Burning Maaaan!!!

If I can afford the ticket and camp w/friends who can put up with a complete noob with a fun attitude... I'm down!

hey man, do you still have that picture? :)

sure do, here it is

(and just for anyone wondering - StarOceanHouse and myself are pictured below.. )

What happened was me and my friends traveled from Europe for burning man 2008. i posted on BL before i left europe saying i was attending - similar to how i am in this thread..

anyway, i made no plans to meet up with anyone from bluelight or anything of that nature, but one night in the middle of the playa, where it is pitch dark and theres not many people around, myself and my buddy (also pictured) stumbled upon these swings and decided to have a go.

anyway, i saw this girl eating a packet of nerds and said wow i havent had nerds in ages', she gave me a handful of them.

as i was eating them i was chatting to her and a few others, telling them of my travel plans while in the usa and then StarOceanHouse randomly asked if i was on a website called bluelight. it was really random and it was a good kodak moment hehe)..

then everyone pictured below jumped on a open top double decker bus that passed by and we got chauffeured around the place while listenin to some pretty loud tunes.. what a random but amazing experience.. good times

EDIT

Last edited:
It is my ambition in life to go to burning man...problem is transport, i can prob get tickets off work and the time off, but i'm not 25 and i know renting a car there is impossible if your under that age, so if someone wants to drive me just let me know?! ha!

Red Arrow, love the picture...looks literally like heaven (espically guy on top left - talk about dream man!) wow...always next year i guess...atleast i've got youtube videos to console myself with!

burning man is now too mainstream and has fallen off sooooo much from my first experience with burning man. its more mainstream and pop'd out then edc now...

^Yep, Red Arrow is in the blue. I'm in the black. Is it cause we are darker? or did the sweaters give it away?

burning man is now too mainstream and has fallen off sooooo much from my first experience with burning man. its more mainstream and pop'd out then edc now...

Last year was the worst yet, the Playa was in terrible shape, mood seemed different & I witnessed crazy ppl on meth . . . one tried (not very good) to rape someone (I witnessed it) . . . a coupla guys were aggressive toward me too, plus the artwork was not remarkable.

Hope this year is better! Anyway, I like the desert & drive there.

Ha that's funny, I came to the same conclusion about that picture, and yes it is the sweaters.

I'm sure Burning Man has changed a lot over the years but I do not believe it is too mainstream and pop'd out (especially more than EDC). The community at Burning Man is still amazing, and that's because of the burners who attend. Not the 'hey let's go to Burning Man and get fucked up crowd' but you'd get that at any big party after years of growth. And yes it has sold out a tad because the people who run Burning Man are making a shit load of money off of it which in turn kinda ruins the reason Burning Man is around. But the true burners and and the community makes it and will always make it the best event in the world.

burning man changes every year and to me saying "it was better last year" is just, well, it's just not very burning man. of course it's going to change. if you go back expecting it to be like a previous year, aren't you kind of missing the point?

It is my ambition in life to go to burning man...problem is transport, i can prob get tickets off work and the time off, but i'm not 25 and i know renting a car there is impossible if your under that age, so if someone wants to drive me just let me know?! ha!
you could investigate ride sharing on the eplaya

alasdair

Ha that's funny, I came to the same conclusion about that picture, and yes it is the sweaters.

dont worry, us europeans can spot you yanks mile away when you come here..

usually sporting bum bags and fat bellies ;) no offence (i guess the 6,000 distance between us has an impact on how we look eh)

ps 'it was better last year' heh, they should make that the theme next year

Last edited:
The condition of the Playa makes a BIG difference. When it is hard & flat, many more art cars are there, U can ride a bicycle, there are more all-night Playa-parties, less dust, etc. Bad, rough playa is like a bad day at the beach.

PS can one of the mods please delete where socalthizzn quoted that picture of me, i dont want my pic in public.. was only posting it on request from staroceanhouse and want to remove it now

thanks

Does anyone know of a good pair of eye protection for the playa while wearing glasses?

Last year was my first year and I wore lab goggles (cheap and already had em). They also didn't work to well. Want to have something for fun this year and more reliable. Don't want to wear hot ski goggles either. Thanks in advance..

Can't wait to go back home to burning man...

I'm going with my girlfriend too. we are camped with "above the limit" in the 9 o'clock plaza.

we are hoping to find the poly paradise this year... sounds like fun!

If anybody got a ride from LA let me know and I'll go with you!
Fucking DMV is slower than my meph delivery.