• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy LSD & Shroom Tolerance FAQ and Discussion Thread

I have a question. For example if I took 6 hits and tripped balls friday. Then took 1 hit the next day and didnt trip hard, then took 6 hits 2 days later, if I take 16 hits a day after taken those 6 hits will I still trip? The only time I actually tripped was that friday, did the 6 hits and 1 hit that didnt make me trip add to my tolerance?

I couldn't see how you wouldn't trip from 16 hits even after that amount of tripping, unless of course the hits were extremely week. Of course the 6 hits and the 1 hit that didn't make you trip would both have added to your tolerance, however it wouldn't be so severely high that you wouldn't feel 16 hits. I'd expect the 16 hits to feel somewhere between what 6-8 hits would feel like with no tolerance after that dosing.

Seems like a huge waste to me and I wouldn't do it. Why are you tripping so often anyway? In my experience it really ruins the magic of the experience to trip so often, except for a few special occasions like a multiple day festival etc.

I couldn't see how you wouldn't trip from 16 hits even after that amount of tripping, unless of course the hits were extremely week. Of course the 6 hits and the 1 hit that didn't make you trip would both have added to your tolerance, however it wouldn't be so severely high that you wouldn't feel 16 hits. I'd expect the 16 hits to feel somewhere between what 6-8 hits would feel like with no tolerance after that dosing.

Seems like a huge waste to me and I wouldn't do it. Why are you tripping so often anyway? In my experience it really ruins the magic of the experience to trip so often, except for a few special occasions like a multiple day festival etc.

For some reason I can't get acid to last me more than 4 days after purchase. The 16 hits only gave me a psychological buzz, I guess the 1 or 2 hits refreshed the buzz. Now If I took 16 and I wait 10 days, 100% of 16 is 16, when will I be able to trip off the 1 hit I have saved? 10 days? I ran out of 35 hits of acid in like 5 days. 5 hits, 2 hits, 4 hits, 16 hits and I dont know what the fuck happened to the rest. I've been doing this for a while now and it's really pissing me off. I cant tell my dumb fucking mind that I should not be eating more than 4-5 per week. Im always excited thinking its going to last me 1-2 months and I just keep eating the fucking shit even though I dont trip sometimes I just get the psychological effect. Fuck my life, next week is take 2, I need to train my brain to eat the shit once every 4 days only but thats so hard, craving answers can lead to psycho results /: 900 Dollars down the drain and still no religious experience (Although the 5 hit trip I took was close)

You're kidding, aren't you?

What do you mean "no trip, just psychological effect"?
You certainly shouldn't dose acid once every 4 days, more like once every 40 days.
Mind you, eating that much psychedelics takes all the 'magic' out of the experience, no wonder you don't have religious experiences. Refrain from dosing for some months and try again.

^ As above. If you want to enjoy psychedelics regularly you should be tripping at most once a week. And even though this will keep tolerance low, 2 weeks is really necessary for baseline tolerance - and even tripping every 2 weeks will lead to some psychological tolerance that'll take away from the meaningfulness and magic of your trips.

I try to space trips out at least a month with a few exceptions here and there, e.g. tripping 2 days in a row for a festival, or every now and then only spacing two trips a week or two apart.

Tripping several days in a row like you did is going to bring you further and further from the "religious experience" you seek, rather than closer. With your current tolerance I'd say give it at least a month, and if you do not achieve what you wanted - don't just try and double the dose the next day, since that won't work, but wait at least a couple of weeks before trying again.

Also, what kind of "religious experience" are you after? If you're referring to ++++ experiences, e.g. ego death etc, even taking an extremely high dose by no means guarantees ++++, though it does tend to make it slightly more likely with most compounds.

However, if ego death in particular is what you're after, the attitude you're taking psychedelics with - trying to force this experience with repeated high doses, is likely to completely prevent you from ever experiencing it until you change, take a step back, and treat the substances with more respect.

Hello Bluelight Community! I wrote my first Trip report it is another thread.
I need help with knowing how Tolerance builds up to shrooms, I took .5 G yesterday afternoon just for the heck of it. If I take 1 g today will my trip be less intense:? I am a bit confused as to how shrooms work the Tolerance aspect . I only have 2.5 Grams left of my shrooms. So if I took .5 G yesterday how much should I take today to have a real good trip.??? I am able to handle my trips though.

Last week I took 1 G of shrooms and I wrote my report in another Thread it was one of the most Beautiful things that happened in my life. I always feel a strong afterglow from Shrooms!

I stopped taking my antidepressant Trazodone for a week. Due to the fact that I know it effects my mushroom trips, I only use trazodone as needed as a sleep aid. So it won't effect my shroom trip. SO I took .5G yesterday good trip very manageable last week on Friday I took 1 G had the best trip of my life now I want to know how much I have to take tonight or tommorrow night so Tolerance won't have an effect cause I want to trip good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose the search function could help you, but just for the heck of it:

- nobody knows
- physical tolerance of 1mediumlevel trip should be away after 7days
- psychological tolerance is a personal thing..

