Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides The Big & Dandy LSD & Shroom Tolerance FAQ and Discussion Thread

lsd:
day 1: took 1 suger cubes (3 hits) 100%
day 4: took 2 suger cubes (6 hits) 200%
day 7: took 2 suger cubes (6 hits) 200% and tripped so hard that I am sure I only would of needed one.

Can anyone explain this to me? Not this past saturday, but the one before that, I took 2 tabs of LSD for my first trip. Then, this past friday, I took 6 tabs (Good tabs, so I've heard). I took the first one, then maybe 30 min later 2 more, then 30 min later 1 more, then within the next hour 2 more. However, my trip was great, very philosophical thoughts, with great pattern like visuals. However, my visuals weren't as intense as I thought they might be. For example, Albert Hofmann's first trip was 250ug, where he described thinking his neighbor was a witch or something. Let's say my tabs were at the VERY least, 50ug. At 300ug, I would have expected greater visuals. Why are my visuals/trip not THAT intense?

People seem to be giving saying acid takes longer than shooms, or is at least different- maybe you should think about specifying the difference on the first post, or doing a seperate line on the graph?

Nice chart btw, useful

Last edited:
With 4-AcO-DMT-

it was reported to me by my friend who did it, that he did 12mg one day then 3 days later a 14mg dosage - he said that it was the same intensity, if not better.

Another friend of ours took 28mg over the course of a night, then with one day gap in between did 14mg, and said that the 14mg was a bit more intense...I think this is because he did the 2nd 14mg (day 1) 3 hours later than the 1st dose.

Have no recollection of doses with 2C-B anymore, this is the only psychedelic I have binged on, so to speak. Did it every day - 2 days for about 2 weeks.

I can try it again, as I am getting some more, for research's sake of course ;)

Can anyone explain this to me? Not this past saturday, but the one before that, I took 2 tabs of LSD for my first trip. Then, this past friday, I took 6 tabs (Good tabs, so I've heard). I took the first one, then maybe 30 min later 2 more, then 30 min later 1 more, then within the next hour 2 more. However, my trip was great, very philosophical thoughts, with great pattern like visuals. However, my visuals weren't as intense as I thought they might be. For example, Albert Hofmann's first trip was 250ug, where he described thinking his neighbor was a witch or something. Let's say my tabs were at the VERY least, 50ug. At 300ug, I would have expected greater visuals. Why are my visuals/trip not THAT intense?
Remember that you were expecting to trip, rather than getting totally blindsided by the worlds first LSD experience.

Of course the larger the dose was on Day 1, the longer your tolerance will last.

And it will build exponentially if you keep it up day after day.

So the curve in the graph should perhaps be rendered as a field instead of a line ;)

Do Psilobyn mushrooms and Cid have corresponding tolerances ? Once i took 3 trips and done half a wrap of 2CE and a capsule of 2CB along with A gram of ketamine isufflated over the experience and also i smoked 3.5 of some nice Bud. 2 days later i ate a gram of mushrooms i had aquired at a party and had little effect usual to when im coming up on them, but over the whole experience. This is strange for me as i have only ever ingested them twice before and had strong hallucinations as i only weigh 7.6st, So i ask, Are the tolerances linked ?

I know I've let this pet project snooze a bit after I gave you the graph, my apologies.

A Basics / FAQ about psychedelic tolerance is still something that I would like (to make).

Perhaps in the meanwhile I may welcome you to ask FAQs ? So: not something you do not know, something you want to know yourself but something a newb might ask other than 'how long should I wait in between'...

Any info on cross tolerance for tryptamines / PEAs is also very welcome. I've heard Xorkoth say some time (or more than once) he had a period of serious tryptamine tolerance.

How much is cross-tolerance and how much is psychological tolerance, that is one of the harder questions I would say.

Which is why LysergicEphiphany's question is a bit tricky. LSD is a very atypical type of tryptamine but IIRC the intact structure of tryptamine is in LSD.

