**ATTENTION: Need DJs who can stream for the Bluelight Christmas Party**

woohoo! gracias amigo :)

All of you will be getting a PM from either me or AE sat, sun, or monday to try and finalize set times and what not.

If you're going to be playing a recorded set then all you'll need to do is provide either a valid link or a download link to your set.

Hootie-hooooo

Recording the set tonight electro/fidget coming your ways guys, think about an hour. Summary of my favorite 2009 tracks (well most of them). And maybe a few 2008

woohoo! gracias amigo :)

All of you will be getting a PM from either me or AE sat, sun, or monday to try and finalize set times and what not.

If you're going to be playing a recorded set then all you'll need to do is provide either a valid link or a download link to your set.

Hootie-hooooo

Wicked man ^_^ I'll try get on the case of putting together a mix tonight (choosing tracks and stuff). I'll also try keep it a varied set with regards to genres.
A nice big mishmash of stylez ;)

Could anyone give me a walk through explaining how to broadcast a live set?

I've downloaded WinAmp, but I don't know where to go from there.

I have an UA-1ex, so I can broadcast the sound from my mixer onto my sound card.

Thanks

I don't think they're going ahead with the "streaming from your comp to the specially-Chrimbo-broadcast comp" anymore, but they are accepting mixes for you to send to the person hosting the "Specially-Chrimbo-Broadcast Comp". So, get a mix together before the 19th and send it to one of the EMD mods ;)

I may be mistaken though, so just to clarify - Is the streaming bizniz going ahead x2 or are we doin pre-recorded mixes?

to be honest, im not sure.

We're trying to find a simpler way to stream live sets other than the current method we have, but until thats done anything goes....i guess.

I should probably answer this sober lol, let me get back to you tomorrow

In the mean time, feel free to hound Zzyzx to get up a guide as to how to use the current system, or hound him to find a better way to broadcast your tunes :p

Truth is that, eventho this was my idea, i'm not personally familiar with the system. Havent used it in a decade!

All the instructions are toroughly detailed and the software is free though http://www.shoutcast.com/download

If somebody can provide a high bandwith server for the duration of the party it would also be greatly appreciated.

dude, I have no idea hot to set this shit up

this is the challenge i'm having as well. i'm playing a party on saturday night along with a few friends and i'd be down to broadcast the whole thing... i kinda don't understand the technical side of how to do it though :\ my friend used to use shoutcast and it was a bitch. laptop and wireless at the party are fairly certain though, so let me know if the process can be simplified.

I was kinda thinking that people were going to host and stream from their own boxes probably with a cap. Like I dunno, how many users can connect with a basic connection - not many.

OR pay for hosting. How much would that be for the weekend? I could chip in $40 US or something. I think like 150 users tops is fine. How much does that cost?

yo ChemSmile im swayin that way anawl,
also if you pre record it you can go back and tweak certain bits/edit out minor mistakes out before
making the final copy.

oh and the only thing i can think for the lower sound quality in the program while mixing is if its a cracked copy (like downloaded)
I know that the demo versions of traktor have lowered sound quality (as its a demo), so if its a cracked copy *(of the demo) then this might be the reason?

at the moment i use Traktor Pro 3.2 (going from traktor 1 to that is a helluva change!)
and the software is fucking amazing!

oh and Thizzer - you shouldnt sober up! the best ideas are formed while wasted :p

I play minimal, techno (not the shit kind), acid and that sort.
I can supply up to 3 one hour (or slightly over) mixes.

Any requests for tracks to mix in, PM me.
(that is IF this all works out)

just to ask the mods though, is this just a virtual party or are there physical locations?

peace,
Sega420

alright everyone, don't panic :p

It might take another day just to figure all this stuff out, but we'll work it all out.

The way its probably going to work out is that if someone wants to do a live set they're going to have to find their own way to broadcast it. If you're still interested in doing this, when you receive the PM from me or AE trying to try and set things in stone, you're going to have to give us all your info (url to the broadcast, what time its going to be happening, etc).

For those who want to broadcast a recorded set, they're going to have to send it in to me or AE when you receive the PM and we'll broadcast it ourselves (either via Zzyzx's way, or maybe even stickcam)

We're still looking into all of this, so sit tight, but we're working our hardest trying to get this all done so it can all be in order and kick some ass for the party

Thank you for your patience :)<3

Its a live video streaming site (aka webcam interaction site)

They have some radio station shows on there so i know its possible to stream music, and you dont have to download anything to get to it.

Ill have to look into it a bit more, but I think that might be the direction we're heading in here unless anyone has any suggestions.

Stickam.com

It provides a chatroom to go with the feed as well so that might be interesting

ah, so is that like the hypercam vids you sometimes see on youtube?

I wouldnt know, ive never heard of such a thing :p

a message to everyone: Im going to have some free time tonight (hopefully) so with that free time im going to investigate the methods posted above.

Thats another site Ive been looking into.

The thing is, I know there's a way to adjust the settings so that music is streamed directly from the computer instead of via the microphone, I'm just not sure how to set that all up.

If that can be set up then we're in good shape.

Last edited:
and we are in goooood shape! :)

Ill be sending out PMs to all of you guys tonight and tomorrow!

ill upload the mix later today to mediafire (as a backup incase i cant stream)

just a bump to put it at the top of page
BUMPITTILY BUMPTY BUMP