Bluelight

Thread: Getting a bellringer off smoked crack?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. Collapse Details
    Getting a bellringer off smoked crack? 
    #1
    I've smoked crack probably a little under 20 times, each time having a 10-30 dollar session or so (yeah, I find it fairly easy to keep it under control, at least for now, unlike coke), I usually get 6-8 blasts and 1 or 2 shots out of a 10 dollar rock (good quality too, yellow, hard, the kind thhat makes that snapping sound when broken, not the crappy, crumbly white stuff that'll fall apart in your hand), but no matter what I do, I just can't get anywhere close to a bellringer when I smoke it.

    I've tried different smoking techniques, loading up fatter hits, etc, no dice. However, when I shoot a small piece (say 1/5th of a dime rock) I get a nice bellringer and crazy good rush; therefore, I'm thinking it has to be my smoking technique. I usually inhale nice and slow, putting a direct flame on the rock for 1-2 second intervals, on and off until I stop hearing the crackling noise (pun not intended), or until my lungs are so full I start shaking trying to inhale anymore. Then, I'll hold it in for 10 seconds or so, sometimes up to 30 (for some reason, nearly everyone I've ever smoked rock with has told me to hold it in as long as possible, but I don't see much of a difference, except a slight buzz from the lack of oxygen). Yet, no bellringer or anything close to it, just a decent rush and euphoria, the initial "rush" lasting a minute or two, and the euphoria lingering on for up to 20 or 30 minutes sometimes.

    So what am I doing wrong? I know I could just exclusively shoot it instead of smoking it, so I'd get a surefire ringer and rush every time, but I find smoking it so much more enjoyable, and I would love to get anywhere close to the rush of shooting coke/crack, have these "monster hits" I've heard so much about and such, but no matter what I try, I can't achieve that feeling.

    I have another decent sized dime rock left for the night, but I'd rather not smoke it if it turns out I haven't been doing it properly this whole time, so any tips are appreciated.
    Last edited by EveryStar; 12-12-2009 at 08:19.
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Bluelighter xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by EveryStar View Post
    ... just a decent rush and euphoria, the initial "rush" lasting a minute or two, and the euphoria lingering on for up to 20 or 30 minutes sometimes.
    Well, maybe you should settle for that. After all, as has been pointed out in this forum, the "bells" of a bellringer are the result of what was it? blood pressure surge in the inner ear?

    In other words, something inside your head that is waiting to burst, and if it does, you die or live to spend the rest of your life in a wheel chair. I experienced bellringers when IVing C and found them scary as hell. Besides, bellringer is not synonymous with intense euphoria. If you've become tolerant to C, you will have the bellringer without necessarily feeling intense euphoria (which proves bellringers are only a side-effect). Of course, nothing anyone can say on this forum will prevent you from wanting to experience a "bellringer" for yourself once. Just remember then a bellringer is not an end in itself. Stick to enjoying the crack euphoria as long as you can. Improve your smoking technique and tackle. Take thicker tokes (I'm not sure filling your lungs to the brim with crack smoke is the best, try taking a hit to half-fill your lungs, wait for a while, then inhale pure air to fill the resting half). Exhale in a balloon and re-inhale from the balloon. Smoke the resin left-over in the pipe.

    P.S. : I had the best hits in my whole life with crack. I later IV'd but tolerance had set in and prevented me from even approaching those crack hits of yore.
    Last edited by xxl; 10-12-2009 at 09:12.
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Yeah, when I'm all out I usually push the brillo (in my case, steel wool) back and forth to gather the resin and get a final couple of hits. Might it have to do with the fact that I'm using steel wool and not brillo pads?

    Also, how long should I wait between hits? Usually, if I've just scored a few good rocks I'll load up two or three hits back to back and try my best to take monster hits, since the best euphoria is always achieved on the first hit, and as the night goes on, taking a hit 5 or 10 minutes after my last one doesn't really do much, except waste that precious crack that I'm going to be fiending for once it's all gone.
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Bluelighter xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,434
    The longer you wait between hits the better of course, but the night can get boring. Fact is, tolerance is well under way in your case. Some people swear taking breaks of several months restores sensitivity. I have doubts though, in spite of the fact that if the prospect of losing your tolerance can induce you to take a long break, you could do worse than try it out!

