Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy LSD & Shroom Tolerance FAQ and Discussion Thread

LSD:

Day 1: 100%
Day 2: 200%
Day 4: 150%
Day 7: 110%
Day 10+: 100%

Not too sure about mushrooms. Yesterday, I took 1.75 g of Penis Envies (dried) and was rather unimpressed. Then again, I took them on a pretty full stomach and had taken 20 mg of diazepam earlier.

I was thinking of taking my remaining 1.75 g later today or tomorrow (on an empty stomach and no diazepam), and taking some Syrian Rue an hour beforehand. Would this provide a stronger trip?

Thanks.

Tomorrow! Diazepam lingers in your body for a very long time. Syrian Rue is great I had an amzing Mescaline trip with the Rue.

But it's something you must really research before you go ahead with.

with shrooms, this is all i know from experience.

1 day after- same dose as day before, but no effect whatsoever.

Hah I guess you would have to've had a seriously epic tripping phase in your life for there to be enough datapoints to know by heart all 4 of the values we are looking for.
Let's wait a bit longer for peops to help this mini-project, after that it will be averaged and put into a graph. We can always correct if future datapoints appear to differ significantly.

There is already a new project standing in queue after this we can all benefit from, I can disclose that much already.

I've done LSA on day 1, double LSA on day 2, then on day 5 did 1.3 hits of decent LSD and didn't really break through.. just enhanced colours, some patterns, and emotional amplification.

Mushrooms I've always had to take double each consecutive dose. Waiting 1 week for either I'm back to 120%, a few days later 100%.

However, I've done PEAs (400/400 Mescaline, 15/20 2c-i, 15/26 2c-e, 23/25mg 2c-t-2) before, once a day, with no tolerance to the effects (mescaline was last).

Thanks for the info and welcome to Bluelight!

Of course we'd like to hear everyone's experience with this although I have to
emphasize that to contribute to the data youd have to 've been sober first for
at least a week, then trip on acid or mushrooms and then a number of days
later trip again. :)

End of the month I will create the FAQ...
(and this project will be unstickified to make room for another)

My first time taking anything I usually spend a few days back to back with the substance

for psilocybin mushrooms I had the first day eaten .5 grams, and felt it, a giggly stoning, saying poetic jibberish. second day I had eaten 2.5 grams and hallucinate visually for my first time, by seeing fractals with my minds eye. then the day after that i took 5 grams of mushrooms or a bit more and had to play video games to keep from wigging out, still a very intense experience after eating a dose half the size the day before, doubling up still had a more than expected effect.

shrooms - 10 grams semilceanta - utter bliss - same the next day delivers a mere hint a flash a vaguely recalled event lost in time & space - sorry about your lack of numbers this is beyond my wish to count out ATM.
I have a feeling the longer you do psychedelics the more permanently tolerant you become to them - taking breaks is always good - mostly anyway

I figure I'm better off asking here. It seems like the general consensus for shrooms is a week for the tolerance to be back to normal? I know for acid everybody generally agrees that 2 weeks is all it takes, but I'm still a little unsure about shrooms. Anyway, it doesn't matter because I've never tried them. Now, I know acid and shrooms share a cross tolerance, so does that mean if I do acid, I should wait a full 2 weeks before doing shrooms so they hit me with their full potential?

Thanks!

A week at least to get the best mileage IMO

Even though it takes a full two weeks for acid to acid? So acid to shrooms should only be a week?

Thanks for the response, I'm taking them tomorrow, a full eight!

^ YMMV according to lots of potential different parameters

Plot is finished for the average numbers you contributed, if you think this is not right please tell us your doses and it will be updated over time.

Again, some people don't seem to understand but this is NOT about subsequent redosing. This is about a single redose a certain number of days after the initial trip. So on day 1 I take 100 micrograms, on day 3 I would need about 175 micrograms of LSD to trip about as hard, for instance.

All right this should once and for all clarify the shape of this curve for people so that everybody understands that it's not like you need to wait 5 days after a trip and suddenly the tolerance goes away, this is a sort of logarithmic curve!

One of these days I will type up a FAQ using this plot to explain a few things about tolerance, which can be used for future reference if people ask 'how long until I can trip again?'.

Thanks for your contributions so far! Keep them coming <3

I'm gonna go ahead and make all posts invisible that give the wrong impression (about subsequent redosing which is not the point here)

Gonna be de-stickified soon to make place for a new project.

Last edited:
I took mushrooms once a week for around 5 months, and never noticed any tolerance from one weekend to the next.

^ Oddly enough i once fucked a mescaline trip which was sublime at the time by taking acid - I was dismayed.

The one time I took San Pedro and LSD together, I felt that the LSD was essentially wasted, as the mescaline was really all I could feel, despite taking a hit of good acid (enough for me to fly high if I had taken it by itself). However, the LSD may have also taken something away from the mescaline, I felt. I resolved never to combine these two things again.

Fungus

So, I noticed...

Effects
Day 2: 150%
Day 4: 125%
Day 7: 110%
Day 10: 105%
Day 14: 100%

"Magic"
Day 2: 0%
Day 4: 10%
Day 7: 25%
Day 10: 40%
Day 14: 50%
Day 21: 65%
Day 28: 80%
Day 40: 90% (extrapolated)
Day 60: 100% (extrapolated)

I had an ounce of the magical little friends fairly recently, and kind of experimented with tolerence-bliss-effects intentionally. This is what I came up with.

Day 2 : 125%
Day 5 : 105%
Day 7 : 75% <---- I don't know how to explain this, so don't bother asking :(

(LSD)

I can (maybe.) Not every blotter, even from the same sheet, contains the same amount of LSD. Perhaps what you thought had the same amount of LSD as the other hits you took in fact had plenty more, thus causing what you think is a reverse tolerance.