• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The History of Bluelight (attn: Oldskoolers)

Ghost...thanks for sharing :)
But can we keep this thread to just major events in bluelight's history, rather than everyone's personal first blueligher meetups?
I only put mine in cause it was the first Australian one.
thanks guys :)

I know this would probably be a summary, so I'll limit this short description of defining Bluelight events in Perth to a couple of moments, each of which defined Bluelight in Perth.
Fundamental Sat 19th May, 2001
Fundamental threads - search result
This was THE meetup in Perth, and the event where everyone really met everyone else. The above link is a search result which links to the 4 Fundamental threads on this site. This is how we met each other, and where the crew was pretty much made. Until then we were just posters who happened to come from the same city.
Raids in Perth ~ Nov, 2001
This really kicked home when we tried to organize a huge meetup in Perth for Ministry on Dec 3rd, and had to cancle it - see this MOS meetup thread for more details about this. Around 10 Bluelighters were raided in the space of weeks, probably from information gleaned from their Bluelight profiles. I can find no other dedicated threads about this, just bits and pieces in various threads (it was kept fairly quiet at the time), but it resulted in me writing the Guide to getting raided.
:)

Creation of the original Australia/New Zealand Drug Discussion Forum:
17th November 1999.

(*) This forum was created to give the Australian Bluelight members a space to encourage regional discussion. The Bluelight Discussion forum had become very popular with the USA and Europe Bluelight members, leading to most of the Australian posts disappearing from Page 1 of the forum list within a day.
(*) This forum now exists essentially complete as the Archives.
Creation of the current Australia/Asia/NZ/Middle East Drug Discussion Forum:
2nd May 2001.

(*) This forum was created in an attempt to get around some slow hardware issues, when many people were unable to access the Australian Forums during times of heavy server load (namely, during the high-traffic times from overseas).
(*) This forum currently exists as the active Australia/Asia/NZ/Middle East Drug Discussion Forum and is according to some, the bestest damn forum on the server.
BigTrancer :)
[ 25 June 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

ok apples. sorry i got carried away. ;)
social side of things (things happening in the real world) -
* teriyaki anarki saki moves from hifi bar to velvet lounge to billboards.
* virus closes doors... but goes underground.
* fokus closes doors (10may2002).
* centriphugal closes doors (22feb2002) after 4 years.
* sept 11
* peach started.
is this the kind of real world stuff referred to?
edit: dates added.
[ 25 June 2002: Message edited by: GhOst ]

er i dont think we need to know about clubs opening/shutting etc. thats not what we are after...

what sort of real world bookmarks are u after?
events on the same scale as sept11?
Australia based? world based?

Erm...Bluelight based Ghost. Such as big ass meetups (successful ones), the many technical changes and guises BL have adorned, King JB's nepotistical rise to power as administrator ;) , etc... Maybe the opening of Prudence? There was a biggish (for it's time) meetup then...
PS: call me biatch! I don't have your new number...

ok biatch! im not in melbourne but i'll be back soon!
ok i have 1 last thing to say before getting out of here (i dont seem to make sense anymore)...
the upgrading of pillreports -
1. with moderators (Soma & Mac) appointed
2. with pictures enabled
and one memorable irritating thing - the era of multiple posting!

"error 404"
only REAL old skoolers would remember that fucking irritating message. You could only access BL about 1 out of every 10 - 20 times.
anyway...
best meetup was the weary meetup. There was one before that at acid reign I believe (in fact i'm sure, cos I was there) and one at two tribes, but IMO, weary was the best because it was where we all first met, and in that short night so many special bonds were made. Those that were there obviously agree *nudge scoobydont et co"
i'll leave the rest up to the others.
btw, why are we doing this?

The creation of the Aus/Asia/NZ/Middle East Social forum... No idea what the date was...

horse: no no, acid reign was after weary, trust me. and why are we doing this? well our 3rd birthday is coming up and i want to write the history of BL as a pressie...

horsey & jb... dates for weary dunlop, acid reign, and spleen meetups are in my earlier reply.
Aus/Asia/NZ/ME Meetups Forum Created 27 April 2000
BigTrancer :)

yeh you're right jb. Cos I bumped into you guys there having known who to look out for.
And social thing... credit where credit is due ;)

Horsey: who were the original aus social mods? I've got 5 names I'm thinking of, and I can't remember who were the actual 4?

Hmmmm, make that 6 names... ;)
The names I'm thinking of are Tarsarlan, MikeySammy, Mr Horse, Finn, Its Chaos, and now anjele...
I'm a bit hazy, I'd been on the board for just over a month or so when social was created...

20/04/02: Pharmacy 6, where the meetup was bigger than it was meant to be!
Over 60 Bluelighters were in attendance, that's gotta be something.
We took over the whole bloody place!
(I know I'm not oldskool but I thought this was worth a mention)
Also, whord to DJC*. Twisted Republic 08/06/02, I'd say would have had more people from more states than any meetup in Aus BL history. 5 states for christ's sake!
w000000000t!!!
That is all...