• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Mental Health Resources/Treatment Options/Helplines Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DBT Self Help is a great resource for those suffering with Borderline Personality Disorder or those that have a loved one suffering from it. It's also helpful to anyone that wants to learn more about Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, are on a waiting list to get into a DBT group, or for those that have been through DBT as a refresher. Really I think it could be helpful to anyone.

I'm convinced I'm manic and have bpd. I just want to live a productive functional adult life. Aside from the usual drug free exercise therapy and meds routine - has anyone found any good everyday coping mechanisms?

I am going through hell being off of Wellbutrin. My last quarter dose was Feb. 25 and last night I was seeing black shadows. I am itching, have diarrhea and gastrointestinal stuff going on. I also take 30mg of citralopram daily for anxiety and depression. I am freaking out. I can't stop reoccurring thoughts and crying. What can I do. I have xanax here. I feel horrible.

I am going through hell being off of Wellbutrin. My last quarter dose was Feb. 25 and last night I was seeing black shadows. I am itching, have diarrhea and gastrointestinal stuff going on. I also take 30mg of citralopram daily for anxiety and depression. I am freaking out. I can't stop reoccurring thoughts and crying. What can I do. I have xanax here. I feel horrible.

this is a thread to post resources that relate to mental health. It sounds like you need to contact your doctor about what you are going through. Why did you decide to stop the Wellbutrin? Was it prescribed?

http://theicarusproject.net/

This is an excellent resource that challenges the medical model of mental illness. Lots of peer support, great community and a different perspective to bring to a very complex reality.

For those of you who suffer from Social Anxiety Disorder, here is a great forum that I have personally found to be of great help:

Social Anxiety Forums

Prescription Drug Discount Card

I was introduced to a website called NeedyMeds.org and it has helped me a great deal. Most beneficial is the Universal Drug Discount Card they provide (with no obligation to provide any personal info)

Below is an "About Us" copied from their site as well as a list of other services they provide.

NeedyMeds is a 501(c)(3) non-profit information resource devoted to helping people in need find assistance programs to help them afford their medications and costs related to health care. NeedyMeds was founded in 1997 by Richard Sagall, MD and Libby Overly, MSW when Libby was working as a medical social worker in a rural Mississippi. She developed a database of PAP information to help her meet the needs of her clients. When she described this database to Rich, a friend with a medical practice in Bangor, Maine, he conceptualized making the information available on the Internet to make it available to more people. This was the beginning of NeedyMeds.

NeedyMeds' mission is to be the best source of accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date information on programs that help people facing problems paying for medications and health care; to assist those in need in applying to programs; and to provide health-related education using innovative methods.

NeedyMeds is funded by small grants, donations, sponsorships, subscriptions to PAPTracker, and syndication of various database information. NeedyMeds also works with the patient assistance programs of several pharmaceutical distributors.

Patient Assistance Programs
Brand Name Drugs
Generic Name Drugs
Program List
Company List
PAP Applications
Coupons, Rebates & More
Application Assistance

Additional Resources
Diagnosis-Based Assistance
Free/Low Cost Clinics
NeedyMeds Drug Discount Card