⫸STICKY⫷ Offsite Studies & Where can YOU, as a member, offer yourself for a study?

Forum Moderator

Bluelight Bot
Staff member
One things we've excluded from this forum is a place where members can offer themselves up for studies and find resource links for off site studies.

Perhaps they feel they have a particular situation that could be a good basis for a research study, or maybe they have a condition which applies well to a trial being run...but the member doesn't know where such a trial might be held these days. We're going to give this thread a bit of time to see how this works out.

First, if you're looking to apply for (or simply see what you would be a candidate for) in terms of trials, we can point you to clinicaltrials.gov. Despite the .gov name, it is a global database for finding trials to which you might apply. They have an excellent advanced search function to help you find things in your area. The DS mod team are discussing ways of bringing that site's information even closer to our members. If anyone else knows of similar sites to which we can point people, please post them and the mods will evaluate adding them to this initial post.

Second, if you simply wish to state that you have a unique situation or condition you would like to throw out to the world for possible research, state it in this thread. We hope researchers will see the thread and learn of what opportunities exist for studies, and can pursue something that helps both parties.

To all, we thank you for your continued participation in this forum and look forward to making this even more beneficial for members and researchers alike.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Story May Interest Somebody

I lived with Depression for about 30 years. I took ONE DOSE of (good quality) MDMA in a carefully-prepared, clinical-type session and now I'm happy. I love my life. I'm not trying to be funny or provocative here - this is for real and I think it's a story worth telling. I'm just an ordinary guy who did for himself what mainstream medicine could not. Ï find typing tedious but I would be happy to provide more information to anybody who's interested. =D

Thanks for posting, onthemend. If only MDMA were on the PBS! I've heard stories just like yours before. Its sad this treatment can't be more widely offered and supported.

Here is the start of a list of other places where drug research projects seeking volunteers are listed/advertised.

Please post any links that you are aware of!

MAPS
http://www.maps.org/participate/

I've just renamed and cleaned up this thread. I probably wasn't clear enough about what I was hoping for it:

What this one is about is links to other online places that are doing something similar to this Drug Studies forums: ie. they are dynamic lists of the research projects currently going on.

If you want to promote a link to a singular study, please give it its own thread :)

Thanks!

nuke's been listing some studies from clinicaltrials.gov here

They also keep lists of current studies under keywords of specific drugs:

For example,
Ecstasy
Heroin
Cannabis

Feel free to look through them and find any with web surveys as data collection methods, especially those that are open to international audiences!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Tronica!

Yes, there are many stories available on the web. I think we're going to hear more and more stories of people using "illegal drugs" as medicines. Here's my story (briefly):
I have been "depressed" (the reason for the quotation marks will become evident later) for most of my life. At age 43 (approximately 6 years ago) I found myself married with 2 little kids, in a crappy job, and desperately afraid of what the future held for the children of a suicidal, unhappy, depressive father. I had to do something and I had already decided that mainstream psychiatry didn't work for me. I had had some terrifying experiences with Cannabis and LSD in my teens & twenties and I just didn't feel that psychiatry came anywhere near addressing my real issues. I was, however, convinced that there was some value in the drug experience (specifically, the entheogenic drugs) although I was afraid of that experience going "wrong" and so I never used drugs for many years. Anyway, I had read online about people's positive experiences with Ecstacy and it sounded like a drug that I could safely use with little risk of having a bad trip. I eventually bought a couple of pills (which, I believe in hindsight, contained a good dose of real MDMA) and I very earnestly set about treating myself. This was "Medicine" to me. It took me a while to summon the courage but one evening (April 11, 2004 - Easter Sunday!) I lay down in a darkened room with no music, no distractions and took a pill and waited. I told my wife afterwards that it was like 2 or 3 hours of complete sanity. It would be overstatement to say that my depression was cured that evening - I think what happened was that I got a whole new perspective. "Depression" no longer seemed meaningful for me anymore. I realised how crucial it is to be kind to myself, etc., etc., etc.. You know, all that stuff people rave about when they've had that kind of experience. It felt glorious to breathe deeply and stretch my muscles as I lay there on the floor. It was a joy to drink plain, clear water. Looking back on that evening, I am struck by how "ordinary" the whole experience was - no hallucinations, no fireworks, no confusion, no panic, nothing Out of Control or Out of the Ordinary, yet profoundly affirming and life-changing. I felt (and still do) so GLAD to be here. The next day, I was still the person I was before but I had seen (experienced!) the possibilities and ever since that evening I have been becoming (or allowing myself to become) happier and happier.