You should be able to trip but sometimes when I see these "I want to trip then and then what happens to my tolerance"-threads I tend to think this was not how it's meant to be used.
But we're all free of course. :)

I took shrooms for the first time last week and I will tell you its one of the things that truly has a profound effect on you, but I enjoy all the effects of Shrooms Oversensitization, feeling of connection with the Universe, Taking a walk in the forest or park after my shrooms is amazing time seems to sit still and the sun shines through the trees, the children are playing people are walking living breathing, and I feel a true peace everything is great about this world, unexplainable.

The after glows give me a new look on life I am better able to deal with things, so that is why I ask about Tolerance because I am in the mood to trip again.

and I did more scientific research on Shrooms seems like they dampen Brain activity instead of enhancing it . They let us use our visual and hearing capabilities to a great extend, but the feeling of oneness with nature and calm inner peace I don't know where it comes from.
You have to be out in Nature on shrooms best thing.

How where shrooms ment to be used?
I think they are great for bonding between Humans.

The after glows give me a new look on life I am better able to deal with things, so that is why I ask about Tolerance because I am in the mood to trip again.

I hear you completely but in my experience the afterglows go down if you start tripping more.. Don't want to sound beligerent, just harm-reducting !

I agree, you can say goodbye to those afterglows and hello to hangovers if you trip to often.

Best to wait to experience all of the positive effects you are talking about.

wait let me tell you how much I tripped this last week. I tripped last week on Friday with 1g to 1.50 G of real potent Shrooms. Then I tripped yesterday on .5 G of Shrooms a Minor trip nonetheless it seems all of my shrooms trips are so enlightening they always leave me feeling easy the next day. Shrooms are an unbelievable drug.
Do you think I could take 1.5 G tonight or should I wait a bit????

How does Marijuana affect the Shroom experience??? I seem to be having the most intense afterglow today.
I smoked some skunk during the later part of my .5G shroom trip. I was so tired last night I KO slept 7 hours and today I got this f'''''' new perspective on life.
All of my anxiety is destroyed.

Shrooms make me realize things and analyze those things in the afterglow. Things such as friends and our place in the world and who our true friends our, and it made me realize just how important my sister is to me. Wow they are truly therapeutic and incredible tools to be used.

Woah!

Next time, use the "Edit" function instead of quadruple posting. ;)

Your tolerance will be decent at this point. It varies, but I would suggest increasing your dose by 25% at this point. Be warned though that the experience has good chances of being a lot less deep this time around, but it's your choice.

I'm curious about redosing. Information I've found online suggests that if you redose shrooms within two hours, they will have an effect, but after three hours, your tolerance has built completely. What interests me is, if you take say 1.25g to start with, then another 1.25g two hours later, does that just prolong the trip or does it increase the intensity to a 2.5g trip? Anyone tried this?

I'd like to know because my last mushroom experience was unbelievably bad, so I want to start light this time, but I also want the possibility of increasing the dosage if I sense I'm handling it fine.

Hey OP whats the rush to have them so often? They are far better if you have them less often as they stay magical.

ahahahahaha wow im tripping balls right now. I ended up taking 1.5 G through out the night in capsules and I had a crazy ass trip thats all that matters peeps.

I can pretty much guarantee if you keep tripping at that rate the magical feeling you get from tripping will feel normal and it will not be as fun.

why do i love to trip? Do you have msn? lol or skype i want to talk to somebody that is pro at tripping!

I had an amazing euphoria again, lol. Its insanity, like crazy but great.

I know about the Tolerance but can I experience the beauty of life through this window??? I always deal with problems issues and this made me realize so much to this life. Like im having crazy visuals and a good trip and I just want to share it with the bluelight community I love you all.
>3 harm reduction and much love to you all

dude you guys please like understand what i felt mentally tonight. I hugged this girl i liked and its like the Universe was warping on us, it was so beautiful.

Why are all positive and negative emotions ampliefied by 100 times???

I love tripping?

somebody teach me how to use shrooms properly I don't want to end being to silly on em' I love em though so mystical and therapeutic!

why do my shrooms have such a intense body high wtf is going??? lol
I am tired now.
Keep up the updates.

somebody teach me how to use shrooms properly I don't want to end being to silly on em' I love em though so mystical and therapeutic!

use them with a goal in mind, to work through things, appreciate art and beauty or to view life in a different light. You can use them just for fun too but that mystical feeling of awe and wonder will fade the more often you use them.

for the questions regarding tolerance, generally when you redose a few hours after a first dose it will prolong the experience unless you double your dose or something. If you trip a few times a week you will notice your trips aren't near as deep. If you try to trip more than 2 days in a row you will notice significant tolerance ie. you have to take 3 times your regular dose to feel a lesser effect.

@flickering: 2.5g at once would hit you much harder than if dosed separately by a few hours. The second dose may allow you to have a smaller peak and will extend the experience but will not be near as intense as if you did it all at once.

Thanks RobotRipping. I might keep an extra 1.75g handy... depending on how brave I'm feeling.

I am gonna leave my 1G of shrooms for next week. Done tripping this week its enough I will wait for 5-6 days or 7 days and then I'lll trip again. PS any advice on how to prolong the afterglow I love my afterglows truly amazing!!!
It gives my a world a completely new perspective wow these shrooms opened my mind like never before.