• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What does an opiate high feel like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
waking up on a warm sunny morning, either on your screened in porch or with a big window open. the sun is soft and shinning in on you, and you have the whole day ahead of you--during which only good things of your choosing can happen.

ive tried oxycodone and hydrocodone a few times and i am not a fan of it. i just get a lil buzz with some nausea. i dont really get the euphoric feeling on opiates.

ive tried oxycodone and hydrocodone a few times and i am not a fan of it. i just get a lil buzz with some nausea. i dont really get the euphoric feeling on opiates.
I know a girl who just ends up feeling sick on any opiate. She also tends to trip for 12+ hours on DXM or other drugs, tends to have a bad reaction to things, even Aleve used to make her puke blood. People react differently, although most will react positively.

Eh, I'd say Alprazolam is kind of close to a lot of opiates. Just don't dose insanely and I find a lot of similarities.

WA WA WAWAAAT!?!?!

if that was the case than daaaaaam, id do xanax so much more...

NOTHING COMES CLOSE to opiate highs...

in order, of wat is CLOSEST to the feeling of opies, and note, none of these are comparable, just the closest.

1 - an orgasm
2 - a natural high, runners high, endorphin/seritonin rush
3 - alcohol (if you're one of those people who enjoy alcohol)
....smoking weed with opies REALLY tops it off nicely. you def feel the opies "more" when you are stoned.

Don't forget the best part of opiates compared to other drugs.....no comedown. You can take them in the morning, noon, dinner, whenever. They never make you "crash" like stims, and they don't leave you feeling zonked like after you smoke buds all day. In summation, opiates are the warmest, most loving, anytime of day, suck your wallet/soul dry drug.

Don't forget the best part of opiates compared to other drugs.....no comedown. You can take them in the morning, noon, dinner, whenever. They never make you "crash" like stims, and they don't leave you feeling zonked like after you smoke buds all day. In summation, opiates are the warmest, most loving, anytime of day, suck your wallet/soul dry drug.
I feel irritable the next day if I don't take more and if I take enough my body feels very achey and my legs feel very stiff after the feeling leaves.

I have some bad anxiety, so Xanax will do quite a bit for me and make me feel close to what opiates can do, but still, nothing beats the euphoria of Vicodin for me.

It's like the feeling after orgasm. The aaah, bit. That's opioids.

And when you shoot it, it feels like DURING an orgasm!

If you don't wanna do heroin (my personal fave), I'd recommend name brand OxyContin, or Dilaudid (if you can find it). But the most realistic choice would be OC.

oxycodone = my love. it's so familiar and welcoming, warm and tingly. hits all the right places at the right times. it's purely delicious.

And the award for the top triggering thread of bluelight goes to... "What does an opiate high feel like" by heyaxper!!!

There is a common theme here that got me thinking... One day I will create an actual blanket that mimics the effect of opiates. *crosses fingers and waits for profits (and fda approval)*

Step 1: Come up with opiate blanket idea
Step 2: ???
Step 3: profit

come to think of it, I would never get out of bed with this product. Is that a good thing?...

You bet your damn opiated ass it is!