All of these psychedelics you name, whether tryptamine or PEA are serotonin agonists so they overlap in action om some sense and are not worlds apart. So pharmacologically speaking the tolerance is linked, psychologically as well because you get used to the altered state and the transition into it and out of it more and more.
Often nothing new about yourself or the world will come out after a while because there is nothing (much) hiding. Sure you can get visuals and other effects but it doesn't turn your world upside down because you had never experienced before or forgot about the states of consciousness that are so out of the ordinary.

Perhaps a FAQ is non-sensical and we should just use this thread to address the issue / topic at hand?

Which part of the curved line.field represents me ?

I took jhalf a tab of acid one time and felt nothing but later on in the day i had a full tab of the same stuff and i was completely off my face, so its difficult to say.

Psychedelic effects are by definition not precisely predictable, sometimes even wildly unpredictable. But that doesn't keep us from advising people to take certain starting doses or say that an 1/8 is some kind of widely accepted standard for shrooms.

B9, the curves x axis represents days between trip 1 and the next one, the y axis represents the indicated dose for trip 2 to achieve somewhere around the same 'level' of subjective effects had in trip 1. You're an individual, you don't adhere to either of these axes, but the fact that you're an unique person in an ever so unique setting can warp this graph which is why its a generalization and not fact. I thought I disclaimed that reliable results could be calculated from this.

The goal was to have some kind of an idea for the tons of people asking in PD, having little to no clue. This is a clue :D

If after a certain time this graph says 200% of your normal dose is needed because of tolerance, it can be deduced that your normal dose would then give 50% of the level of the effects of trip 1, by inversion of the value.

I must have explained all this badly before, or you are toying with me.... :D

_____

For those of you who don't know I have had personal problems that I am dealing with, which are already making improvements on my life - healthy again which I havent been in certain ways for quite some time.
I say this because it means I wont be mod for much longer, and continuation of projects like reorganization of index and B&D structure, the community project (which I am sad to say I have been neglected for long until Xorky started to save it) and also this tolerance FAQ are put on indefinite hold.

I welcome people to contribute not only to this initial stage which is done (the curve) but datapoints are always welcome, but also
to the last stage which is just a clear actual FAQ that doesn't have to be that long at all.
Who knows. Maybe there is place in my life again soon to still do these things myself. :)

Last edited:
I've been doing some experimenting with mushroom tolerance and my findings have been quite different from the data displayed on the graph. Basically, I've found consistently that there's no lessened effects from taking mushrooms two days in a row; in fact, my experience has been almost the exact opposite. I have found that when I trip on mushrooms two days in a row, the second trip is usually the stronger one without any substantial increase in dosage.

So here's my story: I've taken mushrooms six times and LSD once in the course of the previous two months. Four of those instances were me taking mushrooms on back-to-back days. My previous experience with psychedelic substances includes extensive exploration of mushrooms, DMT, mescaline, LSA, LSD, cannabis, and salvia divinorum over the past 3-4 years.

1. 17-Sep - Dosed 3.5g dried cubensis mushrooms. Went to the beach. Reached only about a ++, never really got overwhelmed by the experience. Time becomes inconsistent, some wavy visuals, displacement into childhood memories, empathy, dissociation, anxiety. Not much euphoria, until finally "the horizon takes me in, and the infinity of space wraps around me; I look into the sky and see a fractal "deity" in the clouds, and I begin talking to myself in a voice that soon becomes not-mine, takes over my thoughts and speaks for me. He says, "We're always here...whether you orient yourself properly to see us or not--that is your choice." And I knew what he shrooms were trying to tell me all night." (taken from trip journal) But the trip wasn't a full-blown psychedelic experience, I was only able to channel that message because of my familiarity with the substance. The trip never really "launched off" as I like to say.

2. NEXT DAY: 18-Sep - I take another 3.5g dried cubensis. I was worried that my tolerance from the previous day would lessen the trip so this time I grind up the mushrooms and place them in lemon juice for a few minutes before drinking them down in one gulp. Everyone of course knows that this method has been shown to intensify the mushroom experience by up to 3.5x. But all that aside, whether it was largely the result of the lemon tek or not, the tolerance from the previous day did not weigh down the trip at all. I had an insane +++ trip bordering on a ++++. First I got closed-eye geometric patterns, then arrived at a DMT-like shifting vortex sensorium, crazy characters in my head (my spine becomes a constantly-rotating barbershop pole alternating face and hands instead of red/white stripes), waves of color, and giddy euphoric giggling/laughing, things glow and move, music explodes, thoughts dance and skee-daddle in my head.
______

3. 23-Oct - I drop 3 tabs of acid (two fairly weak, one really strong) and one pill of an unknown amount of MDMA at a rave. I have an insanely awesome +++ trip, dancing, euphoria, wild visual hallucination, etc. etc.

