View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

are 2c's hard on your heart in anyway?

bignbrown

Bluelighter
As long as your not Iving them or anything are 2c;s ok on the hearT? obviously they raise your blood pressure a bit but they arnt known to cause vasoconstrictive effects or anything? thanks.

also would 2c-t-2 be ok after a small amount of alcohol? cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there's good cause to believe that taking 2C's (or any serotonergic psychedelic, for that matter) often for a protracted period of time may have a harmful effect on the heart due to 5ht2b receptor agonism. Acutely, though, the 2C's are, for the most part, are remarkably benign and non-toxic, both to the heart and to the body in general.

As for taking 2C-T-2 after consuming alcohol, that should be fine. Worst case scenario, I suspect the nausea on the come-up could be exacerbated. Beyond that though I don't believe the two are contraindicated.

did a 5mg bump but started thinking it wasnt a good idea so stopped, very mild visuals effects, feel weird, i want to carry on drinking but dont know if its ok? With it being a Maoi and everything, as in would it react negatively and cause a rise in blood pressure?

i feel weird but want to carry on drinking its christmas! Worried about it being a maoi, can anyone confirm? thanks?

if your heart is beating hard and fast all the time, you may want to cool it on the RCs and alch.

^ Pretty sure it isn't. Think t-7 is just noted because it has contributed to deaths, probably in part because of MAOI.

As for alcohol + t-2, should be fine - regardless the amount you drink within reason. The fairly weak MAOI effect will cause no dangerous results from alcohol.

2C-T-2 is, I believe, an MAOI, though substantially less of one than 2C-T-7. Certainly, its MAOI properties aren't strong enough that such a small dose would have a negative interaction with reasonable quantities of alcohol. Still, listen to your body on this one. If the alcohol isn't sitting well, don't push it. While on paper there's no medical reason to be alarmed, everyone's different, so it's still a good idea to be prudent where these things are concerned.

2C-T-2 is, I believe, an MAOI, though substantially less of one than 2C-T-7.

Seems a reasonable assertion, however it confuses me. Does increasing the chain length of the thio-alkyl group on 4 position correspond to an increase in MAOI effects? If so how does chain configuration change things, e.g. t-4 and t-7 both have 3 alkyl carbons after the sulfur, I'm guessing the isoprop would cause less MAOI? T-8 has 3 to, but that's a pretty strained ring so would it even survive in vito long enough to interact with MAO?

Another strange thing is t-9 which has a thiobutyl group on 4 position. This should, from the little I know, imply greater inhibition than t-7 produces. Look at the doses though, Shulgin lists it as 60-100mg, a dose that for 2c-t-7 would probably produce a problematic level of MAOI. Yet from the experiences of t-9, there don't seem to be any problems. Then again there are barely any experiences for t-9, which may in itself be the problem...

I've only done 2c-I before and I didn't reaLly notice anything all that harsh. However my friend who took it with booze said his heart was racing.

We don't know anything about how 2c's effect the heart; preliminary anecdotal evidence seems to indicate they are benign, but we have no facts.

Also, if you are feeling weird, stop drinking. You could be getting dehydrated or exhausted, etc. Just listen to your body, and be responsible about your drinking-- alcohol is a pretty hard drug in general, so exercise caution. :)

^^^

He is smart. don't push it. life is a good thing, no point in jeopardizing it for what must be a mild high. If you feel fine then??????

But if you're asking these questions and feeling strange I can't see you having a good trip anyway so might as well chill. fuck christmas, it'll happen next year

I've gotta say, apart from the theory I have never noticed anything feeling harmful like that from any 2C I've tried (B,C,D,E,I,T-7), while basically all stim empathogens I've tried seem to say: you're within limits with these doses but don't overdo it!

Having said that, thing you could do to make the load heavier (so avoid these) is insufflating significant doses of especially the harder 2C-Xs. From easy to hard I would list them
2C-C < 2C-D < 2C-B < 2C-I = 2C-E < 2C-T-2 < 2C-T-7 (the 2C-T-2 is only my suspicion and 2C-I seems a little more empath stim like at some points while 2C-E can have mighty psychosomatic effects).
I don't really care whether it's MAOI, some kind of cardiovascular or cerebral load or higher levels of 5-HT2 agonism or a combination of these - well I do care but not when the message is the harder 2C-X you take the more careful your approach and ROA should be!!!

That is not to say you shouldn't always be careful but you know what I mean.

As far as vascular constriction, i haven't noticed any real significant signs of it.

I have never felt my heart racing or been in any kind of discomfort heartwise.....

But this is just personal observation, these are research chemicals, we are the ones who figure out what these things specifically do.... generally they are considered pretty benign, we need more scientifically to back it though....

Do remember that Shulgin has tried more of these chemicals than probably anyone breathing, and he has lived for a pretty long time with no really serious health problems with the exception of heart surgery iirc, but when your that old health problems always arise....

One really common thing a lot of people forget about is that smoking over the long term is pretty bad for your heart. Probably significantly larger than eating a psychedelic every now and again....