⫸STICKY⫷ Offsite Studies & Where can YOU, as a member, offer yourself for a study?

From your comment "In the past I have been very slow to get personality back" you might be interested in talking to someone about where you are at. I recommend ADIS who has a regional WA free call number and can advise you on services available in your area, assuming you stay in Western Australia:

WA Alcohol & Drug Information Service (ADIS)
Perth: 08 9442 5000
Regional WA: 1800 198 024
A 24-hour, confidential telephone service that provides information, counselling, referral and advice.

As minxxxy has commented, it would be unusual to find researchers able/willing to do this kind of work. Having said that, there are neuro researchers who do studies of brains of methamphetamine users. Here's an article from one of them: pdf

My 2 cents: if you are concerned about brain levels of dopamine, I'd recommending seeking treatment and taking a break from using. This will give you a better sense of where you are at and a chance for the body to detox.

Good luck!

Alcohol and it's weird affect on me

This had not happened until the past 6-8months.

Everytime I consume any alcoholic beverage now, I feel an IMMEDIATE sick feeling. Malaise, Dehydration, headache, soreness, weakness, energy loss. I mean, IMMEDIATE. I don't know why now it does that to me, but it never happened in the previous 12 or so years I've had a drink...or many. Last summer I was bartending and could drink during, before and after work. I did drink heavily for the 3 months of the summer and then I stopped drinking so heavily. Just 2x a week or so. But for a while now, I get that reaction in my body to ANY alcoholic beverage and don't know why.

I know Alcohol is supposed to dehydrate you, etc but, it's really weird how it affects me now. Thoughts????

-YLLC

My father told me that it can take 6 months to 1 year of abstinence from methamphetamine abuse to get your "self" back. I don't know how true this is, my father has never used methamphetamine. I have, but never got addicted to it or used it on an everyday basis. I've plugged it, shot it, smoked it, and snorted it lmao. One time I actually smoked 2mg of klonopin out of a crackpipe and it worked! LOL sorry getting somewhat off-track. I don't know of any research study...but in California I know there is something I think it's called The Amen clinic founded by Dr. Amen...I think that's his name. They do something like a cat scan to determine levels of neurotransmitters and more, but there have also been a lot of doctors who discredit the clinics because they feel the scan is inaccurate or something. There are also holistic programs that determine certain levels of amino acids and how they work with the neurotransmitters...but I'm really out of my realm of knowledge here, so some of what I wrote could be untrue.

...but in California

lol, UCLA actually has a number of neuro projects related to what you're interested in OP. Wanna come out to cali? =D who doesn't :p Tronica and the post above her's, I think, hit the needle, pun intended, on the head here imho.

Seek (professional ideally) help + get some time away from your DOC/drugs generally = the ticket to stability and harmonious bliss

I am most interested in studies regarding the use of MDMA to help those diagnosed with disorders like manic depression and PTSD, as I have been with both. I also suffer suicidal tendencies, fibromyalgia, and terrible insomnia which I think are all closely related to the PTSD and manic depression/bipolar disorder. While most of my experiences with MDMA (or 'ecstasy') have been for fun, there have been times where I ingested it and became extremely introspective and tried to sort through some of my life difficulties. I think participating in therapy enhanced by MDMA would be greatly beneficial to me in helping me work through all of my deep-seated issues. I think that if I were able to gain a new perspective and work through things while on MDMA, that I could face my day-to-day life much more easily, and perhaps even be "cured" (of sorts) like onthemend. I think since all of my conditions are related, that to be able to work through my underlying issues and come to an understanding with them (instead of constantly dwelling on them and all of the negatives my life) would ultimately lessen the effects or possibly even erase the bulk of my disorders.

Perhaps I am completely incorrect in thinking this, but I am willing to try. Conventional methods (medications, antidepressants, counseling, sessions with psychiatrists, etc) have yet to have much of an impact on improving my life. I know a lot of it is mental, and am not expecting a miracle, but I know that MDMA has a way of making me see things more clearly. It allows me to look at things in my life more objectively, as if they aren't my own problems, and therefore makes me able to see past those issues or a way through them... so using that along with counseling or therapy or something similar seems greatly beneficial to me. Perhaps I would no longer feel the need to use MDMA or other substances if I were able to reach such long-lasting mental clarity like onthemend has. If need be, I am even willing to travel wherever I am needed to participate in such a study. Even if my PTSD does not stem from war, it is still a serious condition that has held me back for the majority (16 years) of my short life (23 years). I want to be ale to enjoy my life rather than mourn it. I'd like to be a productive, functioning member of society. I'd like to make my family proud, and to one day have one of my own. But as much as I want all of these things, I am not sure I can do it on my own...

