Best Song of 09 Contest *Voting Thread*

Out of the choices, which song do you think was the best of 09?

• Fake Blood - Mars (Jack Beats Remix)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zinc - Bunt Edge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, after a lot of deliberation, MDMAhead's vote has gone to............'Sub Focus - Last Jungle'

:)

Voted for La Roux, would have liked to have seen Infected Mushroom - Smashing the Opponent on there

voted for boys noize - jeffer, he has done so much for that niche sound in electonic dance music, and no one produces a well sounding, busy, noisy, electric track like he does.

ps do mod votes count for two? :)

pss will be banging out that track into 2010, get ready! you'll prolly here it in the US thizzer :D

lol sykik :D

Im actually seeing Boys Noize NYE! I cant waittttt
3rd time seeing him!

I love that mix. He brings in new age electronica and house and mixes it with oldschool electronica and house. I believe he's DJing, so im very excited!

I love that mix. He brings in new age electronica and house and mixes it with oldschool electronica and house. I believe he's DJing, so im very excited!

Hope you have a great night, Thizzer! - make sure you give us all a full report!!!

I don't really 'get' Shpongle either. I mean I haven't heard that many of their tracks, but, of what I've heard, there's only 1 track I really like, and 'I Am You' isn't it. If I wanna listen to some chilled-out psychadelic music, I'll listen to Primal Scream/The Orb/Aphex Twin :)

Which track do you like? Believe it or not, but Shpongle's album have decent amount of variety. The first one is all spaced out and the closest to "standard" ambient. The second one has more psytrance in while combining more "world music" elements. Third one brings even "world music" elements and is structured as a mix cd. The fourth one is something like a more polished and slightly less spaced out version of the fourth album.

Btw, Shpongle is nothing like The Orb or Apex Twin. They all fall under psychedelic music, but IMO you can't really compare them with each other. The former is much more inspired by psytrance, while the latter are much more related to ambient.

Btw, Have you ever heard the track "...and the Day Turned to Night"? It's quite the something...

Which track do you like? Believe it or not, but Shpongle's album have decent amount of variety. The first one is all spaced out and the closest to "standard" ambient. The second one has more psytrance in while combining more "world music" elements. Third one brings even "world music" elements and is structured as a mix cd. The fourth one is something like a more polished and slightly less spaced out version of the fourth album.

Btw, Shpongle is nothing like The Orb or Apex Twin. They all fall under psychedelic music, but IMO you can't really compare them with each other. The former is much more inspired by psytrance, while the latter are much more related to ambient.

Btw, Have you ever heard the track "...and the Day Turned to Night"? It's quite the something...

The track I love is Shpongle - Room 2 Om

I think the trouble is..........you say that Shpongle are more inspired by psytrance, and I don't generally like psytrance.

I'll have a listen to 'And the day turned to night' now, and I'll let you know what I think. Are there any other Shpongle tracks you could recommend to me, based on your knowledge of my music taste? (check my 'Top 5 electronic producers' if you need a reminder of what I'm into :) )

Damn I was asleep through both the nominations and the poll.

Guess I would have voted for Skream's Lets get ravey mix of in for the kill, although I reckon the Cut N Run "In for the pill" bootleg is a million times better.

The track I love is Shpongle - Room 2 Om

I think the trouble is..........you say that Shpongle are more inspired by psytrance, and I don't generally like psytrance.

I'll have a listen to 'And the day turned to night' now, and I'll let you know what I think. Are there any other Shpongle tracks you could recommend to me, based on your knowledge of my music taste? (check my 'Top 5 electronic producers' if you need a reminder of what I'm into :) )

Yeah Room 2 Om is quite the track, very chill as well. I think I have a decent idea of the kind of stuff you like. :)

Check out these tracks:

Shpongle Falls (Much closer to regular ambient than most Shpongle tracks)
Dorset Perception (their most accessible song IMHO, even 'normal' chicks like it)
Star-Shpongled Banner (my favorite Shpongle track, very very intense)
Invisible Man In A Fluorescent Suit
Outer Shpongolia
Mentalism

There also some awesome tracks from the remix album:
Shpongle - Crystal Skulls (Western Rebel Alliance Remix)
...And The Day Turned To Fright (Eat Static Remix)
My Head Feels Like A Frisbee (Delusions Of Grandeur Remix)
Around The World In A Tea Daze (Ott Remix) (!!!)

Too bad we didn't get more voters in here, we could of got a good tally. I feel there's not enough voters to determine a best songof 09. But who knows, maybe some more people will vote with this BUMP!.

Shpongle - And The Day Turned To Night - nice and chilled - 6/10

Shpongle - Shpongle Falls - again, nice and chilled, although you can hear the psytrance influence in the synths (in a good way). Cool vocal sample too - that's actually a Manchester accent :) - 7/10

Shpongle - Dorset Perception - really nice - I've definitely heard that guitar before ,although can't think where. I loved the vocals too. 7/10.

Shpongle - Star Shpongled Banner - I wouldn't say it was that intense - I thought it was just nice - I really liked the 4/4 beat that came in - it turned the track into a kindof psychadelic house track - 7/10.

Shpongle - Invisible Man In A Fluorescent Suit - nice and chilled, with some nice real instruments, and some cool drug references towards the end :) - 6/10.

Shpongle - Outer Shpongolia - really interesting - the broken beat and double-bass reminded me a bit of Roni Size/Reprazent - 7/10.

Shpongle - Mentalism - nice and chilled - the bassline reminded me of 'Safe From Harm' by Massive Attack, but not as melodic (or as good) as 'Safe From Harm'. 6/10.

I didn't like any of those tracks as much as I like 'Room 2 Om', although I probably do need to hear them all again whilst on drugs (or coming down from drugs) in order to appreciate them properly :)

Shpongle - And The Day Turned To Night - nice and chilled - 6/10

Shpongle - Shpongle Falls - again, nice and chilled, although you can hear the psytrance influence in the synths (in a good way). Cool vocal sample too - that's actually a Manchester accent :) - 7/10

Shpongle - Dorset Perception - really nice - I've definitely heard that guitar before ,although can't think where. I loved the vocals too. 7/10.

Shpongle - Star Shpongled Banner - I wouldn't say it was that intense - I thought it was just nice - I really liked the 4/4 beat that came in - it turned the track into a kindof psychadelic house track - 7/10.

Shpongle - Invisible Man In A Fluorescent Suit - nice and chilled, with some nice real instruments, and some cool drug references towards the end :) - 6/10.

Shpongle - Outer Shpongolia - really interesting - the broken beat and double-bass reminded me a bit of Roni Size/Reprazent - 7/10.

Shpongle - Mentalism - nice and chilled - the bassline reminded me of 'Safe From Harm' by Massive Attack, but not as melodic (or as good) as 'Safe From Harm'. 6/10.

I didn't like any of those tracks as much as I like 'Room 2 Om', although I probably do need to hear them all again whilst on drugs (or coming down from drugs) in order to appreciate them properly :)

Didn't know about the Manchester accent lol. But yeah do check it out when on LSD or some psychedelic. MDMA works as well, but not as good IMO. Candyflip works the best. :D