⫸STICKY⫷ Offsite Studies & Where can YOU, as a member, offer yourself for a study?

case study on aripiprazole, valproate, olanzapine treatment, compliance, and recreational drug interactions from a patient point of view (bipolar I diagnosis)

Subject : male (me), 31 years.

The first episode in life being major depressive for 6 months without treatment, starting during first college year in France at Paris VI (who on earth can not be depressed by pacing in this architectural asbestos laden nightmare campus, seriously ! ) escalating to a moderate/severe depressive episode requiring 150 mg venlafaxine daily (3 * 50 mg divided in the day, XR was not available in France at this time).

Diagnosis : unipolar depression

Revised diagnosis : bipolar I, current episode depressive

2002 Was a turning point since it was the year (in december, 7 2002) of a first mixed episode with psychotic/delusional features triggered by a burnout work condition (worked already as an IT engineer, self-educated by absorbing thousands of IT network admin books), receding into depression since olanzapine 2*10mg + 3* 20 mg prazepam were added and venlafaxine withdrawn (the olanzapine antidpressant effect being to weak to compensate the venlafaxine withdrawal and resultant depression)

The 2002-2008 period has seen a compensated phase without any kind of official treatment,guidance, and compliance, but including substance abuse (weak opioids - codeine) as a coping mechanism. This was later switched to buprenorphine (self-medicated) for it's emotional/blunt affect properties and antidepressive properties (based on high baseline reward and euphoria) rather than SSRI stimulation. dosage was 0.3 mg daily, which is low and at the border between pain relief dosage and opiate dependance maintenance dosage.

Recreational use of other substances included cannabinoids (some experiences creating a decompensation potential for a mixed state)
benzodiazepines (long half life bromazepam to a dosage of 18 to 24 mg per day at peak usage, in a 2 week acute use/ 2 week abstinence patttern. Physical BZD withdrawals symptoms were never observed)

No further professional diagnosis were made.

2008 Has seen an hypomanic phase during 1 month triggered by positive affective events reinforced by buprenorphine withdrawal, creating a sensory; affective, cognitive overload; escalating to an acute manic phase : psychotic/delusional persecutive and "impeding doom" ideation. These elements where non congruent with the manic phase, but too short lived to call it a "mixed state" At this time the diagnosis of bipolar I was officially done. the manic phase was treated with olanzapine 10 mg/day + 20 mg very weak BZD (prazepam)

Since 2008, my compensation mechanisms have greatly increased since it did not require any hospital commitment (commitment by request of a third party in 2002, commitment by choice in 2008) The treatment consisting of valproate 2*500mg and aripiprazole 20mg decreased over 3 years to 5 mg.

sometimes, aripiprazole is discontinued for 2 weeks to reduce the plasma concentration and during treatment the dosage strategy is a completely day by day tuned dosage (sometimes 5, sometimes, 10 mg, sometimes 20 mg) in order to explore the dose response stimulation/sedation curve of aripiprazole.

Cocaine hydrocloride and cocaine base (inhaled) were shown to have a diminished reward and euphoric effect during the 2009-2011 time line. probabbly because of the dopamine receptors blockade by aripiprazole and natural tolerance creating a dampening effect. runaway cocaine occured for the first 5 months with a peak use of 1g every 3 days, to a low of 1g every 3 weeks. slight depression symptoms emerged and were treated with venlafaxine 75mg XR. cocaine use decreased in 2011 Q4 and 2012 Q1

later, Venlafaxine was introduced at a range of 37.5 to 75 mg, dose-modulated each month by self-assessment and doctor guidance.

feb. 2012 has seen a protracted and incomplete burnout syndrome managed entirely with rest caused by acute use of ethylphenidate and intensive night work for the end of 2011 (3 weeks of 100+ hours of work/week, mainly IT cognitive intensive tasks)

I will update soon. take care !

But I'm also wondering if you guys think 30mg racemic methamphetamine IV would be considered too intense a dose.

Honestly, if I were one of the researchers, I would be very concerned about the ethical implications of their study. I mean, no antioxidants or anything in combination with a high-dose IV neurotoxin? I mean, jesus harold christ. There's no way that even half of the participants of this study could appreciate the neurological risk that it entails.