Last edited:
Hey first off i want to say thank you for making this tread. I would love be chosen to be part of a study givin I believe i have a very odd condition. Although it will be nice to just get it out there and let people tell me what they think. I have not found anyone that shares my condition. I will try and get straight to the point, but I also want everyone to understand my situation. i am serious here, this is not made up for my own humor. it bothers me everyday because I can not find an answer anywhere.

I used to be a very heavy marijuana user about 2 years ago. three to four grams a day on average.
one day I was smoking in my bathroom when i finished i noticed in the mirror that i wasnt standing up completely straight. I tried to perk up as much as i could as i looked at my neck and felt around by the kink. It didnt seem right to me. I tried stretching out and leaning from side to side and my neck popped and cracked a few times. after the realization i always tried to straighten my neck by standing and sitting straight.
well at some point I quit smoking for about three months because I didnt like that i had become lazy and sort of an outcast.
but when i quit i forgot about my neck and stopped trying to "fix" it. The day came along that I started smoking again and I had a very intense feeling. It felt like I could perk up a great amount more when i got high. it felt like my neck and upper back muscles let me stand up straigher. it was a very odd feeling and it kind of bothered me. so othen times at my friends house i would sit in this certain chair that was nice for tall people cuz it had a really high head rest (im about 6'2, 6'3). in that chair i would get really high and just relax. it felt like the higher i got the more control of my neck muscles I had. often when i was trying to relax completely i could feel my neck stretch more and then id get alittle muscle spasm. it was annoying and it seemed like something wasnt right. i would look over at friend to my left and just see how perfectly straight his neck is. he is only about 2inches shorter than me, so its not like he was some perky short person. My dad, his dad, my uncle all seem to have a big kink in there neck as well. my cousin from that uncle not so much.
so this stupid feeling just dragged on and it was/is soo annoying. One day mushrooms where in town so me and three other friends buy some and eat them. I did mushrooms many many time before years ago. before i ever noticed my slouch and kinked neck. before i ever had this weird feeling. it never bothered me before.
so i ate some mushy and the come up was fine. just me sitting there smokin weed feeling this crazy unknow feeling in my neck muscles and spine or whatever it is thats going on.
then i started tripping. on the come up i could just feel it more and more. my muscles just relaxing allowing my spine to straighten. again it felt like i could control my muscles letting me stand up straight.
as the sharp come up that mushrooms give intensified i got scared. the feeling or "ability" to perk up like that got stronger. I started focusing and trying to go with it when my friends started asking me what i was doing. they started laughing at me. they didnt get it. my one friend knew cuz i explained it to him once. my other friend was just laughing asking me what was wrong with me. being almost peaking i couldnt really explain to him. i was just like "im a big guy you know?" and the feeling kept going. he just laughed. my other friend that knew what was going on just watched and gave me a kind of i understand that would be frustrating look.
I stood up and it felt like my neck was about to pop like crazy. just snap and be straight. it was crazy. i was scared shitless.
sooo i paced around for a minute and just kind told everyone i had to go and walked out. when i sat down in my car it felt better because i was slouching and i knew it wasnt going to snap straight into an unknow position if i purposely slouched. I decided i need to go home and tell my dad all about it. I decided i need to see a chiropractor.
I drove home and it was challenging to say the least. I was peaking. it kinda just felt like i was driving really drunk.
i got home. decided not to tell my dad anything. went to the basement and started just trying stretch and think about what was gonna happen. along with crazy deep insight too you know...
but the "ability" to stand like that faded and it wasnt AS intense as it was on the come up.
