• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What does an opiate high feel like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...it is like everyone said....at first. It's great until you're addicted. And you spend your days chasing it. I used to get #120 80mgs prescribed. Then after about a year of running out a week early, and having to be sick for seven days, w a two yr old to take of, I went to a methadone clinic.

Fast forward, when I was on oxy's I knew nothing about drugs....I lived in the surburbs. I learned everything I know about drugs at the clinic...and oxycontin was the gateway drug to heroin for me.

Just telling it like it is. You do not want to be physically dependent on a drug.

EmmazGrl has it down....that's it right there. I felt all of that stuff she's talking about. I felt very close to God too.

Sidenote: I no longer feel the euphoria, no matter how many pills I take or how much H I do...so that's what you have to ultimately look forward to.

Ive been on instant release capsules of pure oxycodone hydrocholoride powder everyday for the last 6 years and i have never once experienced any euphoria or a high or any of the pleasant feelings people describe here. I am so jelous of everyone elses experience.

Whenever ive tried to take a dose enough to get someone high, i have ended up feeling very unpleasantly ill and the miserable feeling of sea sickness, nauseated, bradycardia, hot flushing, spasms and respiratory depression.

Life is so unfair for some of us

Its been described in perfect detail by some many people on here. all i can say is That it makes you feel so good you know it must be bad for you

Ive been on instant release capsules of pure oxycodone hydrocholoride powder everyday for the last 6 years and i have never once experienced any euphoria or a high or any of the pleasant feelings people describe here. I am so jelous of everyone elses experience.

Whenever ive tried to take a dose enough to get someone high, i have ended up feeling very unpleasantly ill and the miserable feeling of sea sickness, nauseated, bradycardia, hot flushing, spasms and respiratory depression.

Life is so unfair for some of us

That's tolerance for you!

If you took a tolerance break, they'd get you high again.

Of the opiates I've tried, I'd say the best for pure euphoria would be oxycodone.

Imagine it's the middle of winter, somewhere very cold. You're inside a cabin, next to a warm crackling fire, wrapped up in a blanket with the girl of your dreams watching an awesome movie.

That's the opiate high, being wrapped up in a warm blanket of relaxation and contentment without a care in the world.

Man this thread totally needs a trigger warning or something... I'm on opiates right now and this thread still makes me want more. =D

And yes, I'd say that about sums it up.

^^

Sub-fourms entitled things like, "Basic Drug Discussion", kind of imply triggering content.. ha.

how does it differ from mdma? or from weed? i wanna try opiates (not heroin) and just wonder what opiate i should try and what i should expect from it

MDMA and Marijuana both heighten awareness and increase sensory input. The consciousness appears to 'raise' out of the survivalist, calculative framework into a more accepting, loving and conceptual headspace. Things like making art or making love are enhanced greatly.

Opiates are the exact opposite. These appear to suppress the consciousness to the lowest level, a level of complete security and safety. In this psychological realm, desires are suppressed, mood is content and happy but not excited in any way. Capacity to make art or make love goes down dramatically. Conceptualization and imagination dissolve into thoughtless bliss.

Basically MDMA, Marijuana, and any psychedelic, entactogen, and in some cases psychostimulants are drugs that celebrate the parts of reality that are full of life, and opiates and downers seem to embrace isolation, solitude, and spiritual/psychological death.

For me, Opiates / Opioids are possible to be described as: Half-awake, half-asleep with half-closed eyes (search for "the land of nod" here on this board and you'll know what I mean with that). Add a ton of inner body warmth and the anti-depressant feelings while laying with your eyes closed in bed letting your fantasy get the best of you. It's hard to describe the Opiate high for me as I've have used the following, each having a slightly different effects profile: Tramadol, Codeine, Morphine, OxyCodone, Fentanyl and Kratom. My personal favorite is OxyCodone, followed with Kratom (look it up, a great plant). I Hope this description is somewhat useful as it is hard for me to describe the good feelings a "nod" can have.

