• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Using Gabapentin (neurontin) and Adderall

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluntedskier

Bluelighter
First of all, I checked to see if there were any other Bluelight threads on this and I didn't see anything.

If someone feeling knowledgeable could help me out with a quick response I would be grateful.

I use Adderall on occasion, and when I take it I like take a fair amount 30-55mg. In the past I have always got super euphoric, super focused, creative, optimistic, blah blah blah...

In recent years I have experienced anxiety problems more and more, and there is no doubt taking Addy increases this. But it was always in the come-down, and usually was manageable.

I am prescribed Gabapentin, Serquel (which I don't take because it makes me feel extremely groggy, dehydrated and just puts me into a heavy sleep). A couple days ago I began taking Lithium as directed because my doctor believes there is a small chance that I have a very mild case of Bi-Polar disorder - which would help explain my anxiety and highs/lows in moods.

Anyways, I did some blow last weekend for the first time in months, regretted it (vowed to never do it again), felt very shitty, took 35mg of regular adderall two days later after a weak day of sleep and feeling bad from something I ate, had a terrible come down.

I am not trying to depend on that 'thizzed' super high feeling to do lots of writing, but it's how I have done huge portions of it in the past, and it has generally been more positive than negative. And I sometimes go a month+ without coming across any adderall, so when I got a bunch this week, it's kind of hard not to use it.

So I rested well yesterday, hit up the gym, ate well etc. Then got plenty of sleep, woke up a couple hours ago this morning, ate a big breakfast and popped 40mg XR and a 10mg reg, expecting a 10+ hour thizz-face, feeling great, getting lots done-work session.

Instead, I only got kind of a mild peaking-feeling, and now it's not even two hours into it and I am already starting to feel aggravated and anxious.

Clearly, I should stay away from all types of drugs for a while and that I am more sensitive than most. I also rolled hard on pure mdma powder two weekends in a row last month - so it is very possible that it is a combination of many things that is causing my seretoin to lower and increasing my anxiety.

SORRY for typing so much to ask such a simple question, but I thought maybe someone could relate to parts of what I am saying.

I am thinking of taking like 1,500mg of Gabapentin which has never had any negative effects with me and seems like a very safe/mild drug as far as perscription substances go... Because the amphatmines are very much still in my system, I am hoping they will somehow will go well together and take away the bad feeling, and just let me ride the day out and finish the writing I need to do.

Big thanks in advance if you are patient enough to read all this.

I used to be prescribed 2.8g of gabapentin and 80mg of Adderall a day. Of course, this was along with Xanax, Klonopin, and Ambien/Sonata. Plus at the time I was hooked on OxyContin/fentanyl, methamphetamine, and smoking a ridiculous amount of weed. But from my personal experience, gabapentin "smooths out" some of the rough edges from amphetamines. I personally will not take ANY upper without a benzo/opiate, or both, but that's just because I can't handle the suicidal comedown I get from uppers.

So...yes, you can take gaba/addy together, and it's a good combo. But it's probably not strong enough to soften a bad comedown, if you were wondering.

I've taken huge doses of Gapabentin with large doses of amphetamine. The combo is perfectly safe as far as I can say. I'd go even so far as to say that the gabapentin actually makes the experience more euphoric. It works well for mood, especially if you don't use it a lot, but isn't very good for anxiety.

I take gabapentin regularly to keep my mood stable, it is the only thing that seems to work besides small doses of Ketamine.

Yes... well now many hours later I'm gona say that my Gabapentin saved me completely. I went from feeling this strange anxiety, down feeling that I never usually get when high on adderall.. but I took 2,400 mg and I've felt awesome since.

Gabapentin is really one of the few perscription drugs I really appreciate and believe in. I just hope there isn't some horrible side effect that will come in the future that we don't know about from taking large amounts. For now I'm just going to trust my doctor.

^ I've been using gabapentin at HUGE daily doses for more than 3 years now. I have noticed no bad effects whatsoever, and no tangible withdrawals upon stopping.