If I were you, I would go through with the study, but consider administering a ton of antioxidants beforehand. If you must deceive them, do so. The health of your striatal neurons is far more important than the integrity of their data. I recommend liberal doses of acetylcarnitine, CoQ10, and acetylcysteine prior to and a few days after the meth. The first two are highly unlikely to interfere with the results of their study, if I correctly understand their reasons for conducting it.

A ton of antioxidants is pretty vague. A "ton" of Ascorbic Acid (10 000 mg) is pro-oxidant in my understanding. I wouldn't take this study, especially since it's racemic meth. 15mg of l-Methamphetamine IV sounds unpleasant to say the least.

But yeah, pretty unethical study in my view, IV meth certainly is pretty unhealthy. I wonder why they didn't choose dextrorotatory and just lower the dose or something, perhaps they want to make it kinda unpleasant so they don't turn people into meth addicts.

Honestly, if I were one of the researchers, I would be very concerned about the ethical implications of their study. I mean, no antioxidants or anything in combination with a high-dose IV neurotoxin? I mean, jesus harold christ. There's no way that even half of the participants of this study could appreciate the neurological risk that it entails.

If I were you, I would go through with the study, but consider administering a ton of antioxidants beforehand. If you must deceive them, do so. The health of your striatal neurons is far more important than the integrity of their data. I recommend liberal doses of acetylcarnitine, CoQ10, and acetylcysteine prior to and a few days after the meth. The first two are highly unlikely to interfere with the results of their study, if I correctly understand their reasons for conducting it.

To the researchers, they just think "They signed the paper, we can't get sued, lets screw up some people's bodies!", considering most people who do drug trials for money probably don't know much about the drug they're testing or the paper they're signing at all.

If I were you, I would go through with the study, but consider administering a ton of antioxidants beforehand.

Agreed, within reasonable quantities. Every day: Standard multi-vitamin (with good amounts of B's in there), vitamin E, up to 2000mg of vitamin C, Magnesium, 5-HTP/melatonin at night.

Read up on a good anti-oxidant regimen and ask the researchers if you can take it. If they say you can't take vitamin C or E, that would raise a red flag IMO.

Yeah, that's a pretty good vitamin regimen. Probably good for everyday in general. I usually take 1000mg Vitamin C + Multivitamin + 200mg Magnesium + 1500mg lethicin

i just got out of the military and have had sooo many issues since i joined, panic, anxiety, depression and severe back pain, PTSD, anger and all types of stuff.. i would love to test for pain and any like benzo type things, sedatives etc... im in california so if anyone needs a 'guinea pig' or test subject let me know if you need me! :)

any researchers etc needing input from some one who has been diagnose clinicly depressed at 20 with other illness have used mdma,mdai,mpa,5-meo-dalt,mxe,ket,3-meo-pcp ,kratom, magic mushrooms not all at once but some in combination still here to tell the story and enjoyed every minute

happy to share info or add input to lagit research

Not sure if this is what this thread is exactly aimed at but I have something that I have always been curious on. My produces fructose (albeit small amounts). I am one of about 5 known people in the world to have this. Curious as to what sort of affect (if any) this would have on certain drug interactions. When I was little a top researcher from Chicago came to investigate my case. I am no longer in contacts with my parents and just know this because I asked once a few years back to provide me with my medical history. Again, sorry if this is the wrong place for this. Just kinda would like to know more about it myself :)

ALSO, I have a benign brain tumor in my thalmus. Again just wanting to get more info on this for me personally so if anyone is looking to use me as a guinea pig or wishes to know, I would be glad to have a conversation

^ It's 10 days late but if you see this; check out clininaltrials.gov they have a database of studies all over the world. Although this doesn't necessarily pertain to our forum; as it's centered around recreational drug use, and not general health, but do keep close watch on your health. A benign tumour in a place like that isn't something to forget about, I would still get scans done at certain intervals to make sure it doesn't grow and start pressing on things.

I know what I know and I know that I know it and I am not interested in convincing others about it or arguing with others about what I know or about whether or not I'm deluded, etc.. I kinda think you either get it or you don't. Of course, the trouble with that statement is that there is an enormous potential to alienate others

I think that the "trouble with that statement" is that there is an "enormous potential" for the word "know" being over used, :) lol.

Sorry, don’t mean to poke fun. I love sharing thoughts when encouraged by X also.

Last edited:
Any studies that have to do with benzos I would like to do. Contact me anytime. Been taking xanax for quite awhile for social anxiety disorder.

