• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzyzx

Bluelight Crew
I'm gonna throw some hard love; Cannabis is a beautiful drug but any reason to quit is good.

- You got a drug test soon?
- Weed just isnt getting you high anymore?
- You're broke?
- You feel too much side effects
- You're just sick and tired of it
- You just need a break

Those are but a few examples of good reasons to quit cannabis. However, it's not as easy as it seem. Some people will claim that they can quit when they want but when they actually do quit they find its very hard.

Anyway I thought I'd made a thread so that people who want to quit could talk about it and help eachother. Any unrelated post will be deleted.

So please share with us, tell us why you want to quit, for how many days you've been clean and how you feel. Then update us regularly!

I'm gonna post in that thread myself soon cause I need a break!

Here is a place for you to discuss your experiences -

- best ways to take your mind off ganja when stopping.
- methods to flush out/refresh your system (ie exercise, plenty of fruit etc)
- effects you get when stopping (dreams, laziness, etc etc)
- & so on & so forth.

RULES:

- No posts flaming/making fun of people in a nasty, malicious way,
wether you think they are a "pussy" or not; (everybody is wired differently for cannabis, what might be nice for you may be hell for someone else)

- No off-topic discussion; wanna talk about the basketball game you watched?
take it to the CD Social or Sports & Gaming.

enjoy :D

(hats off to wolfgang, with the idea of links!)

links -

[MEGA] Cannabis Cessation Support Thread
Smoking weed after not smoking for a long time
I really wanna blaze. any tips on holding out?
Reduce tolerance
[MEGA] THC tolerance thread
Is there any reason to quit?
Quitting weed on doctors advice, is he right?
does constant use make you lazy?
For those that claim marijuana isnt addictive
Getting the most out of smoking a bowl (when you do smoke again)
Time = less tolerance. why?
How hard is quitting?
What drugs help with quitting cannabis temporarily?
How long did it take to feel normal after quitting?

Last edited:
im currently on a break, ive smoked every day for at least 8 years. Ive reguarly smoked high grade weed and hash. Its got on top of me recently prob because of the home made jelly hash ive been caining recently. Ive changed every thing about my life including moving house so for me its been easy but had i of stayed in the same area with the same group of people i coudnt of stoped i dont think. Movin house has keptme so busy ìavnt had time to think about weed. The key to stoping is to change your routine, or like ive done change your whole life

I was blazing basically everyday buthave now stopped. After the 1st week or so you basically just forget that you NEED that J before bed. I guess I was just blazing inthe evenings though. There is no way I could manage smoking during the day, as soon as I get lean I can't even follow a simple conversation, let alone actually do something...

i only smoked in the evenings as wel. I no wat your saying after a week u dont even feel the need for it ne more and u wonder how it took over your life like it did.

For those looking to quit, I have some advice:

*Exercise: There is nothing more helpful then getting a good sweat out. After running, jogging, lifting, swimming, whatever, your body will be glad you are doing something good for it.
*Eating Healthy: Along side of exercise, eating healthy and avoiding the typical "muchie" food can help a lot. Your body will thank you yet again.
*Avoid Activities you would normally do stoned: If possible, take a few days off from whatever video game you always play stoned, or stay away from being alone with the TV. From experience, you'll want to get stoned if you are doing something that reminds of you it
*Goal: If you must -- set a legit goal. If you are looking for a short-term break, or a tolerance break, remember that is your goal. If you are trying to save money, add up how much you are saving. If you are trying to get healthier, see how your body reacts after time. And if you have a drug test... well... you don't have much of a choice.
*Battling Side Effects: Sure, we all know weed isn't the more insidious drug out there -- you won't seize up and vomit if you don't get that hit in the morning (for most people). OTC herbal drugs like Melatonin and Valerian Root can help you sleep at night. Calme Forte has always helped me in the past as well. Don't try to cover up your cravings with other dangerous or addictive drugs -- it defeats the purpose and you might as well be smoking anyway.
*Minimizing Dependence: Smoke less, smoke at more convient times. Perhaps wake and baking isn't for you anymore, try smoking at night or after all your responsibilities have been taken care of. Remember, weed IS a drug.

*Sometimes Being Sober can be A Trip!!!*

Good luck to everyone quitting or taking a break.