    For my part, I think once the receptors in your brains are fried, I think they stay so all life long. Your virginity to coke/crack will never come back. Anything you can do do "get as high" again involves taking added risks. If you decide to escalate, do so only after having studied the safe procedure. I mean don't go mixing that crack you've got left-over with some food acid (lemon juice or vinegar) to give yourself an infection and/or a brain seizure from miscalculated shot strength. Rather, take a benzo, then 15 minutes later smoke that last stone and go to bed. Tomorrow is another day.
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Well, in my experience, tolerance definitely does go down, because I used to shoot a lot of powder cocaine (as you can read from many, many of my posts in the past), and quit about a year and a half ago, doing coke maybe once every month or two, and in small amounts, snorted, rarely shot.

    It's only now that I'm in the process of quitting heroin that I've been smoking crack quite a little more, to fill that "void" that heroin previously filled, and I can make a couple of dime-sized rocks last nearly a whole night still. I'm trying to see if it's actually possible to have any leftover crack, so I'm down to my last rock, maybe 2 or 3 good blasts worth, popped a 10 mg Ambien, smoked a little more, and now I'm just waiting to fall asleep. But I'm still kind of anxious and fiending a little bit. Oh well, at least I find crack way, way less addictive than IV cocaine, which completely fucks everything up and makes every last ounce of your willpower jump out the window and splatter itself on the pavement.
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Bluelighter DMFNR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    176
    I doubt it makes much of a difference, and it definatly won't turn a moderate buzz to a bellringer, but the crackheads always taught me to exhale through my nose. A little more surface area to absorb some extra crack i guess. The only thing you can really do to get higher is take bigger hits. Do what I did when I was smokin a lot, get a glass steamroller, but some chore in the bowl, and then you can stuff a whole dime in there. But in the spirit of harm reduction, don't.
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    I dont smoke crack but Ive try'd it a few times when I was young... I know alot of people who do & have been around them when they do it, Imo from doing it just put about a dub-20 in your stem fuck melting it, Hit it turn it hit as hard as you can but dont burn it up & hold it in long as you can but dont pass out, if your bells dont jingle off that then your getting bullshit or are highly addicted... I know people who' have smoked it 20+ years & still get there bell rung... Make sure you have a good brillow if its old & used up (dont forget to push it) throw it away & try a new one........ Also are u using a HUGE steam if so DONT get you something the size of a antenna or the most a pencil
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    BL Ambassador HdoubleODeezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Taking The Bull By The Horns
    Posts
    6,020
    All the "bell ringer" is, is a sudden rise in blood pressure and you hear the blood rushing through your ears.. it has nothing to do with the high.. you can still get high without a "bell ringer"
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Post
    Actually, I've been getting a few good ringers lately off smoking, I notice it's much more likely to happen when I hold it in my lungs as long as possible, but then I get a bad headache, and it's still not an all out train going through my ears like IV coke is. But it's probably for the better, I kind of enjoy the smaller hits more; the crack lasts longer (I'm not the type to smoke a whole 10 dollar rock at once, or even half of that, the most I'll do at once is maybe a quarter or a third of it), the comedown is smoother, and the euphoria, in a way, is more pronounced, because when I get a huge rush, then the following euphoria seems to pale in comparison, and I wanna take another fat blast a minute later.

    Also, maybe I'm not getting good hits consistently because my pipe is only a third of it's original size now, and I can't puff on it that long before it starts burning the back of my throat. Right now, I've been smoking for the last 6-8 hours straight, almost (maybe a one hour break at one point, tops), and even though I have plenty (or at least what I consider plenty), I keep nodding off and falling asleep, without any urge to do more.
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Bluelighter Hendrix Haze15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    723
    For everyone saying that bellringers are just rush of blood pressure and you can get high without the bellringer, all I can say is that a shot of coke or a blast off a crack pipe doesn't feel complete without the bellringers. Its the first thing I look for after doing a shot or a blast. I get bellringers from smoking and shooting crack, but they seem to be more intense when I shoot for obvious reasons. Obviously, if your getting shitty crack your not going to get much of a bellringer from smoking it. I personally prefer to shoot my rocks, but thats probably just because I have a needle addiction. When I smoke crack, I'll usually load like a half a dime in my pipe, melt it and then take slow, deep hits while waving the flame over the crack. Maybe you need to replace your brillo? I've noticed that when the brillo gets too burned up and gets too much shit in it, it gets harder to get decent hits.
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Bluelighter xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix Haze15 View Post
    ... all I can say is that a shot of coke or a blast off a crack pipe doesn't feel complete without the bellringers.
    Because you've come to associate a good hit/shot with bellringing. Like some people associate a good shot with blood rising into the rig. The shot doesn't feel good if they don't see blood fountaining in.
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    All right, this is getting annoying, I'm sure something must be wrong with my smoking technique. I just bought a new stem today because my old one was down to maybe a third of it's original size, and wouldn't let me inhale long enough before starting to burn my lips and fingers (even though I put a little rubber tube on the smoking end of the glass tube). I know it's not the quality of the crack either, because it's damn good yellow, hard rock that makes that nice snapping sound when broken, sometimes it feels like I almost need a freaking hammer to break off a little chunk (I can also stick it in my mouth for a while without it falling apart whatsoever).

