• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS : 18.12.09 - Dangerous solvents sold as party drugs

Spirytus sold in alcohol shops would not contain Denatonium. As the duty is paid for it as an alcohol beverage

I did a shot of 190 proof everclear from texas. You could feel the fumes hit your lips before it got to them. not recommended.

I knew an old guy that had a shot of 5x distilled strawberry liqueur every morning upon rising. A teaspoon of that left me gasping for air. He was a lovely, excitable but gentle old guy, however, if you wanted a chat it had to be before 10am as his talk was usually incomprehensible after that. Grew fabulous orchids though...

Mr Ibis, yes we concluded that the spiritus sold in bottle shops is not denatured and is something altogether different from the pic I saw online (wiki) of the spiritus bottle. It was titled

94% denatured ethanol sold in a bottle for household use

Attachments

• 140px-Ethanol_Flasche.jpg
    140px-Ethanol_Flasche.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 148
^^
No wonder you were worried about us drinking the stuff, that bottle looks dodgy.

The stuff here looks like this:

180px-Spirytus_rektyfikowany.jpg

^Who said anything about methanol? It's not added to ethanol in the denaturing process anymore due to the fact that some people drink it, despite the bitterness of denatonium benzoate.

I wouldn't think you'd need a licence. I have an account with a chem supplier, so I can't say whether a front counter inquiry would be viewed as suspicious. It's unlikely as it's used extensively by DIY bio-diesel producers.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want methanol anyway? I have it on hand but I hardly ever use it as a solvent. Ethanol (or metho) usually does a similar job, and is way less toxic. If you are planning on handling methanol, be well aware of the toxicity and try not to get it on the skin as it will be absorbed and avoid breathing the vapour.

my main reason is for the bags of dried shrooms we have. The recipe specifies methanol, but we have tried ethanol before, it just doesn't cut it. There is a couple of other things i need it for to but probably best if i keep it discrete for now. A friend of mine who is a fitter could get it, but the minimum amount was way too much, was a while ago but the drum was roughly 300L, and the price on it was pretty impractical. Would have done it if i could have used the rest for petrol or something! Is there much problem getting an account with a supplier? Do you need qualifications of some description and proof of legitimate use? Cheers

If you don't mind me asking, why do you want methanol anyway? I have it on hand but I hardly ever use it as a solvent.

Mix it with some Boric Acid until saturated and set it on fire, im assumeing you would have done this before anyway. I used to do this when I was a bit younger to get a nice pine green flame. I always had plans on filling them bamboo lanterns up with them and taking them to a bush party (think of how cool green fires would be to the trippers) but not only did I never get around to trying, I had doubts about carbon or perhaps even sodium contamination drowning out the green.

U dont need a license or EUD for methanol or Ethanol. By the way Ethanol is way better to use for shroom extractions. U can get methanol at most shopping centres sold as Methylated spirits or denatured alcohol.

U can get methanol at most shopping centres sold as Methylated spirits or denatured alcohol.

Correction; while it is stated methanol may form up to 14% of methylated spirits, the meth sold in this country normally only contains a a few % added methanol if any. Metho is normally 95% ethanol with either pyridine or denotonium benzoate or both added. Much of the methylated spirits sold in this country contains no added methanol simply because some people drink metho regardless. This was a big issue in Brisbane some years ago due to the blindness caused by added methanol.

Ive seen a few that contain methanol as an additive. Ur right about 95% ethanol + additives. For an extraction i would only ever consider lab grade chems.