so i tried to explain to my dad about my neck the next day. bla bla ur crazy only old people like me have problems like that. I told him about how i landed on my head on a trampoline when i was about 8 and how my neck was really sore for days. i was a tough kid so i didnt tell anyone, but i remember having to sleep on my side in fetal position after that. before i had always slept great on my back.
soo i did not see a cyroprator.
I continued to smoke weed and the feeling would happen just the same. nothing like how it did when i tripped on mush that last time, but it was there. I continued to struggle with it and just kinda lived with it.
i went to 10k and lala paloza. rolled a couple times, but it didnt really make it more intense. i did make it less annoying though. SO... at underground sound 5 i came across some 2c-b. i traded 6 mints for 5 25mg 2c-b bee's. i chilled with the guy i traded and told him alittle bit about my neck and he just kinda shrugged. said idk man try it it might be different. Oh it was different.
i took half of one cuz 25mg is fatty. i took it with the mindset of ehh whatever i know this is gonna mess with my neck muscles. lets see if it works out.
after i took it this short buff guy i offered some rolls too pointed some guy my way. i told the guy i took the bee. he got excited for me and told me about it. he gave me some zanaflex for "when shit gets tight up there"
i was like greeaaattt here we go hahaha.
so it kicked in later on and i liked it. i told my friends about it and they started freakin me out. "you took a research chemical!! your an idiot!" i kinda brushed it off knowing it was too late to go back. all i could do was have a good trip.
the 2c kicked in more and i was in amazement. the body high was incredible and my neck muscles felt great. it felt like i was standing up straight without even thinking about it. sure my neck was cracking and poping, but it felt involuntary. I got paranoid and took a big zanaflex right away. my friends where like what was that... I said zanaflex some kid gave me cuz he knew i was gonna need it. they said i was dumb and i didnt know what i took. Im a person that trust people until they do me wrong so i didnt even think about that.
i got sketched out ran over by the tents i got it from and found that short buff guy and asked if it was really zanaflex. he calmed me down assuring me it was just zanaflex and he invited me to come chill with him until we found dude with the zanaflex cuz i wanted more lol.
during that time i told him about my spine and about how the mushy felt last time i took it. I told him that the 2cb was making me feel like that but times ten. he seemed to understand and he said "just chill... chill"
I closed my eyes relaxed as much as i could and took a long deep breath. on the exhale my neck went pop pop pop pop pop. It didnt hurt it didnt feel uncomfortable, but i asked myself. Is that normal? is that supposed to happen?
The short buff guy had the straightest posture i hav ever seen so I explained further my situation. he thought everything was alright until i told him i fell on my head on a trampoline when i was young. his reaction was bad "aahhhh man thats not good you should get that checked out" hahah
i hung out with him more until dude with the zanaflex showed up again. in the mean time i kept asking him and asking him. "do u feel that? does you neck crack? did this happen to you?" he just nodded and kept sayin "relax relax. ur fine dude just relax" haha
we found dude and i got more zanaflex. i went over to the short guy again and just thanked him and said srry for nagging you like that. he understood and i said peace maybe ill see you later on.
I went and chilled with my friends. I spared them with my huge neck story so i just told them how much i liked the trip. i explained it as mellow and controllable. conversation was effortless and i felt amazing just shootin the bull with them. especially my buddy who was on Lsd. it was the funniest thing to me how easily our convo just... happened.
I decided my neck wasnt right and i needed to see a chiropractor. so i fought the feeling and stopped going with it.
as the day went on the feeling whore down and i kinda missed it. It was back to the odd feeling of not being able to control those neck muscles. I think thats what it is...

I didnt take the other pills i had because i didnt have any zanaflex or muscle relaxers and i was worried.
weed still had the same effect as it did and it really bugged me.

