• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

500 Things to Do After Snorting Quetiapine

I could think of a ton of things to do after snorting seroquel--none of which seem that pleasant. I think the top of the list would be to make a list of why I am snorting seroquel, and make sure to avoid tall buildings.

But yes, once a drug has "recreational potential" the gossip starts running through the communities, and people start trying it in interesting ways. If you are desperate enough, you will try it out. And if you want it to feel a certain way, you probably can make it appear to be that way. Even Ann Shugin said it isn't the compound that is important--it is the compound that propels your mind to these different states of conciousness. She once told the story about this time she was helping Sasha to titrate up the dose of a new RC. She took a dose that was predicted to have no effect. However, in 30 minutes or so, she was propelled into a +2 state and stayed that way for a couple of weeks. As Shulgin continued to titrate up the dose, they did indeed find that it was a subthreshold dose--however something about the chemical flipped a switch in her mind that caused an altered state, that was not based purely on the chemical's method of action.

I mean, people do take gapapentin, benadryl, cheese for recreational purposes. I mean, ugh--those don't sound recreational to me at all--but somehow people take them.

Also, the fact that it is snorted can change the effects of a drug. First, some people get a high off of snorting stuff, whether it is sugar or cocaine. This is especially true in the case of addicts who ingest drugs via insufflation, who can get a dopamine rush whenever they see a cut line on a table. In addition, if seroquel can cross over membranes, (which I don't know as I don't really want to look up the structure of seroquel as honestly, it is one of the compounds that I care least about), it can create a sort of a "rush." In fact, it isn't uncommon for drugs taken in different methods to have slightly different effects. It has been documented that oral ritalin has a slow mode of action, and acts like "slow drip cocaine." If you take it via insufflation, it produces more of a rush and is closer to the effects of cocaine. However, if you IV ritalin (which I don't recommend due to binders in the pills and other problems with IV), it becomes almost indistinguishable from cocaine in terms of effects, but it lasts a few hours.

Yes, I know. I need to find sources. (Ok, the Shulgin thing was taken from a speech the Shugin's made, so I am not sure if there is a written record of it.) It is just so annoying to find sources that I once knew on the internet and I am tired. I just had an urge to type on bluelight for a while in ADD. I need to stimulate my neurons occasionally.

Seraquel has two uses as far as I can tell. One is about 400 mgs a half hour before you run out of crack so you can just go to sleep when it's gone. The other is this weekend in jail I have to to friday. Anyone have suggestions for a dose schedule which would let me wake up for meals but otherwise sleep for two days?

Last time I took seroquel it was oral roa 200 mg had me fading in and out of consciousness for about 6 hours I kept seeing things and talking to people who weren't there. I'm fairly sure that it has to do with th high H1 affinity as I have heard anecdotal reports from people who have taken high doses of dimenhydrinate or diphenhydramine having similar experiences. All in all it was very unsettling but I woke up after the incident feeling a slight afterglow. I realize i didn't insuffalate but it wasn't even slightly reminescent of cocaine as far as I'm concerned. I could see it having moderate abuse potential in a pretty narrow demographic since none of the literature I've read suggests anything close to dependence/addiction potential.

Quetiapine is a dopamine antagonist I cant imagine it being anything like a stimulant like cocaine...ive take another medicine thats a dopamine antagonist that was to treat my GERD symptoms called Reglan or Metoclopramide and even that was quite unpleasant at times.

Reglan also has some strong cholinergic effects. If it wasn't for the dopamine antagonist properties it could be used as a smart drug. However, that much cholinergenic stimulation isn't exactly pleasant.

I remember I was given IV Reglan one time in the ER because I was in a lot of pain from BAD gastritis. I was stuck in the waiting room on an IV drip because they were out of beds. As soon as it started working, all of my muscles started twitching and I couldn't sit still. It was the worst RLS I ever had, except it was all over my body. I suspect that was caused by the cholinergic effects. Then after about 20-30 minutes of restlessness and an inability to sit still in my chair, the dopamine antagonist effects kicked in and I got ultra drowsy. That drug really sucks. (However, it did help to eliminate some of the stomach pain.)

Also, there was this one time my doctor perscribed me seroquel. Honestly, I don't know why he prescribed it because I wasn't crazy. I guess I had exhaused all the other options and he thought it might due the trick. Instead, it made me paranoid for 4 days. I thought the world was out to get me. I couldn't sleep--which is an interesting fact for a dopamine antagonist. Then, since it was 420, I smoked weed with some friends. At that point, I proceeded to lose my brain. I forgot who I was, what I was doing, and where I was. I knew nothing other than I was in some kinda body looking through very rose tinted glasses. They were just like--wtf. After that incident, they never talked to me again. (I know, great friends right? I tried to explain the incident after the fact, but it didn't help things much.) After that, I refused to take seroquel again.

Then there was Geodon, which honestly seems more recreational to me than seroquel. Geodon was honestly one of the craziest trips of my life, and somehow caused massive amounts of change. After I came out of the haze that was three days on Geodon, I was happy. Somehow everything was ok. I had my mind back. It remained that way for years. I don't know if it caused some sort of up/downregulation of receptors, or whether it was the fact that it made me appreciate my intellect/mind. While on geodon, my brain was out of commission. I had no emotion, no cares, no memories, and no intelligent thought--I was a zombie. Someday I hope to try the experiment again and see if I get a similar response to try to predict what mechanism of action caused the change. However, most doctors I have spoken to don't really want me to repeat. I mean, I am not crazy. Those medicines are overkill. It is kinda like using a sledgehammer to squeeze an orange.

