Bluelight

Thread: recreational dosage for ativan

1. Collapse Details
    recreational dosage for ativan 
    I'm kinda new to benzos. I've got some 1 mg ativan. how many would one need to take for recreational use? I took valium a few times but after the first 3 times i could take 3, 10 mg and not feel any difference. the first 3 highs were great bit then they stopped working

2. Collapse Details

Just to make sure you avoid a blackout and the trouble that comes along with that I'd suggest take 2 mg to start, since your new to benzos see what you think, take 1 or 2 more if you have to later on. I find ativan stronger then valium personally.

3. Collapse Details

A glass bottle in the ocean between waves and rocks
    ^^agreed go for 2 to 3 mg's depending on your size... its the equivalent of 20-30mg valium... i've never tried ativan.. some like it, some don't...

4. Collapse Details

I like the ativan wafers hehe

5. Collapse Details

Out of all the benzos I've tried Ativan seems to make me the most sleepiest. At 1-2mg it's great for anxiety but if I go over that it makes me dead tired and noddy.

6. Collapse Details

OP, I'm not trying to hijack your thread but I had a question about Ativan.

Is there something wrong with me? Because just a week ago I came up on about 11 pills of Ativan and I first took three pills at one mgs each and I BARELY felt a thing. I then proceded to take up to 8 more that day and didn't feeling anything.

Was it because I ingested 40mgs of hydrocodone earlier that day? I mean all I felt was a slight drowsiness from the Ativan. They were the real deal too because it was from my cousin who gave them to me who takes then when needed.

7. Collapse Details

They effect everyone differently. Your brain chemistry must not agree with lorazepam. For me I love it in higher doses. I find it similar to Xanax with more of a sedative effect.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by aquinof1 View Post
    Is there something wrong with me? Because just a week ago I came up on about 11 pills of Ativan and I first took three pills at one mgs each and I BARELY felt a thing.
    If you do some searching, you'll find that you are in the majority. Ativan is a very effective anxiolytic, but not all that recreational for most. Some people do find it to be enjoyable though... I personally think it's a great drug, when used as proscribed for anxiety. It doesn't do a damn for me recreationally, no matter how high I dose. In higher doses, it is known to cause amnesia (black-outs).

Quote Originally Posted by epiLp View Post
    I'm kinda new to benzos. I've got some 1 mg ativan. how many would one need to take for recreational use? I took valium a few times but after the first 3 times i could take 3, 10 mg and not feel any difference. the first 3 highs were great bit then they stopped working
    If you don't feel good with 2mg of ativan, you're probably in the (majority) group that doesn't find lorazepam recreational. Be cautious about dosing higher, it'll put you at risk from blacking out, and forgetting how unremarkable the experience is. Start with 1mg, and re-dose in 45min to 1hr if you feel the need to. Taking it sublingually will increase the absorption rate and bioavailibity.
    Last edited by carl; 30-12-2009 at 07:02.

9. Collapse Details

Australian Drug Discussion
    I think given your previous diazepam experience that 3mg would be a good starter dose assuming you are not consuming any other drugs or alcohol. Ativan seems to be one of those benzos you either love or get fuck all from, I personally tried it for the first time recently and I liked it. It is more sedating than diazepam in my experience.

10. Collapse Details

I have had multiple shots of ativan, but I haven't taken it in pill form.