I have recently been going to a chiropractor and have not been smoking for about 3 or 4 months. the first x-rays showed my c3 to c5 vertibreas where basically frozen. when i looked at the x-rays i was amazed to see that my spine seemed TO straight where those frozen vertibre are. The chiropractor said we can fix it and i was happy.
ive gone to him 7 times already and it seems to help. I ask him all sorts of questions about posture and wrong or right. told him my feeling (not about the drugs though) and he just said there is no such thing as standing up to straight as far as NORMAL goes.... whatever that is.
I wondered if it was fixed so I smoked some weed this weekend. ONE HIT...
I chilled and what do you know the feeling came back and i was upset for sure.
i forgot to mention when i quit about 6 months ago after underground sound and everything I smoked a bowl of some weed and the feelin was so intense i had to bail out on my friends and go drive around and slouch in my car. it makes me so mad i cant even chief.
i knew better to wait and see after one hit over the weekend.

I dont know its redicules. i hope someone can help me out. Im sure the other 2c variants do the same thing if not even more so. so thats what i would be interested in researching. this is so annoying. I'd love to be used in a study of what the heck is happening to me when this feeling comes on. i cant find an answer ANYWHERE. I read that 2c-b can be used as a tool for mind and muscle control. maybe that has something to do with it? does it fix it permanently? or just when your on it?

So thats my little situation
thank you to anyone for taking the time to read my dragged on write up. let me know what you think. any comment will be greatly appreciated
Thanks again

umm I am interested in taking one dose of MDMA and then loving my life afterward... PM me?

DXM changed my life. I was suicidal and after the 4th plateu i left my body and came in contact with dead people..... i know it sounds silly. But they where so content and so was i during this place/time/dimension. I recognised this place from when i my heart stopped for 10 min and left my body only to come back angry and empty. It was like i left a peace of my soul in the ether and got it back on DXM. I'm not saying i'm positive and happy all the time but i don't fear or contimplate death at all now. I welcome that life, and may as well enjoy this one. I'm 50kg and took 1800mg dxm hbr alone in the car with alot of pot to help me leave body. THAT'S ME. things can be different for everyone as we know. So good luck and use a trip sitter and research plenty befor trying these things out. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:
DXM changed my life. I was suicidal and after the 4th plateu i left my body and came in contact with dead people..... i know it sounds silly. But they where so content and so was i during this place/time/dimension. I recognised this place from when i my heart stopped for 10 min and left my body only to come back angry and empty. It was like i left a peace of my soul in the ether and got it back on DXM. I'm not saying i'm positive and happy all the time but i don't fear or contimplate death at all now. I welcome that life, and may as well enjoy this one. I'm 50kg and took 1800mg dxm hbr alone in the car with alot of pot to help me leave body. THAT'S ME. things can be different for everyone as we know. So good luck and use a trip sitter and research plenty befor trying these things out. Good luck everyone.

Jesus... I mean God love's you. welcome back pal

More

Hi makaveli777, I'll try and give you more information about my experience. Like I said in my previous post, I was not "cured of depression" on that evening BUT the insight I had made it possible for me to get well. I have spent most of my life looking for "the cure" - trying to fix a problem I thought I had. I DID "have a problem" - I WAS severely depressed. Now I'm exactly the same as I ever was but I no longer see a problem - I see opportunity, uniqueness. I know that sounds hokey but that's how I feel. Now I GET meditation, I GET Eckhart Tolle, I GET Zen, I GET yoga, I GET kids, I GET a lot of stuff that I previously didn't. I ain't enlightened, I ain't perfect and my life, as it is, ain't everything I'd like it to be but I'm heading in the right direction - I'm on my path - I'm CREATING my path and I'm now moving where I used to be stuck. I used to have deep doubts about myself - my worth, my "goodness", etc.. Those doubts are now (mostly) resolved. The feeling I got on that evening was "It's All Good". Maybe "feeling" is not an adequate word - I prefer "gnosis" - (to some extent) I know what I know and I know that I know it and I am not interested in convincing others about it or arguing with others about what I know or about whether or not I'm deluded, etc.. I kinda think you either get it or you don't. Of course, the trouble with that statement is that there is an enormous potential to alienate others - to dichotomise into those who get it and those who don't (the human brain is a dichotomising machine!). Actually, I think everybody gets it really - we just don't yet know that we get it! I'm ranting now. Gotta go. Cheers, -onthemend (that's wot I am)