As for trying Opiates, there should be noted that they are extremely addictive and can easily lead to some train wrecks in life. try not to use more than 2 days a week IMHO.

Weak Opiates / Opioids: Tramadol (300-400 mg), Codeine (150-200 mg), DiHydroCodeine (100-150 mg), Kratom (depends on strain, vendor etc.).
Common to strong Opiates / Opioids: Hydrocodone (20-40 mg), Oxycodone (10-25 mg), Morphine (30-60 mg).
Strong Opiates / Opioids: Oxymorphone (5-10 mg), Hydromorphone (1-2 mg), Fentanyl (look up dosage, however do not mess with this one or the two previous ones due to risk of overdosing).

Then there is Methadone and Suboxone but these are for Opiate tolerant people only, hope this post has helped out a bit :).

--» Peace o/

You feel like big slice of butter melting over a big ol pile of flap jacks.

yeahh

I could never get a script for oxycodone. I could never get a doctor to prescribe it for me, but they would prescribe almost everything else- Demerol, Dilaudid, morphine (all I.V.), Fentanyl, Vicodin, Percocet, etc. It seemed like just the mention of Oxycontin, raised red flags for them. What is is, that makes oxycodone so much different from the other opiates?

It is like the breath of Heaven- immeasurable comfort, and unfathomable contentment, and tranquility... and you wish that it would never end.

Feels in my opinion, like being wrapped in the most warm comfortable, dreamy blanket. Nothing matters.

The most distinctive part of the high is the body buzz and pleasure,and. Loss of anxiety, social butterfly, more patient and open minded to do stuff normally wouldn't do..itching is a nice side effect lol, closed eye visuals I love

Best feeling in the world, until it's all gone. Then comes the mind crushing depression and all the other good shit.

I notice I'm about to crash when the itching starts at the face when the high is just starting, and I know it will be wearing off when I'm itching my balls and legs and it becomes annoying not enjoyable as it is at first . I get so pissy and irritable ESP coming off the thebaine derived opioids such as hydrocodone /morphone and oxy/oxymorphone...

I'm an opiate addict, and have gotten high over 5,000 times at age 25. I assure you it is thee greatest drug experience you will have in your life. I've done codeine, morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydromorphone, heroin, all of it. Did heroin every day for 2 years. Did OC every other day for 5 years, all of it. You will not ever find a drug that makes you feel mentally and physically better than opiates. I've done MDMA many times, cocaine, meth....every pharmeceutical you could find, opiates take gold, silver, and bronze. You HAVE GOT to be careful though, they are too good to be true. I have been walking a right rope for years....they are heaven and they are hell. I have felt the high of 100$ of heroin into one of my veins and I have felt the hell of a 150 mg a day Methadone habit withdrawal for a week....it's all about how much you want to put into it/get out. If you are talking 25 mg of Hydrocodone every two weeks....you will absolutely love opiates....if you are talking $50 of heroin a day....you will hate them. It's all dependent upon the person. Be careful man.

Most opiates give me a good amount of energy. And I feel much happier than normal. I can get chores done. Most people feel a warm glow or something. I sometimes itch. I started taking percs to help with alcohol w/d so I could still work. Now I have this pesky Methadone habit that I'm trying to maintain. I never thought I'd get hooked because I wanted to make sure that if I ever needed opiates for real, I'd be able to use them as prescribed, and they'd work. Since taking the Methadone, it seems I have to use twice as much of anything to feel anything. It's such a drag.

Uhmmm @f1n1..have you ever used Heroin or Dilaudid IV?? A fresh Heroin or Dilaudid shot is worlds above any orgasm, ever. Your brain cannot stop sending out the synapses, it melts your whole body. An orgasm lasts what....10 seconds? The high from a good Heroin shot is 2-3 hours long, with a rush of 10-45 minutes. Opiates, used correctly, will give off a better feeling than sex. Look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.