• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Butalbital and Codeine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xan_Bar_Man

Greenlighter
Tomorrow when i wake up im eating these 2 acetaminophen hydrocodone and taking 3 butalbital. ive heard it was a nice combo. leave some info ill be back tomorrow evening to talk about it

sorry meant to say hydrocodone in the heading, anyway, was quite a pleasant buzz. When to school, felt great was talking to everyone very friendly like. then around 4 hours later it started to fade :( so i crashed. good experience noit worth the APAP imo but wasnt that bad.

I've been known to take about 6 at a time. It's interesting. If you like it, you might like Tramadol. The combo of the caffeine and the codeine and barbs in the mixture I find to be a less pleasing but similar high. But it lasts about 8 hours and coming off it has never been any trouble. And Tramadol isn't regulated.

I have easy access to a medication under the name of Fiorinal, containing 50mg Butalbitol, 325mg Asprin :/ 40mg Caffeine, and 30mg codeine.

Being a tall guy, 220lbs+ (99.8Kg) and having a small tolerance, I usually dose around 6 of them to get a good high.

The butalbitol gives a good numb feeling, especially in the face, and the codeine gives a lovely opiate buzz.

I've even ventured to take as high as 12 of these capsules before - VERY numb and high, but still functional.

Duration: Opiate high wears off around 5 hours, but the butalbitol seems to keep me numb/high for at least 8 hours.

Last edited:
As far as I am concerned Butalbital is pretty damn unpleasurable. Unless your idea of a great time is having all the physical effects of being drunk without the mental inebriation. :\

would anyone ever snort butalbital????? i have a capsule called zebutal used for like migraines or something.... and i would like to know would it be better just to release the powder and sniff or does it really matter? would it hurt to try or just swallow??/ im still on would like an answer..

:eek: i just posted somethin g... i new to this ... trying to see what the advanced post means.. =)

When i first read this i thought you were talking about Fioricet w/ codeine.

I don't see why this is a particularly bad idea, it'd be a hydrocodone buzz with a little extra sedation and some caffiene. Normal Fioricet, the one without the codeine, has Butalbital 50mg ( a barbiturate ), acetaminophen 325mg, and caffiene 40mg.

Things to be cautious of with this combo - Since butabital is a barbiturate, it's a CNS depressant. To what degree i'm not exactly sure ( it didn't seem very strong, but thats subjective because i have a tolerance to downers ), but since it's a babiturate i would be careful. Barbiturates are notorious for being dangerous in combination with other CNS depressants.

Also, watch your acetaminophen intake. The hydrocodone has apap in it and so does the Fiorcet, be careful not to exceed 4 grams ( 4000mg ) of apap.

^ 4 grams total in 24 hours, right?

What is the threshold per dose? Around a gram?

would anyone ever snort butalbital????? i have a capsule called zebutal used for like migraines or something.... and i would like to know would it be better just to release the powder and sniff or does it really matter? would it hurt to try or just swallow??/ im still on would like an answer..

You'd be consuming acetaminophen and caffeine.

Yeah, its unfortunate that some don't get positive effects from the weaker, more readily available (in my case anyway) substances. Although, once you step up to the big boys these are pretty much useless - except maybe as potentiators. I'll count myself as lucky :) ...until I develop a tolerance, that is.

Yeah, its unfortunate that some don't get positive effects from the weaker, more readily available (in my case anyway) substances. Although, once you step up to the big boys these are pretty much useless - except maybe as potentiators. I'll count myself as lucky :) ...until I develop a tolerance, that is.

I think that is how the OP is using them in the first place...

Don't waste your time snorting them, theres lots of APAP in there as well as caffeine, as K'ed out said.

Fioricet with Codeine is a nice buzz, if you get the version without caffeine its even better.

Butalbital is nice to increase the effects of opiates. Its also nice to combine with benzodiazepines for a great release of GABA but you got to be careful, make sure you've got a tolerance because even though Butalbital is weaker than say Secobarbital, it still IS a barbiturate

Don't waste your time snorting them, theres lots of APAP in there as well as caffeine, as K'ed out said.

Fioricet with Codeine is a nice buzz, if you get the version without caffeine its even better.

i'd think the formulation without caffeine would be a nice "little helper". ;)

what would awesome is a pill with oxymorphone(or oxycodone) and secobarbital instead of codeine and butalbital. :D

Butalbital is nice to increase the effects of opiates. Its also nice to combine with benzodiazepines for a great release of GABA but you got to be careful, make sure you've got a tolerance because even though Butalbital is weaker than say Secobarbital, it still IS a barbiturate

barbs + benzos = getting thrown out of a bar or club because you're getting in fights or coming on to every chick in the place or you took your pants off or you simply passed out.

i'd think the formulation without caffeine would be a nice "little helper". ;)

what would awesome is a pill with oxymorphone(or oxycodone) and secobarbital instead of codeine and butalbital. :D

You mean Fioribarb oxymorphone formulation? I've got 5 left.

Status
Not open for further replies.