Bluelight

Thread: Take seroquel to make myself fall asleep?

1. Collapse Details
    Take seroquel to make myself fall asleep? 
    Bluelighter
    I took 300mg of seroquel cause my friend told me to try it, bad idea considering it was awful. I felt like I was going to pass out, my heart was beating so fast and hard and even stopping for a while.

Anyway, I woke up at 4pm today and I want to fall asleep at 12am which I can't do on my own. If I took 150mg of seroquel would I get tired and fall asleep? Would that do anything recreational either at a smaller dose?

Update: I used it to fall asleep and that was pretty shitty, I think I had a panic attack or something cause It felt like I stopped breathing or something. But I did get knocked out, and that's what matters.
    Last edited by manwithaplan; 14-12-2009 at 07:11.

2. Collapse Details

300mg of seroquel is way too high a dose. 150 is more reasonable. It is not a recreational drug, though I have heard it to ease cocaine withdrawals. It is most often prescribed as an antipsychotic and/or sleep medicine.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjackjones View Post
    300mg of seroquel is way too high a dose. 150 is more reasonable. It is not a recreational drug, though I have heard it to ease cocaine withdrawals. It is most often prescribed as an antipsychotic and/or sleep medicine.
    So you think I'll just be tired and be able to sleep instead of feeling like im going to die?

4. Collapse Details

100mg is an ideal dose since you have no tolerance to the medicine.

5. Collapse Details

A glass bottle in the ocean between waves and rocks
    its not recreational, but can be usefull for insomnia, allthough it packs quite a hangover type effect the next day, so its not ideal

6. Collapse Details

Would you jump off a cliff if I told you to do it?

Seroquel is NOT a recreational drug. It is an antipsychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by manwithaplan View Post
    I took 300mg of seroquel cause my friend told me to try it, bad idea considering it was awful. I felt like I was going to pass out, my heart was beating so fast and hard and even stopping for a while.

Anyway, I woke up at 4pm today and I want to fall asleep at 12am which I can't do on my own. If I took 150mg of seroquel would I get tired and fall asleep? Would that do anything recreational either at a smaller dose?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AfterGlow View Post
    Would you jump off a cliff if I told you to do it?

Seroquel is NOT a recreational drug. It is an antipsychotic.
    Exactly this. Seroquel is supposed to be used by people with a serious mental illness. Doctors sometimes prescribe it off label for use as a sleep aid, but it was designed to be used only for the treatment of serious mental illnesses. It's relatively safe when used to treat mental illness, but who knows wtf it'll do to you if you don't need to be taking it.

8. Collapse Details

I sometimes use seroquel to help me sleep or come down from meth.

50-100mg usually works for me, but I always wake up feeling like shit the next day.

9. Collapse Details

Australian Drug Discussion
    Seroquel is not recreational at all but it is fantastic for knocking you out. 300mg is a huge dose for a non toelrant person. I use various depressants fairly often and I have always found 100mg to be a sufficient dose to knock me out. I certainly wouldn't go over 150mg.

If you use stimulants in particular this is a handy drug to have around. It is best kept to a minimum as sedation does tend to linger the next day which isn't bad if you got nothing to do and pop a few valium and/or smoke some bud but when you have to be productive it isn't ideal.