4. 30-Oct - Dose 1.5g dried psilocybe cubensis mushroom. Just eat them down straight. I go to a party and have a really good time. No anxious come up (typical for me on shrooms). Just a great body-high, euphoria and slight waves/vibrations in my visual perception. Perfect for a mellow house party. The trip is about a + or even less perhaps.

5. NEXT DAY 31-Oct - Dose 2.0g dried psilocybe cubensis mushroom (same batch). This is the most unexpected result. This time, I wanted to see what the tolerance issue would amount to if I used the same administration method as the day before. So I just gobbled the shrooms down plain. And let me tell you, the tolerance might as well have been REVERSE TOLERANCE. I'm not saying that's what it was, but I only upped the dose by 33% (that's 133% of my previous dose) and I had a +++ trip bordering on a ++++. Went to a dance party and felt like I was lost in the flow of reality, bordering on ego death at times. Shifting colors and strong wavy OEV, crazy strong CEV, euphoria, empathy, time dilation, insight, paradoxical feeling of normalcy and total alteration, etc.

In conclusion, I have not found that tolerance hampers next-day tripping with psilocybe cubensis mushrooms. I have consistently had better experiences on the second day when I had taken them the previous day.
Usually there is less anxiety and a better, stronger peak.

Even if my findings are just an anomaly and I am an exception to the rule, I recommend that if you want to take mushrooms two days in a row, you administer the first day's dose by just eating the mushrooms straight; then, on the second day, dose the same amount ground up in lemon juice (lemon tek) and I can almost guarantee you will have a trip at least as strong as the previous if not stronger.

So don't let all this tolerance talk worry you--it can still be done.

everyone's tolerance is different, subjectively.

bumpity bump

lsd tolerance question

i understand that you build a tolerance to lsd extremely quickly so if i dosed on thursday would my tolerance be back down by saturday?

It's about a 3 week window I've heard.....If your gonna trip again that soon you'll just need to take more to get there.1 week wait time or longer obviously to repeat is best IME

I took 1.5 Tabs on Friday, then Sunday took 2.5 tabs and tripped pretty much just as hard. Tabs all from the same batch by the way.

Hope that gives you an idea of what to plan for. Remember not to trip this often on a regular basis though.

from thursday to saturday its just a bit over a day. you will have to increase the dose, and might not have the same intensity as the first time. but it is possible (in theory of course).

one thing i have noticed though, ime, is that psychs can vary wildly in effects, even with tolerance, so in the interest of harm reduction, you might want to NOT risk tripping so soon, on a high dose of lsd the second time, as this might have adverse effects that woudlve gone unnoticed otherwise. so just be careful ;)

Merging with the general thread on this, check out the graph on the first page to see what the average person says about this.
If you need help reading it just ask.

Oh and looking at the graph it doesnt return to 100% completely after 14 days so that is a little error. It can take a while until your trips are as intense as before, quite a while in fact. I think as long as you carry with you the memory of that kind of experience you cannot be surprised as much. It's more a matter of expectations or getting used to the possibility of such states of consciousness than anything else.

Last edited:
I have a question. For example if I took 6 hits and tripped balls friday. Then took 1 hit the next day and didnt trip hard, then took 6 hits 2 days later, if I take 16 hits a day after taken those 6 hits will I still trip? The only time I actually tripped was that friday, did the 6 hits and 1 hit that didnt make me trip add to my tolerance?

Theres no way anyone can answer this question with a definite. You might, you might not. One the you really want to think about is why waste? 16 hits could easily make 4 amazing trips depending on the quality. Why would one want to use 16 just to get an okay trip instead of waiting another week or 2? idk just my opinion