I'm a pain patient. so never did it recreationally. However, I have experienced the high, and it's quite wonderful. That is, it can be.
First off, I'm totally blind, been that way from birth, and have a neural condition called synesthesia. That is, my senses are not blocked off from each other, like yours probably are.
Specifically, words, sounds, and emotions produce an almost hallucinatory tactile effect for me, even when I'm stone cold sober.
The first time I did opes was in the hospital. They injected morphine into me. The first sensation was global pain as Auntie M. hit my system. Then, I felt a single strand of Persian cat fur snake down my left cheek. After that, a sense of warmth--warmth like fur.
Like I said, I have synesthesia, so when I feel euphoric, my whole body feels as if it's plunging into fur, or as if God is letting down furry arms from Heaven, to pres, caress, and otherwise pet my face and forehead off.
When they prescribed pills, I noticed a difference between Oxycodone and morphine.
Morphine: contentment, huge furs and impending furs, either it's touching me in all its tingly softness or it's about to touch me, and my cheeks tingle from the nearness of it; I feel great love for God, and talk sweet to Jesus. (I also happen to be a born again Christian, so that factors into it)
2. A sense of glamor: While listening to a certain song, one with rich orchestration and sweet words, I suddenly felt like a movie star with a glass of champagne in my hand. Morphine often takes hold of my writer's imgination, though I've never hallucinated, which by the way, is not par forthe course with opiates, anyway.
3. Need love: When under the influence of opiates, I was always after my husand for sex. I was often more apt to make suggestive remarks, cuddle closer, etc. I'm also more humorous.
Oxycodone:
1. More peaceful, apt to feel velvet rather than fur. In my synesthetic world, fur=ecstasy/euphoria, velvet=peace/contentment. My dreams are apt to contain synesthetic content, especially if I am listening to something while in REM sleep. For example, I heard a certain voice with a distinctive quality in it, and I said, "I don't like the smell of her voice". (I had been listening to a documentary about fish, and it translated into my dream as the smell of someone's voice)
Alot of exotic mixed sensory things like that happen in my dreams or as I'm awaking from them. Everything but visual, as I have never seen since birth. I am completely blind.
2. I find Oxycodone more sedative than morphine, and find I can sleep better under its influence. Morphine tends to keep me awake.
The Mix: As I am on both meds, they are often mixed in my system. As you probably know, these opiates don't feel the same the hundredth time as they do the first or second time. As a pain patient, I've had to let go of the exotic dreams and the command I got in my brain to laugh and laugh. I couldn't stop laughing one night, due to the mix of Oxy and M. in my brain. My endorphins must have been way up there. I felt this command in my brain "Laugh", it said. It was like a word and an electric shock together, not unpleasant. As a patient with depressive disorder, the opiates were particularly seductive to me. My anti-depressants don't lift my mood the way the opes do, nor do they make me feel like I'm being touched by furry hands from Heaven. The medically approved antidepressants don't make me feel like my nerve endings are singing, nor do they make me feel lovable and cuddly.
Which brings me to the down side:
THE MOST IMPORTANT: Opiates NEVER feel as good as the first and second time. The body gets tolerant, and you have to increase your dosage, even if you're a good little pain patient who never misuses, and I can't say that about myself, although my relationship with God has made me much less apt to misuse. I know He's watching, so that helps keep me on track. I have not always resisted the temptation to chase the dragon, but thanks to Him, I'm doing fairly well. Plus, I've learned other down sides.
1. Dysphoria: I can get very dysphoric, that is, weepy and depressed, if I'm high on M or O, and there's no one there to love. Now that I'm alone, that's most of the time. If I could feel pain only when I'm around people, that would be just dandy, because then I could shine with my humor and my cuddly self. But now that I'm alone, and having some uneasy issues with someone I met online dating, I can get very dysphoric.
I learned very early on in my treatment that popping a morphine or Oxycodone pill when I was angry or sad wouldn't change my mood. If I was happy or feeling good enough, and just taking the medication for pain, as it's prescribed, then I'd catch a bit of a buzz. It's a warm, furry buzz with a champagne glow. But when it doesn't happen, there's nothing you can do to make it happen.
Hope this helps, and I hope you will take the cautions I've mentioned into consideration before trying it.
You may think you could handle it for a few times, but they are highly addictive, and why wouldn't it be? Anything that can give you the feeling that God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world, mixed with a furry warm champagne glow, would be addictive, even if it didn't have a physical tolerance and addiction side to it. Also, it causes constipation. Just soyou know ...

Is it possible to masturbate or have sex on oxy? If so, imagine the orgasm on top of the opiategasm. Mindblowing to say the least!!

Physically possible, yes. Enjoyable? Not really. Orgasm is severely blunted and difficult to achieve, even in an on your own sort of way.

How does an opiate feel... well, it's different for someone just starting than it is for an addict.

You'll feel absolutely amazing, as in, you will feel like you are amazing. Your thoughts will come rushing down on you, and they will feel brilliant. If you're lucky, they might actually be brilliant. More likely they'll seem stupid when sober. I would always write extensive emails to people about various things when I was high, even though I'd tell myself that I wouldn't, I've always found it to hard to operate on the assumption that I'm not right.

Depending how much you do, you will probably feel a flush of energy and excitement, chattiness, somewhat itchy, especially around the nose. It's a wonderful feeling but you may end up sore later from scratching.

When you lay down and close your eyes is when it's really great. That warm blanket thing really comes into play. Turn on some floyd and just listen. You'll end up with these crazy wonderful dreams that disappear as soon as you 'touch' them. There'll be these orgasmic like rushes through your body. It's just great.

For me, oxycodone makes me very irratable & I am one if the few people that actually hate oxycodone.......

Opiates are definitely a different kind of buzz/high. It also is different for everyone. Some people get euphoric off them while others don't.

There is never a comedown effect like stims. They are great for pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.