except maybe the weary dunlop one. prior to acid reign or jungle bizness.

i miss jb's bar too, that was awesome. we need another place like that.

Last edited:
3 years, ive only been here some months, ive missed out on soo much

Wild Things 3

Hey Atomica!.. <waves>... nice to see you.. :D

I know you BL old skoolers are absolutely nutty about this party (I wouldn't know, I never went to one) but this caught my eye today and thought you might be interested:

WILD THINGS 3 ANNOUNCED!

Perhaps you can have another BL meetup?

2599Bluelight-med.jpg

why does it not post this as an image ??

xtc, i swear your posts never make any sense to me. however, they are always interesting.

anyway, huh??

the scanned image is a post from BL dated 31/05/99. it seemed to me to have some relevence to a thread entitled "the history of bluelight".

as the .jpg had around it the image would appear on the latest version of Vb. i guess the admins have done a hack so the image will not appear but instead the URL

is all clearer now ?? :)

Indeed, there's an option in MyBL for choosing to view pictures in a thread, or for showing them as a link. So whether the picture will show or not depends entirely on the individual user.

memories!!! I'd almost forgotten what bluelight looked like back then.

I loved that you could just write a n/m post and have a conversation down the thread list.

/\
2 Posts in 4 years. Now there's a post whore.

Gotta a laugh outta the old layout, thanks xtc.

Goddamnit, that kryal thread posted in on the first page must have got iced in a forum prune. Shit! :(

-Thoth, we're still midskool. So shut the fuck up ok? Who cares about our petty midskool threads. We just missed out on being oldcore hardskool though.

*edit*

I forgot a ;)

just for a few who remembers, here's a quick glimpse of Bluelight from April in 2000 :)

bluelight7zn.jpg