• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

What's the worst gift you got? ver. Not Another Fruitcake!?!?!!?!

Why do you have to insult us fruitcakes in the thread title? dick.

My friend's dad always gives her and her 3 sisters a year supply of tampons and midol each and they aren't too thrilled about it.

Staff secret-santa thingy last year, I got some foot detox patch thingies. Total scam of course and I was pretty pissed as I'd put some effort into the gift I purchased -.-

Actually another staff X-Mas party one for a few years back also comes close; some revolting, gelatinous, candied things... Couldn't be accurately identified even with all the marvels of modern science. I had one and threw the rest out. From memory I may have vomitted too.

I got some crap stuff from a Secret Santa the last time I was working someplace that had a Secret Santa. It was a set of fancy napkins and napkin holders. (when I was living in a tiny studio apartment that didn't even have room for a table at the time).

9 years ago i went into hospital on christmas eve due to a difficult pregnancy...waiting for me on my bed was a wrapped gift, i opened it and it contained a freakin clock. like being in there was bad enough they gave me a present to make my time in there more boring, talk about clock watching. didnt even have any batteries.
to make things worse i was told if my blood pressure didnt go down they were keeping me in til my daughter was born..as she wasnt due for another 14 days i was devestated to spend the whole christmas holiday and new year bedridden. she was eventually born a week early on new years eve and and is the best christmas present ever!

lol the worst gift i've got was NOTHING!
and it sucked.

being booked on shift for the 24th 25th and 26th and 29th/1th

^bwahahahaa that's actually CUTE! Awww they just wanted to give you something sweet ;)

eeh, can't really remember bad gift so awful as to still think of it years later, I'm happy about practically anything I receive and an xmas gift would have to be pretty fucking shitty to beat finding fucking RAISINS in your trick or treat bag.

An orange spikey rubber ball. That my cousin then burst and turned into a pair of orange spikey underpants.

worst gift I got was a floor length black trenchcoat.

Backstory: when I was in 8th thru about 10th grade I was a total goth/headbanger/jerbang/freak whatever your local term is for one of those kids... and I asked my mother for a black trenchcoat for like 4 years straight. never got it. then, my senior year of high school, LONG after I was done with that stage of life, I open my "big" gift and there sits a leather, floor length, black trenchcoat... ugh. of course I had to act like I liked it because my mom totally thought she was fulfilling one of my dream gifts. but I never once wore it and I think she felt really bad after she realized I didn't like it at all. sorry moms.

great gma with slight demntia once gave me a bottle of ketchup in a silk bag