Mixed vodka, clonazepam, and seroquel once. Very bad night for everyone involved.

There is a good explanation of quetiapine pharmacology on another popular forum but think it's against the rules to link?

Titled: Why Antipsychotics Don't Work Like They Do In Advertisements

I had this Quetiapine med prescribed to me prior to starting my suboxone treatments. The reason for this was in order to start suboxone I had to be in moderate to full withdrawal from opiates. This, in my opinion, could potentially be compared to a psychotic episode, or at the very least, a high anxiety physical state. The Quetiapine was to help me cope while I was waiting to start my treatment, this and help me sleep at night. I was also prescribed Clonadine (spelling?)- lowers blood pressure.
I did however read that institutionalized persons liked to snort the stuff (they called it "Suzy Q") and not ever expecting to be in prison I thought that while I have some.....I've done worse, or so I thought. One 25mg tab crushed and snorted. I swore about 500 times and asked myself "why the fuck did I do that?" It was god awful. I thought I fucked up my nasal cavity for one thing and the buzz is "pure shit on a pointed stick in the eye". Don't do it. I have put plenty up my beak but that I must say was stupidly uncomfortable and pointless.

Last edited:
Low doses are good when you really want to sleep but have insomnia. Abusing it is interesting (I never had) but I don't generally associate it with abuse... Although we've all heard stories

I know in Britain at least, seroquel is highly sought after in prison, lots of inmates attempt to feign psychotic episodes etc. to get them.

seroquel is a good sleeping pill for me. but i cant see it as a street drug. its not fun at all.

I Picked up a tramadol prescription for my mom one time and the pharmacy techs were acting like something wasn't right. Its such a joke. No one that actually does drugs would consider ultram worth stealing. They probably read that that the DEA lists it as a drug of concern.

^I'm with you on the tramadol. I never could figure out what the point was to that. I also have the same puzzlement about methylphenidate. And zolpidem. And cannabis.

On the other hand, propoxyphene, HGH and butalbital stimulate the hell out of me (and I know propoxyphene is pretty much universally reviled here and elsewhere).

The hyperbole continues: there is now at least one 2010 peer-reviewed paper on quetiapine abuse (although you have to question the competence, interest-level and computational ability of researchers that write, "Quetiapine is a dibenzodiazepine..."

Are you two actually serious?

Tramadol is very much abused, as much as you two don't like it, all it takes is a bit of common sense to see that other people do.

i dont mean to sound like a drug snob, but when you think about the first illegal drugs, heroin and cocaine, and that it took years for amphetamines to become outlawed. Then now in 2010 they want to make quetapine, and tramadol, and carisoprodol controlled substances, which means people could theoretically go to prison over them... It seems a little overboard to me.

500 Things to Do After Snorting Quetiapine

Bitchslap yourself for 499 times then STOP FUCKING SNIFFING QUETIAPINE.

Are you two actually serious?

Tramadol is very much abused, as much as you two don't like it, all it takes is a bit of common sense to see that other people do.

I said it puzzled me!

Bitchslap yourself for 499 times then STOP FUCKING SNIFFING QUETIAPINE.

This should actually be 999 things. The original bitchslap (spawned in the late-60's Bronx) was a double blow:

1) A backhand smack delivered to the zygomatic bone, ideally with a composite force vector 45 degrees away from the medial plane and towards the coronal plane. It is meant to stun.

2) An open-palm slap delivered as the victim is trying to regain composure. This second slap utilizes the victim's compensatory momentum to generate as audible an impact as possible. It is meant to humiliate and bruise.​

In subsequent years, though, proper bitchslapping technique has degenerated: a sign that the apocalypse is nigh.

I said it puzzled me!

This should actually be 999 things. The original bitchslap (spawned in the late-60's Bronx) was a double blow:

1) A backhand smack delivered to the zygomatic bone, ideally with a composite force vector 45 degrees away from the medial plane and towards the coronal plane. It is meant to stun.

2) An open-palm slap delivered as the victim is trying to regain composure. This second slap utilizes the victim's compensatory momentum to generate as audible an impact as possible. It is meant to humiliate and bruise.​

In subsequent years, though, proper bitchslapping technique has degenerated: a sign that the apocalypse is nigh.

lol!

I like to take a 25 mg to calm my cravings, it makes me dull as hell but i could give two fucks about smoking, or doing anything.. Im going to rehab for MJ (dont ask doing it for the parents) would they let me take my 4 mo. old seroquel script in?

Wellllll. I read the wiki info about it too (before linking my way here). Someone who is bipolar gave me a couple dozen 50mg SeroquelXRs. Monkey read monkey gotta do. So I crushed up one..... Then I started reading this page. I'm ok so far. I wouldn't want to take a quiz right now. My typing speed is about 25% that of normal. I wanted a good night sleep and that seems like that's going to work out ok. I have trouble sleeping about half the time and have problems with depression and anxiety so it might be benificial to me? If it helps with the dark moods then that's a perspective that might be akin to pleasurable or fun (the word fun doesn't leap to mind right now for me though) and I don't know of any drug that affects everyone the exact same way. Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnn.