• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

500 Things to Do After Snorting Quetiapine

I visited a friend last night & when i arrived he seemed very out of his head. He said he'd sniffed 'suzie q'; i thought wtf is that some kind of legal high?

He said it was Quetiapine aka seroquel & the guy who gave him a few said it gave a cocaine like high, i was like "man he's bullshitted you, my ex used to drop those after a meph binge & she said they put her down before she made it to bed"!

So i came on bluelight to reseach & waas astonished that some people out there have the idea that it cold resemble coke.

The mere thought of using an antipsychotic to catch a buzz makes my skin crawl.

it's abuse isn't to get a "high" unless its I.V'ed with cocaine to make a "Q-ball"(similar concept to a speedball, but the seroquel just knocks you out after the coke rush and some have reported an added "trippy" effect).

its "abuse" or illicit use comes from the fact that tweakers use it to knock themselves out after strong stimulant binges, and its dopamine blockade also prevents the urge to keep fiending and redosing.

i have railed(and just swallowed) seroquel on rough stimulant comedowns(combined with a long acting benzo to make things "smoother), and for that purpose it really is useful.

it's abuse isn't to get a "high" unless its I.V'ed with cocaine to make a "Q-ball"(similar concept to a speedball, but the seroquel just knocks you out after the coke rush and some have reported an added "trippy" effect).

its "abuse" or illicit use comes from the fact that tweakers use it to knock themselves out after strong stimulant binges, and its dopamine blockade also prevents the urge to keep fiending and redosing.

i have railed(and just swallowed) seroquel on rough stimulant comedowns(combined with a long acting benzo to make things "smoother), and for that purpose it really is useful.

Likewise they're "abused" by people on weekend detention here not to get high but to make sleeping away the majority of the weekend possible (a lot of weekenders try to get hold of benzos for the same reason) - they have the added bonus that they won't show up in a random drug test.

I now that different drugs affect people in different ways, but there's nothing about Seroquel at either low or high doses which feels to me anything at all like coke. I suspect that those people who report it giving them stimulant effects are doing so because that's what they expect - kind of like some people act drunk if they think they've had a lot of alcohol.

I imagine it's a good fast-onset anxiolytic. I would expect snorted quetiapine to immediately halt a panic attack.

try actually mixing it with coke. we call that a Q-ball around here, and it can get pretty wacky.

I imagine it's a good fast-onset anxiolytic. I would expect snorted quetiapine to immediately halt a panic attack.

I take the instant release version for bipolar disorder. In the past I've taken Xanax for panic attacks. The two definitely feel quite different for me. Whereas Xanax would take away any anxiety the effect of Seroquel is more one of feeling distant and detached from anxiety/worry/stress - like you're observing it from the outside or through thick glass.

The onset for both is rapid though - there's definitely a noticeable change in how you feel soon after dosing.

i dont mean to sound like a drug snob, but when you think about the first illegal drugs, heroin and cocaine, and that it took years for amphetamines to become outlawed. Then now in 2010 they want to make quetapine, and tramadol, and carisoprodol controlled substances, which means people could theoretically go to prison over them... It seems a little overboard to me.

Yeah I think it's kinda funny that a drug like quetiapine is rushed through development, & given a sketchy array of very questionable studies... Than doctors are indoctrinated and possibly given some degree of incentives and start pushing the shit from everything to bi-polar, anxiety, to sleeping pills. All the while NOBODY expects it to maybe get into the wrong hands along the way?

It's like people live in their own little world, when I was prescribed it I honestly couldn't believe something I was prescribed made me feel that. It was more sedating than morphine only instead of feeling a dopaminergic rush I just felt awful. It was just kinda like "OK, this is supposed to help me?" Not that it doesn't for some, but like alot alot of people have been pushed it for next to no benefit of they're own. So who's benefiting?

Yeah I think it's kinda funny that a drug like quetiapine is rushed through development, & given a sketchy array of very questionable studies... Than doctors are indoctrinated and possibly given some degree of incentives and start pushing the shit from everything to bi-polar, anxiety, to sleeping pills. All the while NOBODY expects it to maybe get into the wrong hands along the way?

It's like people live in their own little world, when I was prescribed it I honestly couldn't believe something I was prescribed made me feel that. It was more sedating than morphine only instead of feeling a dopaminergic rush I just felt awful. It was just kinda like "OK, this is supposed to help me?" Not that it doesn't for some, but like alot alot of people have been pushed it for next to no benefit of they're own. So who's benefiting?

Seroquel's side effect profile (which includes sudden death) is such that it really shouldn't be prescribed for things like anxiety and insomnia - there are far less risky, more effective drugs available for treating those conditions. What makes its side effect profile acceptable when used as an anti-psychotic is that the lifetime risk of completed suicide is so high in the target groups - those people are more likely to die from their condition remaining untreated than from Seroquel side effects. All of the anti-psychotics have significant side effect profiles and it will probably take several successful lawsuits to reign in their growing off-label use.

But every drug company tries to get its drugs prescribed for as many conditions as possible and it's now reached the stage where more prescriptions are being written for off-label uses of some drugs than for their approved use. Often those off-label uses are based on very questionable studies but doctors don't have time to investigate the methodology and findings of studies into every drug they prescribe so they take the word of the drug company reps.

There've been huge fines levied against some of the major drug companies over the last few years for this practice but the additional profit from the extra sales dwarfs the fines so it's more a cost of doing business than an actual deterrent.

I suspect that any of the rapid acting anti-mania drugs would be just as effective as Seroquel at taking the edge off amphetamine binges - for some reason Seroquel has become well known for this so it's now what people seek out for that purpose.

I'd index the genome of anyone who has specifically compared quetiapine to a stimulant. You might find a peculiar genetic trait in many of the cases.

Somewhere out there is someone who snorted coke for the first time and said, "Hey this is just like Seroquel!"

Last edited:
I'd index the genome of anyone who has specifically compared quetiapine to a stimulant. You might find a peculiar genetic trait in many of the cases.

Somewhere out there is someone who snorted coke for the first time and said, "Hey this is just like Seroquel!"

It's got to be rare, otherwise there'd be a huge black market for Seroquel.

That said, there are definitely people who have a paradoxical reaction to stimulants so anything's possible.

If i started wanking straight after snorting 300mg seroquel would i be able to cum before i pass out?

sidenote: don't really wanna try it.

If i started wanking straight after snorting 300mg seroquel would i be able to cum before i pass out?

sidenote: don't really wanna try it.

I take my Seroquel orally and have been known to fall asleep while masturbating.

I'm on 800mg seroquel daily for Bi-polar and mania induced schitzo, I off started taking it in the morning on doctors instructions but then couldn't function throughout the day due to its heavy sedating effects

. Now i take it in the evening about 3 hours before bed. I've been on it for around 2years and i rarely get particualy sleepy from it, unless I break my tablet up. However I cannot/find it very hard to sleep without it. I give it to my friends as a downer, they only usally use it after a 3/4 day bender when they really need sleep. They only take a fraction of my dose and not as a rec-drug but as something to really knock them out. They don't see it as a rec-drug but as a tool if you will, either to completely knock yourself out when u need sleep or as a tool for trip abortion. I have allways made sure i was around incase sumit went wrong and also tested them with a small dose to see if they were alergic first. AS THIS IS A VERRY SERIOUS DRUG. - peace -

Seriously... If you are that desperate that you have to snort seroquel... do yourself a favor and shoot yourself in the head... you'll die much quicker and less painlessly than when you fuck up one day and do too much.

Seriously... this drug is one of the NASTIEST drugs out there as far as risk versus benefit... why would you snort it? Jesus...

The prevelance of off-label prescriptions of Seroquel, Risperdal, etc is a distrubing trend. These are not things a nervous housewife (as a silly example) should be taking.

Anyway... as to Seroquel's "abuse potential," its pretty much been said already, but for some folks... a "high" can be anything that 'fucks you up.' Seroquel won't be fun at all, but it will fuck you up.

It's sad, and stupid, but its not that hard to understand.

The prevelance of off-label prescriptions of Seroquel, Risperdal, etc is a distrubing trend. These are not things a nervous housewife (as a silly example) should be taking.

Anyway... as to Seroquel's "abuse potential," its pretty much been said already, but for some folks... a "high" can be anything that 'fucks you up.' Seroquel won't be fun at all, but it will fuck you up.

It's sad, and stupid, but its not that hard to understand.

The manufacturers have already been fined hundreds of millions of dollars for promoting their off-label use ($530 million in the case of Seroquel's manufacturer) and there are lawsuits currently before the courts over the issue of whether information about risks was knowingly with-held.

Given how often these "safe new drugs" have turned out not to be quite so safe in the past (not just in relation to psychotropic drugs but pharmaceuticals in general), I don't think that doctors should be given a free pass when they prescribe them for "minor" conditions. Even if the manufacturers of Seroquel did intentionally with-hold information about some of its risks, there were still plenty of disclosed risks which made it unsuitable for treating insomnia, restless legs syndrome, etc and that information was known and available to prescribers. Doctors need a slap up the side of the head for prescribing the atypical anti-psychotics as if they're some kind of non-addictive, non-abusable benzo.

The thing that gets me is that so many doctors will be much quicker to prescribe something that can induce dysphoria, somnolence, weight gain and parkinson's-like symptoms, but will be very hesitant to prescribe anything that makes the patient "feel good" because they are worried about abuse. Not that all doctors are this way, and granted I do understand where they are coming from to a cetain extent.

And yeah, I had some idea about the lawsuits... didn't know the specifics though.