• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

What is the weather like where you are this holiday season?

Mariposa

Bluelight Crew
Today's weather report (Bay Area, CA) - 39F and will rain later in the day, highs mid-forties. I know, I know, it could be worse.

What's your holiday weather like right now?

Today. ~0C Snowing but melting on the ground, makes for a slushy, wet mess.

Really dark too. Rather tired, depressing winter day.

Wow, now I feel like we have beach weather compared to some of you guys. Its currently 45F at 1:30 in the afternoon.... at night I can see my breath INSIDE our house!

Don't you people heat your homes? Try setting your thermostat to 65 at night to keep it somewhat reaosnable.

I'm a college student renting a house. Granted, its a beautiful old home from the '30s, but with that comes not-so-modern things like central heating, so the one little tiny heater that the house has is in the living room and heats ONLY the living room, and even that it doesnt do very well....

Today's weather report (Bay Area, CA) - 39F and will rain later in the day, highs mid-forties. I know, I know, it could be worse.

What's your holiday weather like right now?

39F?????

Thats hilarious.

Yesterday it was 39 here as well................39C that is.

True story.

Today thankfully its a cooler 26c or so.

Still hot and muggy ....but its cooler at night, so I've been sleeping without airconditioning for the past two days. Hurrah!

9F feels like -9F. YAY for walking to school in winds gusting 28 MPH. 8(

No offense to whomever chose it but the colors in this forum are not helping my mood from the weather.

/Grench

Where are you guys at Amy and Maria?

Southeastern Ontario: Definite snow day today. We're in a storm and the roads are messed. It's about -2C. It's supposed to go above the zero this afternoon, turn to rain and wash all the white stuff away. Oh and it's windy too.

And I'm sick.. I got the day off.

39F?????

Thats hilarious.

I know metric almost as well, Mazza. Most Americans my age-ish and younger (or anyone in science/engineering) have been taught both, just only one is used unless you're in a city by either the Canadian or Mexican border. American cars also come with mph and kph (or at least all the newer models I've seen do). Yeah, we're still backwards, I know =D

39F = 4C

Right now it's clear, 31F (-1C for Mazza ;)). This is rare for my area, usually it's in the 50s this time of year. fizzle is a bit inland and north of me, so it's probably cooler where she is... hope you are staying warm Fizzle <3 I'd be dead of hypothermia if not for my space heater!

Right now we're in the middle of a blizzard. We got 17 inches of snow by 9 this morning and it's still supposed to be going strong until late tonight. We're having up to 40 mph wind gusts and the temperature right now is 29F. I'm not sure what the wind chill is and I don't really care to know. Everything is canceled or closed.

when i left my house this morning it was 0 degrees fahrenheit (-17 celsius). we got two feet of snow in the last 2 days and there's more in the mail for this weekend.

it's a winter wonderland here (south lake tahoe, ca, usa) :)

alasdair

Where are you guys at Amy and Maria?

Southeastern Ontario: Definite snow day today. We're in a storm and the roads are messed. It's about -2C. It's supposed to go above the zero this afternoon, turn to rain and wash all the white stuff away. Oh and it's windy too.

And I'm sick.. I got the day off.

Hello . I'm in the Philippines...South East Asia...this is the warmest December we've had in a while, it was much colder last year. Damn global warming. I think the monster typhoons we had in the last couple of months have something to do with it too...grrrr.
Right now its 82 degrees, low of 78, 74% humidity. :X

Hope you feel better soon. Dayum, I've never experienced below zero weather, even when I was in Canada...I'd probably die ;)

Hahaha... this color scheme is awesome!

Anyways, it's pretty cold. Like 15 degrees Fahrenheit. That's about -10 in Celcius. It sucks and my feet are cold, even in my relatively warm house.

Right now its 82 degrees, low of 78, 74% humidity. :X

Wow, I would not mind that at all. :)

Hope you feel better soon. Dayum, I've never experienced below zero weather, even when I was in Canada...I'd probably die ;)

Thanks, I'm starting to come around. Where I live we get the full spectrum. It goes up to 30C in the summer and down to -30C in the winter. Anything below -20C is a real kick in the chops :\

Southwestern Ontario (Canada):
- Temp = -4C
- Feels Like (wind-chill) = -11C
- Blizzard + Occasional rain = slush
- 48km/h winds. Not nice.

"Lake Effect Snow" expected for tomorrow. This means tonnes of snow dumped on us thanks to the air cooling as it passes above the Great Lakes. It's like being in a freezer. Fuck.

North Hollywood, CA, USA

43° F currently. it's a lovely night.