Well I'm quiting due to drug testing, I don't have a choice...

i could smoke the dankiest skankiest weed and feel very unsatisfied. plus my guy started getting vicodin again so i figured i could use that instead yum yum. (dont worry i know how to use without getting addicted)

^ Not to be a dick or assume I know you, but those are the words of all future addicts. Just trying to look out for you homie! :)

I want to quit

i am 23 years old and have been smoking weed since i was 16. until i was 21 i smoked regularly, but not daily. maybe 3 times a week. ever since i moved out i have been smoking an average of 5 times a week. i live with my roommate who i always smoke out with. it was cool in the beginning but it has become a routine, it has become normal - habitual.

when i have weed, i will smoke it. that is the main problem. i absolutely can not refrain from smoking every day when i have weed. i dont even miss it that much when i dont have it. i can go for days without missing it when i am at my girlfriends house or doing other cool stuff. but i am still addicted. i smoked cigarettes for 5 years and i manged to give it up. weed is much harder for me. the concept of never getting high again is unimaginable for me.

i want to quit because i feel it is changing me for the worse. i feel i am getting stupid. my memory, long- and shortterm is horrible. i feel i have gotten worse at interacting with people. i feel that i am missing out on life because i often rather stay at home smoking. i feel that i could be more successful in my academic career. i feel that i am losing friends and preventing new friendships because many people dislike stoners. reasons for quitting are plentiful.

i have managed a month or two without weed, but i keep coming back because i figure weed isnt so bad after all. its always the same deal. when im sober i think its harmless, when im stoned i feel guilty for doing it again. i am typing this still slightly stoned, about 1 gram of weed left in my bag. i am at a point again where i desperately want to quit but i know that tomorrow, when im bored or i feel that i have been productive enough to warrant a joint, i will be smoking up again. you see that, even right now i am setting a scenario for myself that makes it probable that i will smoke tomorrow. good intentions i had when i started writing this post are near forgotten.

how can i quit? what can i do? i need a strategy, a plan to follow. something rational. otherwise i will never make it.

i am 23 years old and have been smoking weed since i was 16. until i was 21 i smoked regularly, but not daily. maybe 3 times a week. ever since i moved out i have been smoking an average of 5 times a week. i live with my roommate who i always smoke out with. it was cool in the beginning but it has become a routine, it has become normal - habitual.

when i have weed, i will smoke it. that is the main problem. i absolutely can not refrain from smoking every day when i have weed. i dont even miss it that much when i dont have it. i can go for days without missing it when i am at my girlfriends house or doing other cool stuff. but i am still addicted. i smoked cigarettes for 5 years and i manged to give it up. weed is much harder for me. the concept of never getting high again is unimaginable for me.

i want to quit because i feel it is changing me for the worse. i feel i am getting stupid. my memory, long- and shortterm is horrible. i feel i have gotten worse at interacting with people. i feel that i am missing out on life because i often rather stay at home smoking. i feel that i could be more successful in my academic career. i feel that i am losing friends and preventing new friendships because many people dislike stoners. reasons for quitting are plentiful.

i have managed a month or two without weed, but i keep coming back because i figure weed isnt so bad after all. its always the same deal. when im sober i think its harmless, when im stoned i feel guilty for doing it again. i am typing this still slightly stoned, about 1 gram of weed left in my bag. i am at a point again where i desperately want to quit but i know that tomorrow, when im bored or i feel that i have been productive enough to warrant a joint, i will be smoking up again. you see that, even right now i am setting a scenario for myself that makes it probable that i will smoke tomorrow. good intentions i had when i started writing this post are near forgotten.

how can i quit? what can i do? i need a strategy, a plan to follow. something rational. otherwise i will never make it.

Aside for your reasons for quitting I can really relate to your post. I never want[ed] to quit - merely to gain control.

Two things I can offer:
1. don't beat yourself up too much about smoking weed. it's the rest of the worlds that's fucked up and discriminates against stoners. some good things come from smoking pot but its shitty when it has power over you.

2. your strategy (which was mine) should be keep trying, and learn from your mistakes. so if you fuck up, and start smoking again just pick yourself up and have another go and try not to make the same mistake next time. I lost count of how many times I tried... and i'm not even sure if i'm there yet.

good luck to all.

its 17:58 here and i am starting to feel the need. i havent been very productive today but i think ill go ahead and smoke anyways. i really want to. ill start my break once my weed is gone. at least a week.

runnnin

For those looking to quit, I have some advice:

*Exercise: There is nothing more helpful then getting a good sweat out. After running, jogging, lifting, swimming, whatever, your body will be glad you are doing something good for it.

smoking weed without getting good cardio-related exercise is baddd. it's nasty and you'll find yourself hacking up nasty brown shit in your morning-time spit sessions.

for me, who smokes all the time and doesn't plan on quitting as long as it's available, running cleans me out. basketball used to do it for me but i'm getting old and very bruisable.

sure, after i run, I cough a little and get the jelly out. but when i don't run for a while and continue to smoke, it's disgusting. when i'm active, i can smoke all i want and usually feel just fine.

i also think that running lowers my overall tolerance to and therefore total consumption of weed.

it's a win-win situation when runners smoke weed.

its 17:58 here and i am starting to feel the need. i havent been very productive today but i think ill go ahead and smoke anyways. i really want to. ill start my break once my weed is gone. at least a week.