So, there you have it. While I would prefer a study centered around the use of MDMA as a therapeutic tool, if there is any study in regards to the above, I am willing to consider the possibilities. I would be honored if approached.

I have taken over 1000 ecstasy pills over a 19 year period. In the first year I had one or two weekends of no e and in the following years I caned it for around 4-5 years. Since then I have taken it regularly but not abused it. I would be happy to be studied!

There's a drug study in my area coming up, I was wondering what to expect if I join

I don't like med studies, being confined, all that shit. But this pays alright.

They dose you with meth on day 1 or 2, and keep you loaded with wellbutrin and nalaxone for 12 days total. on day 10 the hit you with another blast of meth.

Just wondering if this sounds sketchy at all. I'm not really worried, but normally when I get high I like to take hella benzos to curb my depression on the comedown. I sincerely DOUBT that these other pharms will do that.

But I'm also wondering if you guys think 30mg racemic methamphetamine IV would be considered too intense a dose. I've smoked it and snorted it, but it's not like I ever weighed it out before hand. I think I'd be able to handle it (I've done it only a few times), but how much would you say it differs from 2 big rips off some high quality crank? last time I did that I was high as fuck and it wasn't so bad, just the comedown blew and I like to sleep like the rest of all animals.

OFF TOPIC? I dunno, thanks to anyeone if they share a thought or two

Sort of off-topic as this forum is for the posting of actual studies (ongoing or completed) and not for chit-chat about the latest newspaper article, etc.

However, I can see merit in a thread like this to discuss what to expect when you participate in a study; especially if it involves the use of active substances. [Other mods voice your thoughts]

As for your substance related question; that's more an Other Drugs specialty, but I'll take a stab nonetheless. I haven't done the IV thing or meth thing but I have done proper weighed doses of pure racemic amphetamine, dextro amphetamine (oral, sublinual, and nasal). 30mg is definitely a strong dose for a non-tolerant user and will produce a signifigant high, but it shouldn't be dangerous under normal circumstances. I would expect the IV and vaporization routes to produce similar onset times so take that into account. I would imagine 30mg of IV methamphetamine to be strong but with your previous use it should be manageable (or enjoyable :p).

I'm not sure about the interactions of wellbutrin, naloxone, and methamphetamine. By the looks of it, that would be my primary cause for concern (day 10). They may provide a benzo on the comedown and they may not; you'll have to ask them (ask them a lot of things, you're the guinea pig).

Also make sure you read the entire procedure, all that it entails, and that they have verified ethics approval. This sounds a mite sketchy but possible with the proper safeguards. Do your research and exercise your right to ask a million questions.

Adderall/vyvanse high dose 60mg 10 years+ up for study

ive been perscribed vyvanse and adderall interchangably since the 3rd grade and i am a senior now, and would really like to be apart of a study and am curious how i could go about doing so.

There have been a few ADHD/stimulant survey studies come through this forum; I suggest you use the 'advanced search' feature.

Also check out http://www.clinicaltrials.gov ; they are a database that lists many drug studies internationally.

WOW i have to wish u all luck.. and that u all if u havent already gets the awnsers u need and the relief that u deserve....

If anyone wants to do a study on synthetic cannabinoids

I have recieved permenant GI Discomfort from overdoses / moderate - heavy use. My throat / chin / neck area also feels weird and tight and it is very uncomftorable sometimes.
My fiancee has had severe migranes, anxiety disorders, severe tinnitus and smoking cannabis now makes her feel weird (unlike any high she has ever experienced she says) and smoking cannabis usually just results in more panic attacks anyway now for her so she has taken a break to see if it might get better. Recently her anxiety has improved a bit and so has the tinnitus since taking natural suppliments but it is still prominent. It has become some what bareable she says but before she was talking about ending her own life. This was all from a one off overdose, she never used them again after.

Sometimes we both get flashbacks to overdoses that feel horrible, I have OD'ed on am-2201 before and it was nothing like what we experienced after a supposed am-2201/2233 blend that is 20x as worse, the overdoses are worse then hell its self and the withdrawals were a bitch as well. We both just feel 'different' or 'weird' since then and its not just us creating a placebo effect. Sometimes I get precise pangs of pain that I cannot describe, its not in a part of my body, just a twang of pain (That sounds insane I know) but this is infreqeuent. My negatives are nothing compared to my fiancee's and it eats me up in side that I may have ruined her what was once daily, lovely relationship with cannabis and caused so many things that make it hard for her to live her day to day life as it was me who encouraged her to smoke the synthetics.

