• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I was a daily weed smoker .
I'm quitting weed till august .
Just because I have soo much schoolwork to do. And I hav to do well as I'm applying at unis soon.

I find it really helps if you have a friend that quits with you . Well that's what I find, and its currentley working .

I just think to myself . " hmm I can smoke weed and feel great for a few hours . But after that I haven't really gained anything from it "

I mean yeah the first few months you smoke it did change my perspective on things . But after 2
years it just doesn't do that anymore .

So then I think why am I really smoking an spending all this money ?

I'm 17 and these should be the best years of my life .
Why waste it?! Weed makes me lazy , unsociable and kinda slow on the burnout .
I also find that I become immature for my age when I smoke .

So now I quit .

First few days are HELL !!!
I'm on edge , depressed and feel like commuting suicide ! People talk to me and I snap!

After that few days I'm happy and feel motivated , and don't really have cravings apart from if I'm watching something where someone Is smokingweed an enjoying it so much lol.

But yeah , once you have got past the "withdrawl" effects of regular weed use , I find that it is then easy to quit.

Good luck guys ! & wish me
luck as well !

:( sad to quit... i love mj . and unless my job requires drug screening (MUST PAY VERY WELL). or a break for tolerance , i wouldn't quit for anything else . i enjoy it and i am also a very FUNCTIONAL SMOKER , which i think is key i like to smoke and do activities like smoking before going out to dinner or to work or shopping , cooking , whatever ... i can get high and go about my day , makes it more relaxing .. i dont like smoking to just stay stoned at home eat and sleep ..thats how it gets boring fast , its like a relationship you have to keep it alive :)

i love pot lol . i dont like to hear when potheads are forced to quit

^ yeah man .

Blame society .

I don't want to quit .

It's the only way I find I can focus in school and succeed in this fucking manipulated world we live in.

Going to take a break myself, not sure how long. I have been on and off over the past 2 years. Before that daily for close to 10 years. Herb is great but its starting to get boring and its holding me back. Plus it often makes me want to drink more ... I will be having a few beers the first couple of days. I do not smoke all day, but smoking weed just makes me sit around after work. I have gained about 10 pounds over the past year of muscle and I want to get even more active.

Just going to step up the exercise and take walks and whatnot. I will take Tylenol PM if needed.

Last edited:
Cannabis withdrawal

Hi all'
I would like to pass this past you all'
I have been a what you call cronic weed user for 35 years' and decide to stop'
First thing is notice is "Anorexia" a total inabilty to eat anything' then within 3 days you start to sweat and flush and get freezing cold' the withdrawal is like opiate withdrawal without the pain and aggitiation and the mashed up depressed head' you goose if just get slightly excited or cold'
by day 6 I am completely soaked and angry as living sin'
sleep goes down to 1-2 hours a nite' so you got to get up and work out and take hot baths and force protien/carbohydrate drinks down your neck'
I love the dreams' but other than dropping a little diazapam there is no thing but real hot baths you can do for the flushing and the cold'
This lasts over 2 weeks' way longer than short acting opiates and the anxiety aggitiation last for well into 50 days'
I never noticed this before cos I never really stopped blowing bowls'
It sucks big time' being clamy and cold' and if I had known when i had started' just like the opiates' I would never of used it everyday'
So to those that say weed is no addictive' it is physicaly addictive' way more so than it's psychological addiction of keep smoking it as of when you have it!
Just thought to pass this past you folks' cos this is real and unless you live in a reall hot country' "Staying cool on weed" is quite an ugly uncomfortable experience for many many weeks'
It would have paid me to get educated as to cannabis and it's true possible side effects when I came accross it as a child' this physical addiction was aquired from blowing 1/6th of weed every 2.5 days' obviousley sometimes a little more'
These new strains are going to be causing a lot of pain and suffering to folks in a few years time'
dope is dope' it messes up dopamine/anandamine/GABA receptors' of which causes cold sweeting' gooseing' anxiety' aggitation' anorexia' Insomnia'
As they say' "Live and learn" eh ?

Be Well!