I've been wanting to quit for a good while now, and I tell myself this everytime i'm running low on weed. Only to ring my guy up the following day an buy some more.

Iskalla, reading your post I could swear it was me who typed those words. You have described my (former) relationship with weed to a tee. You want the plan that worked for me? It's one simple rule you have to commit to and never break, and tell it to yourself whenever you get the urge: don't spend money on weed ever again.

Meaning don't buy weed, in any amount, anymore. Limit your smoking strictly to whenever you are smoking someone else's weed and pay them back for it with money/food/small favors if they want you to, but never pay to take some home for yourself. This might seem moochy or weird, but it is essential, especially if you love smoking by yourself like I do. Trust me, follow this one rule and you will be able to control your habit, or quit altogether if you'd like. It becomes surprisingly easy after a couple months, even if you smoke with your friends often, because weed is no longer a part of your personal life, routine, or identity.

Iskalla, reading your post I could swear it was me who typed those words. You have described my (former) relationship with weed to a tee. You want the plan that worked for me? It's one simple rule you have to commit to and never break, and tell it to yourself whenever you get the urge: don't spend money on weed ever again.

Meaning don't buy weed, in any amount, anymore. Limit your smoking strictly to whenever you are smoking someone else's weed and pay them back for it with money/food/small favors if they want you to, but never pay to take some home for yourself. This might seem moochy or weird, but it is essential, especially if you love smoking by yourself like I do. Trust me, follow this one rule and you will be able to control your habit, or quit altogether if you'd like. It becomes surprisingly easy after a couple months, even if you smoke with your friends often, because weed is no longer a part of your personal life, routine, or identity.

that's how i've managed to never get addicted to coke.

the problem lies when you have an addict of a friend who's always trying to justify their addiction by getting people they like to chill with high all the time for free. if you're not doing it alone it's harder to view drug abuse/dependency as a problem that needs fixing.

that's just with the circles i travel in, though...

Over the past month and a half or so I have cut down on the amount of weed I smoke - mainly due to money issues.

It's so weird being sober after being stoned for so long (been smoking for about 6 yrs, 5yrs daily, some breaks here and there). Since like grade 10, I did just about everything high. I'd wake and bake and continue to smoke throughout the day until I went to sleep.
Ate high, did homework, chilled with friends high, went to school high, slept high - if I was awake...I was high.

But ya recently I've been doing a week of blazing, then 5 - 7 days of not blazing, then another week of blazing. The first week was such a bitch, but like others have said, after the week passes you think "wow I actually don't NEED it, I would like some, but I'm not freaking out." Then I blazed for a week, but when I stopped that "need" never came back. It's like I just broke that part of the habit.

Right now is day 1 of the no smoking week, and that feeling hasn't come yet - and I hope it doesn't, but I'll know for sure when it gets closer to night time. If it does come back, I wouldn't be too surprised, because the past week I probably smoked just under 10 grams, which is quite heavy for me at this time. But ya, we'll see.

One thing that really pisses me off about taking a break is that I literally sweat BUCKETS while sleeping. To the point where I think, "Okay, I gotta piss. But I'm soaked in sweat. If I go to the bathroom now I'll be fucking freezing when I get back to bed because now everything is cold cuz of the amount of sweat." lmao

Im taking a break right now... it sucks at first but after about 4 days I dont care much at all

this is good advice. my most successful breaks i had were the ones i decided just not to buy any weed. i usually failed when i wanted to make sure i had weed for a special occasion. if there was any weed left over i fell into my old habits very quickly.

but i will definitely give this another try! what will make it extra hard is that i have a roommate who has no intentions of quitting. he will most likely continue to buy weed so there will be some in the house. .

I totally agree about taking a break and still holding onto some bud - I just can't do it.

Well, at least not at this point in time.

Whenever I run out of weed and am forced to take a break I think to myself, "Shit, if I only had like 0.5g, I could smoke 0.1g bowls for 5 nights to get me through it" - never works. I always end up convincing myself to just smoke most/all of it in 1 or 2 days, because smoking 0.1g bowls is a waste cuz i barely get high.

Status
Not open for further replies.