Alcohol and it's weird affect on me

This had not happened until the past 6-8months.

Everytime I consume any alcoholic beverage now, I feel an IMMEDIATE sick feeling. Malaise, Dehydration, headache, soreness, weakness, energy loss. I mean, IMMEDIATE. I don't know why now it does that to me, but it never happened in the previous 12 or so years I've had a drink...or many. Last summer I was bartending and could drink during, before and after work. I did drink heavily for the 3 months of the summer and then I stopped drinking so heavily. Just 2x a week or so. But for a while now, I get that reaction in my body to ANY alcoholic beverage and don't know why.

I know Alcohol is supposed to dehydrate you, etc but, it's really weird how it affects me now. Thoughts????

-YLLC

If the alcohol is made with wheat, could be a gluten issue. I know alot of people live for years with gluten allergies and dont even know, so maybe you have just reached the point that it is showing effects now.

If anyone wants to do a study on synthetic cannabinoids

I have recieved permenant GI Discomfort from overdoses / moderate - heavy use. My throat / chin / neck area also feels weird and tight and it is very uncomftorable sometimes.
My fiancee has had severe migranes, anxiety disorders, severe tinnitus and smoking cannabis now makes her feel weird (unlike any high she has ever experienced she says) and smoking cannabis usually just results in more panic attacks anyway now for her so she has taken a break to see if it might get better. Recently her anxiety has improved a bit and so has the tinnitus since taking natural suppliments but it is still prominent. It has become some what bareable she says but before she was talking about ending her own life. This was all from a one off overdose, she never used them again after.

Sometimes we both get flashbacks to overdoses that feel horrible, I have OD'ed on am-2201 before and it was nothing like what we experienced after a supposed am-2201/2233 blend that is 20x as worse, the overdoses are worse then hell its self and the withdrawals were a bitch as well. We both just feel 'different' or 'weird' since then and its not just us creating a placebo effect. Sometimes I get precise pangs of pain that I cannot describe, its not in a part of my body, just a twang of pain (That sounds insane I know) but this is infreqeuent. My negatives are nothing compared to my fiancee's and it eats me up in side that I may have ruined her what was once daily, lovely relationship with cannabis and caused so many things that make it hard for her to live her day to day life as it was me who encouraged her to smoke the synthetics.

Hi OTGee... I am doing research on synthetic cannabinoids in Australia. I've done a literature review recently and there are other cases of GI problems which have been linked to synthetic cannabinoid use. There are also some pharmacological reasons why we would expect synthetic cannabinoids to be more harmful than cannabis although more research is needed.

Are you able to access any treatment?

MDPV in the midwest

Would love to participate in a study of MDPV or its close relatives. I was a daily MDPV user for 9 months before the DEA ban. I handle it well, no anxiety, can control re-dosing compulsions. However, when I am unconscious and have MDPV in my system I will constantly kick my legs and talk or yell insane and horrible things. What has been described to me sounds like I am running in place while reliving childhood sexuall abuse from the vantage point of my abuser. I have a lot of issues that preclude me from mainstream drug studies. I smoke cigarettes, take opiates for back and leg pain, and psych meds for PTSD and Bipolar Type 1 w/ psychotic features. But if your study is near Kansas City and you want me, drop me a line.

i am a willing participant for clinical trials with new medications...especially if they have anything related in any sort of thing that may cause psychedelic reactions but also may be used to help with other situations. anyways...im definitely a willing participant. i've always been interested in such a thing...(I'll eat the brownie lol)

I have what I think is a unique experience:

I am 36 years old and have used DXM in almost every day use since the age of 25. I am a software engineer and a family man that has been able to not only keep my job and social status, but have also improved my career and family situation. The only negatives I've found from using almost daily 3rd plateau doses is annoying sweating and some memory loss (stuff like peoples names, which do come back, they just take longer to remember). When I find myself having more negative effects, I quit for a few days and seem to come back to normal. Most euphoric effects have left me, except for 1k+ mg doses, but since I'm addicted, I still find it somewhat worthwhile for the anti-depressant effects at lower dosages. I did quit for about a year, but I'm pretty much stuck as a self medicating dxm user for now, until I can either swap it out or find something that can switch my brain off to the need to get high. People, don't follow my lead, I'm obviously a freak.