    So I figure it's either my technique, or the fact that I'm using steel wool instead of real brillo, but I doubt that makes much of a difference. I usually break off a quarter off a ten dollar rock, pack some brillo in there so it's nice and tight, stick the rock in there, hold the pipe upwards, then start putting a direct flame to the product, on and off for a few seconds at a time, until I stop hearing that crackling noise, then I just hold the flame to the pipe directly for 10 seconds or so, slowly tilting the pipe downwards, trying to hit all of the crack melted to the steel wool, until I just can't take a single more breath (of course, all the while inhaling at a constant slow, calm pace), hold it in for 10 to 20 seconds, and finally slowly exhale through my nose. I usually try to wait 20 minutes or more between hits to get full effects each time, instead of hitting the pipe every 3 minutes like a crackhead. Alas, I still can't manage to get big, fat hits, even when I load bigger rocks into the stem. As a matter of fact, it seems I waste more when I put larger rocks in there, because I can't hit it all in one breath, while doing just small pebbles at a time seems to be more efficient.

    Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? What is the end-all-be-all crack-smoking technique to get the most out of it, using a straight shooter glass pen/rose (wish I could afford those nice Pyrex ones that don't break and have to be replaced every other week) and some chore?
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    I never got bell ringers (just smoked), but I was always anal about getting big hits. I dunno, I got pretty high without the bell ringers. I often contemplated this as well, and I eventually decided that I was probably smoking too small of pieces to get the bell ringers.
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillmatic502 View Post
    I dont smoke crack but Ive try'd it a few times when I was young... I know alot of people who do & have been around them when they do it, Imo from doing it just put about a dub-20 in your stem fuck melting it, Hit it turn it hit as hard as you can but dont burn it up & hold it in long as you can but dont pass out, if your bells dont jingle off that then your getting bullshit or are highly addicted... I know people who' have smoked it 20+ years & still get there bell rung... Make sure you have a good brillow if its old & used up (dont forget to push it) throw it away & try a new one........ Also are u using a HUGE steam if so DONT get you something the size of a antenna or the most a pencil
    I would never smoke a whole 20 in one blast, that's way, way too much. The rocks I'm getting are pretty damn great, most I've smoked in one hit was close to half a dime (I never get one whole rock when I buy more than ten dollars worth, it always consists of just a bunch of decent size dime rocks, and I usually don't buy more than 20 or 30 at a time, which usually consists of 3 to 5 ten dollar-sized pieces, respectively.) But yeah, sometimes I get a mild ringer off 2-3 dollars worth, and sometimes I'll stuff 4-5 dollars worth in the pipe hoping for a big hit, but I'll usually end up wasting some of it because it's too much smoke to inhale all at once (and I can't really inhale the remaining smoke coming out of the stem, since I'll still be busy holding my hit in at that point, so in that situation, I'll just exhale a tiny bit, enough to catch my breath and grab the remaining smoke).

    Never figured smoking crack was a fucking science, and one that only hookers and hobos have managed to truly master.
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Peace
    yeah smoking crack is a bit of a sweet science , bellringers are the shyte i had one that lasted 10mins no euphuria and my whole body went numb that was so not cool so i stopped for a minute

    oh it has nothing to do with tolerance with smoking crack you can keep the smoking going and going you can pretty much go back to 0 by taking a shower i think even though the rocks are hard yellow it might be cut with something preventing you for achieving that beautiful noise
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Same happened to me. It's because your shooting too. I disagree with nikki-lollipop. It's a tolerance thing. I think I mentioned it briefly in one of your other threads:

    If you IV coke often enough (or cook down crack and shoot it), smoking crack will NOT give you a bellringer anymore. That happens relatively fast. Eventually, you won't be able to get high at all on crack anymore. That happened to me. (I would still get paranoid, but not high when I smoked.) No matter how big the rock, my lungs simply couldn't hold enough to give a ringer. Even when I tried loading up 2 or 3 pipes and hitting them consecutively as fast as possible. I had to take weeks or months off before my crack tolernce dropped. Even then I never really got a good ringer again.
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    Bluelighter xxl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,434
    Quote Originally Posted by socio View Post
    Eventually, you won't be able to get high at all on crack anymore.
    Yes, that is exactly what will happen. Hard to believe when you're a beginner and a pin-head size bit sends your mind flying for minutes on end.