I am open to any type of study. I am 41 and have suffered from depression and anxiety most of my life. i have been on every antidepressant there is at one point or another and none of them had any effect on me . i get quite jealous when i hear people say for instance that their daily effexor makkes them happy and wish i could find something that will help . Benzos do help however my dr will not prescribe them because they are so addictive. currently i am on 600mg neurotin 4x .5 clonodine 4x and this only "takes the edge off" and the nagging feeling of constant anxiety is always present. I have completely lost faith in traditional psychiatry

I can offer myself to any study be it online or in real life (based in the UK).

I'm 20 years old, have a history of addiction to benzos, opiates, alcohol and abuse of amphetamines. I've also tried and experimented with various drugs but no hallucinogens. I've been in and out of psychiatric care - and that's how my addiction to benzos started at the ripe age of 16. My addiction to opiates at 15 when over prescribed a lot of codeine for a back problem. Currently I'm taking dexedrine daily for ADHD which has worked wonders for me, and I think the right diagnosis has finally been made regarding my mental health.

I would really like to take part in any psyciatric studies, as I find that the system is completely flawed, corrupt and unjust. Had I of been properly diagnosed with ADHD and not a "crippling anxiety problem" who knows what could have happened. Most likely deterred from a lot of drug abuse, helped me with my study and improved my quality of life significantly than what did happen by getting me hooked on pregabalin and diazepam.

I can offer myself to any (radical) study which could have the nice side benefit of helping me.

20-30 yrs of age. Ironically very healthy physically.
No diseases or conditions. Only the mental ones.
Not schizophrenic.
All body parts in place.
No surgery at all.
Drug use but for self medication.
No addictions.
No needles.

Magnetic stimulation, surgery, implants, experimental drugs, you name it. I think... no I know I represent a part of the population that can be of interest for researchers. I will remain anonymous and there's a lot of details I wont reveal but enough should be attainable from what I choose to share.

Location is not an issue if it's worth it.

Small studies, essays, etc is of no interest. It's participating in cutting edge treatments that could work for people like me I'm after.

As suicide is a very common thought and I'm not fond of life I wouldn't be too sorry to loose it, in fact that would be reducing suffering by total (excluding relatives ofc.), so dangerous potentially fatal experimental trials is of little concern or of any at all for me. As long as the plug is cut if it all turn out bad.

For a thread which describes me and my deep issues see this: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...s-not-treatment-resistant-IMPOSSIBLE-TO-TREAT!

Last edited:
I offer myself for study about LSD/DOB,mdma and weed

my strong point is I listen tons of music and whole world of auditory sensations is what I am good at,I know can describe very well how high dose LSD does change hearing

Has anyone heard of studies where they use gamma (ghb) for opiates and methadone detox?

I totally agree with you. I always believe whenever not over dose it, MDMA actually helps in my life.
I risk myself in street pills of E in past few years, but I hope to explore the positive side MDMA.

I lived with Depression for about 30 years. I took ONE DOSE of (good quality) MDMA in a carefully-prepared, clinical-type session and now I'm happy. I love my life. I'm not trying to be funny or provocative here - this is for real and I think it's a story worth telling. I'm just an ordinary guy who did for himself what mainstream medicine could not. Ï find typing tedious but I would be happy to provide more information to anybody who's interested. =D

FWIW, single-exposure to MDMA literally cured my best friend of debilitating ptsd/agoraphobia... he suffered his whole life from it due to his upbringing, to the point where he couldn't even go outside for years; it stopped him going to school in the sixth grade. and he had it; right up until he was exposed to MDMA, which suddenly somehow made it possible for him to have a social life whatsoever, with or without the drug... he is now a rather happy, socially competent person who can talk to girs and has otherwise remained completely drug-free over his entire lifetime.

if that sounds unbelievable;
that MDMA can literally Cure PTSD; i agree,
that it is an extraordinary claim to make...
but i have seen it do miracles with my own eyes.
and clearly, further research/understanding/anecdotal reports are needed on this.

<3Rhien

I wish to legally donate my brain to science after i pass on;
I believe it would be of use to any researcher looking to study any long term changes to brain structure that may be caused by lifelong marijuana smoking commenced in adolescence

this is a serious request/offer of donation.
this offer will remain open unless otherwise stated;
any information on how i might go about this would be greatly appreciated

kind regards <3