Its only negative is that it is so fucking expensive. If I ever find bulk gabapentin powder, I'd jump all over it.

tips from spun

You know what's funny about amphetamine threads? How long the posts are lol. Anyways i am prescribed 60mg add , 30mg remeron, 1.8g gabapentin, 1.5mg clonazepam ( just went down from two and i didn'teven know it till i got home and looked at the bottle, dammit), 30mg temazepam, and 75mg hydroxyzine hcl a day. God knows i don't take anything as prescribed as i just took 90mg amp while withdrawing from suboxone and i can tell my hair tingling. I actually feel more euphoria than mama gives me. And strangely enough i don't feel my opiate withdrawal anymore.
But to get back on subject, gabapentin helps almost anything but you really shouldn't really rely on it for two reasons. First off your tolerance grows extremely fast. To the point where the next day you have to pretty much double your dose to get the same effects. And second, the n bio availability is horrible and the more you take the lower the na so often times doubling your dose won't do much. So basically use your gala on moderation unless you perfect the staggering method which you can find more info on in other threads.
To sum it all up though, in my experience anyways, mountains is a monster. And trying to tame it is usually not going to happen unless you greet food in you and sleep. Magnesium supplements and climates help a great bit as well. Good luck and be safei wish i can take my own advice, i usually end up going through my 60 30mg ir adds in like ten days and hating myself for it.
Ez,
Mygreenbic

^ I've been using gabapentin at HUGE daily doses for more than 3 years now. I have noticed no bad effects whatsoever, and no tangible withdrawals upon stopping.

Its only negative is that it is so fucking expensive. If I ever find bulk gabapentin powder, I'd jump all over it.

Neurontin or (Gabapentin) has gone generic now bot in Canada, and US. If you thought Gabapentin was expensive, try Lyrica which is far superior to Gabapentin in many ways, and you don't have to be taking monster dosages of like 2g or more.

Gabapentin/Pregabalin unfortunately causes some pretty nasty cognitive deficits, so if you're using Adderall for its ADD-relieving effects, those two drugs are going to dull the mental sharpness down a bit, moreso than benzos would IMO.

They don't call it Morontin for nothing, there are a couple of threads containing anecdotes of this on Bluelight

True

You
know what's funny about amphetamine threads? How long the posts are lol. Anyways i am prescribed 60mg add , 30mg remeron, 1.8g gabapentin, 1.5mg clonazepam ( just went down from two and i didn'teven know it till i got home and looked at the bottle, dammit), 30mg temazepam, and 75mg hydroxyzine hcl a day. God knows i don't take anything as prescribed as i just took 90mg amp while withdrawing from suboxone and i can tell my hair tingling. I actually feel more euphoria than mama gives me. And strangely enough i don't feel my opiate withdrawal anymore.
But to get back on subject, gabapentin helps almost anything but you really shouldn't really rely on it for two reasons. First off your tolerance grows extremely fast. To the point where the next day you have to pretty much double your dose to get the same effects. And second, the n bio availability is horrible and the more you take the lower the na so often times doubling your dose won't do much. So basically use your gala on moderation unless you perfect the staggering method which you can find more info on in other threads.
To sum it all up though, in my experience anyways, mountains is a monster. And trying to tame it is usually not going to happen unless you greet food in you and sleep. Magnesium supplements and climates help a great bit as well. Good luck and be safei wish i can take my own advice, i usually end up going through my 60 30mg ir adds in like ten days and hating myself for it.
Ez,
Mygreenbic

That's hilarious,
I always write a story that is unnecessarily long when I'm on amphetamines...haha love it.

This is my first post so forgive me if I did anything wrong. I have over 10 years of experience with a lot of things so I'm not going into this blindly. But I just want to share my experience. I took about 60-80mg adderall XR throughout a few hours, swallowed 2400mg of gabapentin, and then plugged a mixture of 20mg adderall XR and 600mg neurontin. And I have to say, I do have a high tolerance but I feel amazing. Extremely sensual and pyschedelic with mild hallucinations. Everything wiggles and shines. It's hard to explain. I feel like I have a calm energy without the tweaky feeling. I feel warm and fuzzy almost like an MDMA buzz but more subtle. Colors look brighter and sounds are amplified. My skin feels tingly in a good way and that comes in waves. Overall I'd say it is a very good combo. From what I've read it's relatively safe. I rate it a 9/10. Would try again.

I just started 300mg gabapentin 3 a day and now I don't feel my Adderall. It's like anything else is cancelled out

Status
Not open for further replies.