I am manic depressive, and have sometimes heavy depressive episodes. But i tok some mephedrone and after that i was happy in some weeks, and then back too the up/down periodes. But i know it is possible with terapi and some "drugs" like mdma, mda, mephedrone... to help people with depression. Also lsd could be used to "reverse" your head, to make you think another way. Under supervision of doctors++ of course.

Im glad to offer myself for a study, with mdma, mda, mephedrone, lsd and ketamine, maybe some other drugs. Just pm me, i take the plane to where the study is. Everything for next generation. (and this)

I once shared a train carriage with a crowd of young people travelling to an all-day, all-night music/dance event (I was on my way to work!). Because alcohol was not allowed in (I guess they sold very expensive drinks inside), these kids were drinking way too many pre-mixed, canned drinks (I think vodka + Red Bull seemed to be the most popular) and they were exhibiting & comparing their party pills.
Because there were known to be police with sniffer dogs at the gate, they were either concocting clever plots to beat the dogs (not very likely, I think) or planning to drop most or all of their pills before entering, ie, at the very beginning of an all-day, all-night party - obviously a most unsatisfactory way to manage your inebriation for such an event and, I submit, a recipe for trouble of all kinds.
During the drunken repartee on the train, I observed the usual rivalries and clique behaviour amongst the kids - not explicitly unkind or cruel but certainly an expression of the Hierarchy of Cool that can cause many of us to feel inadequate or not hip/cool/smart/attaractive/sexy enough.
I SO wanted to advise them that whilst having a wild time with a crowd at a music event was a marvellous thing, there were other ways to use those pills.
I saw a pair of friends - sweet girls but underconfident and perhaps carrying a share of pain and hurt (my observation or my imagination?) - I wanted to suggest to them that they find a safe & quiet place, make themselves comfortable, and get to really know each other (using MDMA in its Medicinal mode) and really experience peace, love, respect, acceptance, etc.. Of course I didn't.
I have often thought it a tragically sad thing that we are denied the opportunity to safely sort ourselves out using real psychic medicines - real psychic medicines THAT WORK and ARE SAFE! We know enough now to put appropriate safeguards in place. I've made a first step for myself - I have more steps to take and I plan to take them as safely as I can manage. Gotta go now. All The Best, - onthemend

I have been and still currently taking 50-75mgs consistently of Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) for help in a sleep aid for almost 3 years -- I would be willing to enter study.

Thanks to everyone for posting. I'll try and link this thread up with some clinical researchers who might be interested! If there are any reading, please post or PM me. Cheers!

*BUMP*

If there are any clinicians reading who might want to do some case studies, we might be able to assist you.

i v meth user

would be very interested to have a cat scan to determine my natural levels of dopamine, and dopamine receptor activity, over a period of months of abstinence from meth use.
In the past I have been very slow to get personality back.
Is this a likely possibility?? I am currently living in Karratha WA.. possibly relocating to Queensland early 2012.. who do I speak to, to involve myself in this sort of research>

Hey Dani

Thats some expensive research that would have to be done to fund this and you wont find most regular PhD students having the budget for this on a large enough scale to make the research valid for application to the wider community. You can search university websites - they usually show what kind of studies theyre doing and shout out for participants. I studied psychology and students gag for participants in their studies, but yeah... Its a fairly niche market youre seeking.

If youre interested, why not fund the tests yourself?

All the best

Minxxxy