• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenprobamate

tybamate, emylcamate, procymate (maybe), mebutamate (maybe- this wasn't scheduled, but I think it is now)

im having trouble find info on the pharmacology of the carbamates, i (falsely?) assumed they were anticholinergic based on the archetypal hallucinations with high doses of carisoprodol - it always seemed to produce an anticholinergic stupor the day after (without disinhibition, just total muscular weakness and fatigue)

no, they're GABAergics.

well, some are, the relevant ones here are.. there are some used as chemical weapons.

For me this was a waste of time. Yeah, it does a decent job as a muscle relaxant. But it just sedates the body. Little to no psychological effect for me. Ill save the last if I should ever experience muscle cramps hehe.

I get zero effects from 800-900 mg, even with the wiki article listing the dose as 400-800 mg. And has anyone else who has tried this noticed that it has literally no taste at all? I've sampled a fair number of raw chemicals in my day and they all have some taste to them. The phenprobamate however has zero taste. I'm wondering if I got ripped off by the vendor.

Its practically tasteless because its insoluble in water. Most drugs floating around are pretty soluble in water, and they have to be in solution for you to detect the taste.

8-900 mg does nothing for me as well. 2400 mg was a reasonable dose for me. But I think the dosages listed in wiki is for treating convulsions without getting sedated.

Last edited:
I too am a huge fan of Soma, not having tried meprobamate however I am familiar with downers such as Phenobarbital, Amobarbital, Soma, Benzos (pretty much any ones you can name) and Opioids/Opiates (pretty much anything you can name).

Phenobarbital is okay but for medical reasons not recreational due to the extremily long half life leaving you stumbling around next day/s.

Amobarbital is amazing on the other hand and I'd preffer it over to opioids even.

Soma is in between opioids and amobarbital to me in recreational terms.

Favorite benzo is Temazepam, or Diazepam which always does the trick.

I wanted to point out that just because a drug is a central skellton muscle relaxant, for example Baclofen is terrible. Out of maybe 8 people who tried it including me, each threw up from anything over 1 and a half pill (said 3/day on the bottle). It was disgusting.

Any more information on this substance? A US-based vendor will be carrying it soon and I was just wondering if anyone has any more experience with it.

I'm pretty sure it would considering it will just be an add on, it will potentate benzos quite nicely.

What would be a good dose to potentiate benzos? It sems a gram and up is needed for much noticeable effects on its own, 400-800 mg is states on wiki for assumedly anti-convulsant effects, so for potentiation would a smaller dose of around 500 mg be suffificent?

In lower doses such as 500 mg is the long half-life still experienced the next day?

Again, I love Soma, Alcohol, Benzos, Barbs (not so much pheno or butabital) but Baclofen I could never take.

B/c Soma isn't available in Canada I was prescribed Baclofen 3 10mg a day which I thought was similar.

I would take 1 or 2 and that day I'd be a bit fucked like a few shots of rakia/Slivovitz however by the time Id wake up next day Id be throwing my guts out for at least half that day.

I was confused so were my friends and guys that told me they never throw up (who also had Soma and other drugs) told me from as less as 2 pills they threw up from it next day, hence swearing off from it.

I just hope this isn't one of those fucking things.....

Its nothing like baclofen.

500mg of phenprobamate will not be felt the following day. I've taken up to 3 grams or so and only had minor after-effects the following day. It is certainly not as good as Soma, but its not horrible either if combined with opioids.

Does anyone know anything about other muscle relaxants in this family?
I just noticed these couple on wikipedia, but there isn't any real information.

Styramate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styramate

Febarbamate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Febarbamate

Tybamate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tybamate

^ Tybamate sounds like it has potential as the wiki article refers to it as an anxiolytic, but theres almost no info.

I really like carisoprodol so i'm pretty curious to find out about something similar, maybe better. Any other interesting chems in this family that aren't on wiki?

Personal testing on phenprobamate indicates that it is indeed a decent muscle relaxer, as well as anxiolytic. 1 gram was sufficient to have this test subject all wobbly and feeling a buzz, and was reported to be great in combo with benzos and/or opiates.

hi

i found it useful as a muscle relaxant. Phenobarbital is probably the world's worst gabaergic to be abused. Easy to overdose, such a huge halflife, can't mix with anything. I took 10-25mg (which is a miniscule dose for the stuff) a few hours before i took suboxone, and there was serious potentiation. Was a little scary.

The really scary thing, though, was that three days later i was still noticing potentiation!

There are really very few non-alcohol depressants i've tried that every produced a hangover.
what do you mean by you can't mix it with anything? Are you talking mostly about downers? Please help! I'm getting and order soon! I will be eagerly awaiting your prompt reply. I don't want to hurt myself. Dead seriously, ernie

what do you mean by you can't mix it with anything? Are you talking mostly about downers? Please help! I'm getting and order soon! I will be eagerly awaiting your prompt reply. I don't want to hurt myself. Dead seriously, ernie

You're talking about two different drugs. Phenobarbital is a completely different animal than Phenprobamate. Phenobarbital is as was mentioned particularly dangerous stuff - he's referring to an above post where someone was saying that phenprobamate was a better drug than phenobarbital.

Phenprobamate is far less potent, and probably a whole lot safer.

In general, mixing of depressants (opiates, benzos, alcohol, carbamates, and other gabaergics) is dangerous, though, because their depressant effects are all synergistic, and they all cause respiratory depression. (barbiturates, like phenobarbital, are infamous for being both very easy to have a fatal OD on, and interacting very strongly with other depressants)