• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The History of Bluelight (attn: Oldskoolers)

My most memorable BL events thus far are Cold Kryal and Twisted. Cold Kryal (wtwta2) I think would have been one of the first mass BL meetups, we took over the entire section of the castle handing out nametags with people going "who are these freaks". Twisted was great because it had reps from 5 states, showing just how widespread BL is :)
I don't know whether it would be worth a mention, and I may be biased, but the beach party was pretty special. I think it may not have had much a response because it wasn't attended by many Oldskoolers, it was many ppl new to bluelight. To me it was almost a new induction of the next wave of bluelighters...
45 people driving between 2-11 hours for a house party... pretty special.

I have no idea if this is being insensitive or anything by making this suggestion, but some note remembering bill might be appropriate. Perhaps not included in the timeline but somewhere in the history.

A couple of things come to mind.
First off, definately something dedicated to bill. A bluelight member who many knew but all will remember.
Secondly, when enlighten was created.
Third, (this may be baised) but a note about the Melb fundraiser/s
#1 - The bluelight benifit bushdoof 2001
#2 - The bluelight fundraiser 2001
Both contirbuted much to how bluelight is today and significant to its history. I'd do a search, but for some reason this cordless keyboard in this damn awful five star hotel Im sitting in wont copy and paste. OH THE HUMANITY! ;)
And I think somewhere in there should be the event of the dreaded and hated post whore and how he one day became a moderator.... ;)

Nocturnal_chick just suggested a funny but relevant one.
When bluelight went down (gasp, shock horror) and the dreaded NULIGHT started up for the main source of giving everyone somewhere to get their post fix.....
*giggles to himself*
I think that belongs in there somewhere.......

BFB: I concur, someones already mentioned the 404 error of death...
How did we make it through!

For memory, nulight first got its real use after the admins shut the board down in response to the 'Br0wnrave' (or something, substitute the '0' for 'o' - damn censored word list) raid in the States.
[ 27 June 2002: Message edited by: Jakoz ]

I reckon that you should assemble some kind of shrine to me. Bluelight went to the shit as soon as I headed off I.M.H.O. ;)
But seriously, things that should be mentioned...
Wild Things 1 - Those old skool Bluelighters that were there would agree.
The Bluelight Party - A mental night attended by all of those that mattered, and the best lights ever seen at a bush doof. I can still see the meteors through the trees.
Wild Things 2 - Every Victorian (and quite a few interstater) Bluelighter at the time seemed to make it to the meet up, and almost every decent Bluelighter DJ played.
Teriyaki - Because without it god knows what I'd be doing now. There's a lot of techno in Melbourne, but only one or two quality techno nights, and only one that has done it for so long...
And on a more serious note, the untimely death of Bill. Because he made us realise that we aren't invincible and that we have to make every moment count.
[ 28 June 2002: Message edited by: Psyentist ]

One more thing. Anjele should get her props. She was the original O.G. Bluelight legend moderator. A sweet girl who I miss lots. Where is she now? Anyone?

Melbourne club nights (or club nights of any city) really don't need to be mentioned in the history of bluelight. They're irrelevant to a lot of people, both past and present. And they have absolutely nothing to do with bluelight whatsoever.

I agree totally.
Nightclubs or events are not really related to bluelight and is harm minimisation apart from the fact that the majority of drugs are consumed by 'party goers'.
I do think exceptions should be made for some events, but not for the event itself. for example.. the first Bluelight meetup was at event X or the biggest bluelight meetup was at event Y.... and so on.
This goes for any city, or maybe we could do one for each city (if anyone can remember dates and events) I think THOSE events in bluelight have significance so where (event) should be mentioned.
But I dont think an event in any city has any relevance unless for those above. :)

^^^^^
The Bluelight party will get a mention, cos that was a Bluelight event. Wild Things 2 will get a mention too because that was one of the biggest bluelight meetups ever...
It's the things like Yaki that won't make the list - cos while being good and all, they're really only relevant to a small number of people... :)
Oh, and that list is not exclusive, so don't think any decisions have been made yet about any of the other ones listed... common sense will be the deciding factor in the end, and if anyone else want's to document a timeline of the melbourne club scene then they're quite welcome to do it. But as for the official timeline, only bluelight specific things will make it...
Remember also that this is an international timeline - there's a thread like this one in Main Social and people there are doing exactly what people here are doing (listing lots of small events)... but most of their events won't make the list either cos they're not significant enough to a wider audience... :)
[ 28 June 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

EARTHCORE NYE 2000/2001!!!!!!
oooooooh yes, that was the first big interstate meet-up (we had 4 different states)
i'd also like to add/agree with:
- the passing away of bill
- dj quicksilver's death
- the formation of the aus social forum
- creation 2000 (if we are having the one big party/meet-up from each state this is brisbane answer to kryal/utopia)
- when meet-ups went down
- maybe something about the change of lay-out (tie in with bluelight fundraisers)
bk :)

Psyentist: Word about Wild Things 1!!!!!
I've only just realised now though that not many of us that were there that night, still hang around this place! :)
So how about you try to organise a small Wild Things 3 when you come back, maybe another bush doof would be nice? ;)
The only shitty thing about it is that Funky wouldn't be there, like she was at the other two with me, and it would be kinda strange. :(

I did make a lot of lifelong friends that weekend, and I daresay that another Wild Things party will be on in the near future.
E-mail me at [email protected] if you want to get the dirt Pekkie.

weary dunlop as the first melbourne meetup of course and the formation of the social forum and the great moderators of the throughout, the stupid no access 404 error, the bandwidth crisis...or the few of them.
z.

nice one piglet.
also i think haste should also get a mention somewhere.. he used to do everything

I gave Haste his first pill LOL. A champion guy, and another one to add to the "where are they now" file...