• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How long does it take for your lungs to heal after you stop smoking?

well lungs start healing themselves after 4 days of non smoking, pretty incredible really.
Two weeks later and you have reduced chances for a load of diseases and then in a couple of months you're back to fighting fit.

Smoking cigs/weed aren't the same thing. There's never been a case of a cannabis-only smoker contracting lung cancer, it just doesn't have the same health risks.
Although cancer may not be directly linked to it the health risk part is absolute bullshit!! My dad has never smoked nicotine in his life but was a pot smoker for 30+ years.. He now has chronic COPD... Inhaling burnt plant matter into your lungs is not good for you man. Any form of smoke. I'm all for weed and decriminalization but let's be real here...

Yeah, and I don't know about 2009, but it's pretty well-established now, 9 years after this thread, that repeated pot smoking can lead to COPD. I don't think anyone in this thread was claiming there are NO health risks, just that they're on a completely different level from cigarettes, which I still believe to be the case.

Smoking cigs/weed aren't the same thing. There's never been a case of a cannabis-only smoker contracting lung cancer, it just doesn't have the same health risks.

If he was talking about cancer he wouldn't be talking about recovery, dude. Lung disease rates are still very high with smoking weed.

Yeah, and I don't know about 2009, but it's pretty well-established now, 9 years after this thread, that repeated pot smoking can lead to COPD. I don't think anyone in this thread was claiming there are NO health risks, just that they're on a completely different level from cigarettes, which I still believe to be the case.

I like that we're all so fucking high on this forum, we bump 10 year old threads and it takes like 5 replies for someone to tell everyone it's old because they didn't notice. And it's a regular, frequent occurrence.

Smoking weed actually helps heal your lungs after smoking cigarettes. I know, it sounds crazy. But it?s real. Look it up.