Blackeye

P.S. After 1 week of cold sweating and goosing with aggitation and aneroxia I blew some bowls' it took 3 days to stop cold sweating and get a semblance of normal eating back' and the thing that sucks is' you are bombed out of your skull of "Dank" instead of that nice crystal clear head of no "Dank" but you have nearly stopped cold sweating' and the gooseing has stopped'
Weed withdrawal can be just like opiate withdrawal without the pain and severe aggitiations' but it lasts way longer than short acting opiate withdrawal !!

Last edited:
^ Oh yea? short acting ha? try w/ding from bupe or methadone then come back and say that. Weed w/d although it is very real is nothing like opiate w/d I have experinced both and weed was not even comparable to opiate w/d.

^ He is not trolling man cannabis w/d is real and can be quite intense depending on the person. He said he smoked for 35 year's I dought he's trolling.

^ Oh yea? short acting ha? try w/ding from bupe or methadone then come back and say that. Weed w/d although it is very real is nothing like opiate w/d I have experinced both and weed was not even comparable to opiate w/d.

I done subutex (takes 6 days to get blood clean and 25 days before you stop freezing and gooseing cold)and methadone (4 days to get blood clean and 28 days all in to stop flushing) and heroin and many other funky opiates'
Long acting opiates take 4 weeks to cluck out'
Heroin 72 hours' followed by 7-10 days cold goosed and flushing'

Weed is comparable to Heroin withdrawal without the aggitation and pain for the first 3 days'

Weed withdrawal sucks big time'
I am well educated on all substances of abuse' and now well educated on the abuse of cannabis'

Thank you for your comments'

Bliss!

Blackeye

Last edited:
Who is a a TROLL' Weed withdrawal is serious shit'
I was guessing I would get these DUM ASS comments' just cos you believe weed is a soft substance'
Weed withdrawal is comparable to heroin withdrawal without the first 3 days pain and aggitation'
Cannabis regualtes body temperature' hence you stop using it you freeze your ass of for 2 weeks plus' sweeting' gooseing' anxiety' aggitation' anorexia' insomnia'
and you are telling me I am a troll and weed is no physicaly addictive'
The whole housing estate I live on can tell you otherwise'
They get no weed for 5-6 days everyone is freakin clucking' as if they are into day 5-6 of a heroin withdrawal'
Before you slag me off do some research'
This is an honest account of what happens if you chuff weed all the time then stop suddenly'
It takes 3 days chuffing just to get your body back'
Weed heads are no different to heroin users' just that weed is no as destructive as heroin and you no collapse off clucking weed as you would clucking Heroin'
why on this earth I would TROLL a forum as of when I have honest first hand information
about the physical risks of smoking cannabis for a very long time is beyond me'
I guess you must be stoned and just taking the "waters" out of me'

If you toke weed every day for a long while especialy these powerful strains we got now' and stop suddenly you shall no be a ble to eat and sleep for the best part of 2 weeks' with cold sweating' goosing' plus anxiety and aggitation for 45-50 days'

It is a shame you no believe me' there are 19 folks I know here that would back me up in of what I say'
First time I kicked I thought I had caught a chill' I went 9 days with no weed' then it took 3 days toking hard stylee to get my body back from sweating gooseing and freezing'

NO JOKE

Bliss!

Blackeye

P.S. So we shall see if there are any old school hard tokers' that have decided to kick and see of what they have to say'
If you stop your tolerance no lowers' cos the receptors in your brain are used to running on high THC and CBD's
You got to toke hard for 3 days to get the levels back to so called normal levels' and stop cold sweating!
Weed is differnet from "H" in this respect' you cluck off "H" all you require is a good hit of "H" the withdrawal subsides'
you cluck weed for a week you got to toke it for 3 days to kill the cluck!
Low dose Daizapam helps and lots of really hot baths' and force yourself to eat hot curries and chilis to stimulate your brain into producing all them natural neuro-transmitters' exorcise hard so you sweat naturaly and get your muscles to burn'

Last edited:
I agree with you Blackeye.

Though I havnt been smoking nearly that long, im 18 and have been smoking nearly everyday for the past 3-4 years ive definatly got lighter symptons n withdrawls that you explain.

Ive noticed as of the past year, or 2 that if I dont smoke through out a whole day, despite being starving I wont have any appetite to eat. Can definatly been seen as an eating disorder, so anorexia would not be far off I'd imagine.