    I also suspect that when you smoke massive amounts some vasoconstriction occurs in the lungs too, so the process is self-limiting.

    I remember trying to get high by smoking non-stop through an alcohol flame I'd set alight on a plate because the puny lighter flame was no longer sufficient to vaporize the big chunks I wanted to take in. The crack melted into the flame down on the plate and burnt there. I literally inhaled "pure" crack-smoke in quick-fire fashion. To no avail. I felt nothing any more.
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    I was just told this trick, and I have yet to master it. When you blow out your hit, make a low rumbling sound as you exhale. Its works best if you try to make the sound come from your chest area so it vibrates your upper body and head. The first few times I tried it, I just made a foghorn-like noise with my mouth which didn't seem to do much.

    However, when I actually generated the noise from deep within my voice box, it honestly helped make the bell ringing much stronger. I would say that the sound is closest to a fog horn or someone playing the didgeridoo.

    The friend/fiend that explained this method to me the other day. told me that he learned it from a giant black man who loved his crack and used to take a massive hit and blow it out ever so slowly through his didgeridoo....
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    Bluelighter beagleboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    creeping on your farms Silo
    Posts
    4,173
    Exuse me if I'm wrong but, This man is OBVIOUSLY a dirty ghetto raised crack dealin' crack smokin' lowlife with nothin better to do than make peoples bowels churn.

    Fortress of Solitude a novel by Jonathan Lethamm, exerpt reads that " when Barret senoir berret inhales a hit off pipe, that he would imagaine ( it ) extending down into his belly, and past it into his cock and even his balls. This way he would take the most out of it.
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    somewhere in middle america
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by HdoubleODeezy View Post
    All the "bell ringer" is, is a sudden rise in blood pressure and you hear the blood rushing through your ears.. it has nothing to do with the high.. you can still get high without a "bell ringer"
    Does everyone else get a small bellringer and vision blackout/lightheadedness from holding very large JWH hits for long periods? It feels awsome and when you come out of it you are dizzy. Very like nitrous.
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Bluelighter mdmantpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,247
    I dont smoke crack anymore put I'll leave you with some tips that used to work well for me

    -don't pack the chore too much so that it makes it hard to pull your hit through...just enough to make sure you don't inhale the brillo off a big hit. (I have done this, and it sucks)

    -Melt your rock down before smoking it

    -Apply a light flame to the pipe while slowly twisting the stem to evenly heat the crack without burning it. never apply the flame directly to the rock.

    -hold in the smoke as long as you can. seriously, only blow it out once you feel like you HAVE TO take a breath. It will help you absorb a lot more cocaine into your system

    -use a rock about the size of a pea to start with
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Bluelighter Moral Decay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Tragically malicious
    Posts
    988
    what is a bellringer? I never got anything from crack other then paranoia and audio and visual hallucinations for a few minutes. that and nasty sunk in eyes the next day. My friend and I smoked it out of a tuba mouthpiece cause it made your whole face go numb from having the smoke hit your lips the way your mouth fits int eh concave part of the mouth piece. Used it as if it was on the tuba, just put some steal wool and the crack in the narrow end.

    Quote Originally Posted by mdmantpa View Post
    -use a rock about the size of a pea to start with
    holy shit dude that is a huge hit, either you got shitty crack or had a crazy tolerance, people should really smoke about a 1/4 of that or less in a single hit.
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Bluelighter Georgie25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,574
    Was wondering where you guys got your glass hitters from? Cant find em anywhere
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Bluelighter Znegative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lurking around the corner of your nearest methadone clinic
    Posts
    4,666
    I hardly ever get bellringers from shooting coke anymore either... Then again, what I've been getting is pretty bad.
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    70
    ^^ most liquor stores in known drug areas sell glass roses. Just take the rose out of the glass, and there you go: a crackpipe. And when I was smoking crack...we avoided that yellow shit, we used to only smoke cream...all white. That's the bomb-bomb.
     

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •