Songs That Make the Club Go Crazy

Juice.

Bluelighter
Post the songs that get everybody hyped up and bring everyone to the dance floor.

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo : When they play this in the club people go nuts. Especially the last big build up near the end, when the beat drops, people are jumping all over the dance floor. The best part is that this song has no lyrics whatsoever, just amazing production.
Global Deejays - San Francisco : Everyone sings along with this track. The first time I heard it, I thought it was kind of fruity, but now I can't get enough of it. The 30 second sample would normally turn everyone off, but instead, everyone just slows down and sings along. Than when the beat drops, god damn.
Eric Prydz - Proper Education : Whenever I'm in the club and I hear that intro tune, it gets me hype as fuck, even when I'm sober. I look around and everyone is mouthing the lyrics. It's the most amazing feeling.

LOL @ eric prydz...... Songs that make the club go crazy kinda depends on demographic. IE. 80s night, hip hop night, or do you mean like a "rave party" or Jungle night or dubstep, or trance, etc???

I can tell you that u have to know your audience....

Post the songs that get everybody hyped up and bring everyone to the dance floor.

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo : When they play this in the club people go nuts. Especially the last big build up near the end, when the beat drops, people are jumping all over the dance floor. The best part is that this song has no lyrics whatsoever, just amazing production.
Global Deejays - San Francisco : Everyone sings along with this track. The first time I heard it, I thought it was kind of fruity, but now I can't get enough of it. The 30 second sample would normally turn everyone off, but instead, everyone just slows down and sings along. Than when the beat drops, god damn.
Eric Prydz - Proper Education : Whenever I'm in the club and I hear that intro tune, it gets me hype as fuck, even when I'm sober. I look around and everyone is mouthing the lyrics. It's the most amazing feeling.

This is gonna sound really patronising, but you've obviously not been to many clubs if you think that 'Proper Education' gets everybody hyped up. It's incredibly cheesy, and shows the worst side of Eric Prydz - the side that likes making $$$. Let's face it - any numpty can take a classic rock song and add a generic electrohouse beat. In most of the clubs I go to, if the DJ played that, the promoter would never book them again!!!

This is gonna sound really patronising, but you've obviously not been to many clubs if you think that 'Proper Education' gets everybody hyped up. It's incredibly cheesy, and shows the worst side of Eric Prydz - the side that likes making $$$. Let's face it - any numpty can take a classic rock song and add a generic electrohouse beat. In most of the clubs I go to, if the DJ played that, the promoter would never book them again!!!

You live in the UK - the song was a hit in your area, so I'm sure the elitists don't like it. I live in America - the song was never popular, it received no radio play. When people hear it they usually hear it for the first time, but everyone knows the Pink Floyd track. So it's easy for everyone to get into it.

I could not care less about how difficult it was or wasn't to produce a track. All I care about is that the music sounds good. Music, especially dance music, isn't about elitism and arguments over what constitutes "real" or "selling out". Save that shit for hip-hop or rock.

You live in the UK - the song was a hit in your area, so I'm sure the elitists don't like it. I live in America - the song was never popular, it received no radio play. When people hear it they usually hear it for the first time, but everyone knows the Pink Floyd track. So it's easy for everyone to get into it.

I could not care less about how difficult it was or wasn't to produce a track. All I care about is that the music sounds good. Music, especially dance music, isn't about elitism and arguments over what constitutes "real" or "selling out". Save that shit for hip-hop or rock.

Does it not make you cringe in the slightest when you hear it in a club? - I mean, the original 'Another Brick In The Wall' is a brilliant song, so why doesn't the DJ just play that? Haven't you heard that same electrohouse groove a million times before? - do you really get pleasure from hearing it for the million and oneth time, but this time with the Pink Floyd track over the top of it?

MDMAhead posted everything I was coming in here to say. ha!

Juice., That might be the case in the club scene in Utah, but in SoCal that type of generic cheesy euro-house is everywhere, and in no way would I, or most of the other respectable electronic music connoisseurs, ever go crazy for those tracks.

The club scene has been destroyed by generic EDM, made solely for the purpose of raining in the dough.

However, this is not to knock down anyone for their personal tastes, these are merely my opinions on the matter. If you like the music being played, more power to you, but I urge you to really dig deep and look at that type and other types of EDM through a microscope. You'll see the truth behind all of it.

/rant

Last edited:
MDMAhead posted everything I was coming in here to say. ha!

Juice., That might be the case in the club scene in Utah, but in SoCal that type of generic cheesy euro-house is everywhere, and in no way would I, or most of the other respectable electronic music connoisseurs, ever go crazy for those tracks.

The club scene has been destroyed by generic EDM, made solely for the purpose of raining in the dough.

However, this is not to knock down anyone for their personal tastes, these are merely my opinions on the matter. If you like the music being played, more power to you, but I urge you to really dig deep and look at that type and other types of EDM through a microscope. You'll see the truth behind all of it.

/rant

It's a shame that even EDM isn't safe from goddamn elitists. Going to the club is about having a good time and dancing with girls. It's not about bitching cause a song is too mainstream for your taste. I'm not going home and listening to mainstream house in my home or in my leisure time. But this "generic house" makes normal people, the mainstream, get hype at the club. Get over it.

Everyone else is dancing while you elitists turn your nose up and act like some EDM knowledge gods who only listen to the "real" music. Give me a break.

Who said I (we) didn't like the songs because they were "main-stream"? Hell I could care less if everyone knows the songs!

The keywords in my post should have been "generic" and "cheesy", which is what those songs are in my opinion.

If you're going to come in here asking for opinions, don't get rude when you finally get them and they're not all agreeing with you.

For what it's worth, I really like 'Pjanoo' - I've always had a bit of a thing for uplifting piano house :) Eric Prydz has so much talent, there's no denying that!

On the other hand, 'The Sound Of San Francisco' is terrible! Sorry, it's just my opinion!

Juice. said:
But this "generic house" makes normal people, the mainstream, get hype at the club. Get over it.

Maybe so, but I can't help thinking that's just because they've never heard any other types of dance music.

When I lived in Melbourne, I went to a club (QBH) on a few occasions that sounds a lot like the club you go to - the venue was really good - it was big, it had a good soundsystem, and good lazers, but it was full of 18/19 year-olds, and the music was very commercial house (often interrupted by the DJ talking shit over the mic!). Of course, they all loved it when the DJ played a big commercial anthem ('Put your hands up for Detroit' springs to mind). But for most of them, I'd guess that that was the first (and only) club they've ever been to. I'm sure some of these people couldn't care less what the music was, but for those that do really like music, I bet they'll move on to other genres and other clubs within a couple of years - afterall, there's so much good dance music out there!!!

Seeing as you like 'Pjanoo', here's a few classic piano-house tunes:

Congress - 40 Miles (vocal version)

Offshore - I Can't Take The Power

Black Box - Ride On Time

^ Yes Fedde is pretty popular, especially when the DJ has the "genius" idea to edit the song to say "Put your hands up for (whatever city he is playing in)".