• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crack: how in between hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveryStar

Bluelighter
Crack: how long in between hits?

I posted this in OD but it got closed for being in the inappropriate forum (not sure why), so I'm posting this here:

How long do you usually wait, and how long would you say is a good time to wait in between nice, satisfying crack hits? I try to wait at least 15-20 minutes, sometimes up to 30-40, but sometimes it ends up being more like 2-3 minutes or even 30 seconds, before the pipe even cools down.

So, what is the general consensus around here?

Last edited:
As long as it takes to make up the next pipe. Or after it's been passed round if there's a group. Sometimes hours if I had stuff to do. Depends on the situation and mood for me.

I personally don't like taking hits back to back for the whole evening/session. It can get too intense, almost IV-coke intense and maybe even a little scary, plus it doesn't add much to the high. It's fun to smoke a nice big rock in 5 minutes and taking a dozen hits within 3 minutes, like at the beginning of the night right after scoring, but after that I just take smaller hits and try to space them out as long as possible, especially when I'm getting close to the end of my stash. It's a lot more satisfying to wait to be fully sober and then take a monster hit, than to take non-stop hits (like back to back rips, loading up rocks while the pipe is still scorching hot and whatnot) in an attempt to intensify or extend the high for as long as possible. Doing that (constant hits) just seems to increase the paranoia, edginess, and all the other negative effects, rather than increasing the euphoria.

You know that feeling you get at the end of the night after you smoked your last pebble (or fat ass rock if you like to go out with a bang like I do), and an hour later you would just love to be able to take just one more hit, get that taste, the numbness, the high, everything, just one more time? I'm sure most coke/crack users know what that feels like, which is why I usually try to wait till I'm sober, or close to sober, to take another hit, it just makes it way more enjoyable and satisfying.

You could just buy 2 pipes and switch them around so you don't have to wait so long in between hits. :D

Rock starts out great....the rush, the numbing effect, the energy...but then it turns ugly fast. I am incapable of not hitting it every 5 minutes, which is why I have only done it twice(both times coming down from a coke binge and desperate).

You could just buy 2 pipes and switch them around so you don't have to wait so long in between hits. :D

I've done that before, it's pretty cool. I've also tried hitting both pipes (of course both loaded with some rocks) at once, didn't turn out as I expected, it's more of a waste than anything. I just bought a 5 inch Pyrex glass straight shooter yesterday for 5-6 bucks, and I don't wanna spend more money to buy another one, but it works fucking great and makes a world of difference in how big my hits are. It takes longer to heat up (but also longer to cool down), and I can puff on the pipe for a good 30 seconds straight, basically until I start feeling my lungs hurting/stinging a little bit, like if I was about to cough. I get ringers like 3/4 of the time now, as opposed to maybe once every half-dozen hits when I was using regular glass rose tubes.

Waiting in between hits makes the crack go further, and as you said, allows for periods of sober -> very high -> sober -> very high which can be entertaining.

I am always loading the next one before I have blown the last out, its like a compulsion.

Clearly, if you're going to smoke crack, you're going to want to maximize the effect. Toward that end, loading the pipe as fast as you can after the last hit is always recommended.

Also, you'll want to experiment with ways to get a bigger hit. I use a full size propane torch to heat the chore, and a bic lighter turned up all the way to melt the rock. With practice, you can do an entire $50 rock in one hit!

I did this one time in a park, and 5 cops immediately jumped out of the bushes and started running at me, shouting, "You go that way, Bob!", and stuff. I just started laughing that hallucination was so far from reality!

Peace,

Gatherer

typically SWIM switches it up and does both ways. One 'session' SWIM might allow SWIM to just smoke it as he pleases, getting super high and smoking fat hits. Other times, SWIM likes to maximize SWIM's money and take smaller hits, spread out minimum of 20 min between hits, but tries to go as long as possible so that every hit is like "Ahhhh...nice..."
SWIM has found, though, that when smoking a bit larger amounts (at least 3 rocks) SWIM will smoke as SWIM pleases for the first one, force SWIM to wait between hits for the middle rock, then the last one go out with a bang, all-out.

If SWIY does decide to wait between hits, keep in mind it can be hard because crack makes SWIY want another hit immediately, so staying busy with something like reading or smoking cigs or talking or w/e, will take SWIY's mind off it and also keep the pipe out of sight, it will taunt you like you're a fat kid in a bakery, and seeing the most beautiful, delicious cake ever, and realizing that you have no money at all. 8o

'SWIY'

lol! I have never seen that before. We use me and you, not SWIM and SWIY here ;)

in my experience, taking hits back to back only makes me feel more feigndish, and tense..when i wait 15mins where my body really needs a hit, i get ear ringers..if i take a hit 5mins after just cuz i crave a hit, i dont get nothing, except a chase..trick is waiting at 15min intervals

Hehe how did I miss this one.. no SWIM, SWIY or any other permutation (SWIT?) should be used here, it doesn't protect you at all and it just makes your posts hard to read (and type I imagine..)

This is an old thread; traffic moves fast in BDD so in general it is best to comment on current threads rather than old ones. This is also a topic that has been discussed pretty thoroughly and will descend into people just giving their opinions instead of the "quick q&a" format we try to use here, so I'm going to close it. If anyone has any queries feel free to shoot me a pm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.