Also, will be up for hours if I dont smoke before i go to bed.

Im not sure if you said this in your original post(im to stoned to read it) but I dont think you did, the days I dont smoke i'll have a really small fuse.Like anything slightly anoying will send me balistic:!

Dw bout the hater, dont take him serious

Blackeye Im not going to call bullshit because who am I to say, but---

When I went on probation I had been smoking over 5 times a day every day for 8 years straight, mostly 3 Liter G-bongs, For 2 of those years smoking nothing but blueberry x white rhino, and about 2 oz per week (Incredible hook)...

I experienced NO withdrawls, I had trouble eating and sleeping since I was use to doing both of those while high, but I still ate everday and slept everday.

Withdrawling from heroin however I did not sleep for 3 straight days and eat for 2....

35 years is a long time, I cannot discount that perhaps 8 years was not long enough to get the effect you got....but youd think after doing something every day just about all day for almost a decade you would reach full addiction.

Thank you people!
I remember now giving up weed some 12 years ago and got sent to prison!
I froze my ass off and sweated for 2 weeks'
I as of yet am no out of all this!
I been toking hard for 4 days now and am still sweaty' but at least I got my body temperature back!
And I can eat again!!
Even if you toke until your body aches from so much dope' after giving up for a week' it has no effect on of what giving up a whole week done to your brain!
Just lucky there is no dopamin and seretonin + plus endorphin depletion ontop' as one would expect from heroin withdrawal' cos the rest of the weed withdrawal is the same'
4.5 days now it has took to get my body straight and I am mashed again on "Green"
so to get some Diazapam and go on holliday to the Med' for 3 weeks' and leave the "Green" behind'
It is time' I am getting "Old" and I done it all in my crazy wanton way of life'

Love an embrace it all'

If I am body sick only from weed for a month' it be a little price to pay for being "Wasted" and buzzing for 35 years!!

Oh yes before I forget' after 7 days abstinence I got 3 hours sleep and woke up aggitated and completely soaked in sweat' of which soon turned into frustration and then pure anger as I threw myself off the bed' to take yet again another boiling hot bath' and reach for the pipe of "Dank" the anger and aggitation left promptly and my appetite came back' but was still freezing cold and sweating for another 4.5 days!
All good now' except I am NUM' and banging "Dark Psy" and also feel kind of dirty' just like as of when I took "Scag" having to keep topped up' so as to no experience withdrawal syndrome'
Much respect folks' appreciated for the comments'

Have a lovely day!

Blackeye

P.S. When I kick for good I shall post a diary of my experience over 1 month +' just so I and everyone can get an idea of what years of use of Cannabis can do to your brain!

Amazing of what we can stick in our brains and we bounce back within one-two months as if we never stuck substances in it that effect brain chemistry :)))

Bliss!

P.S. I smoke all the time' little one papers and small pipes' 1/6th of top notch "Green" every 2 days' sometime a little more' the most a 1/6th lasts is 2.5 days' and I been doing this without a break for 5 years straight ' I had a break of one year as I clucked Methdone "Scag" and booze + plus Valium and an assortment of psych meds + tobacco and weed'
I went back to blowing weed after a year!
I can no tell if I clucked off the weed cos I was ripped up for 29 days + another 2 months' off of all the rest of the stuff! But I do know that for a whole year I never thought of it' only started toking again because I moved and could get it real easy! Just like heroin and coke is/ and was!! Lessons finaly learnt about those substances I am glad to say :)))
Now another serious lesson learnt about weed!!

Last edited:
Cannabis does indeed have a clinically documented withdrawal syndrome. In most cases it is exceedingly mild and transient. However I'm sure that after 35 years of cannabis use, the endocannabinoid system would be severely dependent upon exogenous cannabinoids in order to function. I definitely don't think the OP is trolling when he says he feels uncomfortable, I would expect to feel "off" for a while after smoking for that long-- I mean, the OP's body hasn't had to make any endogenous cannabinoids for almost 4 decades... you're not going to just moonwalk out of a situation like that without experiencing any discomfort.

Nah... I've smoked 20 joints daily for more than 15 years and when I stopped, I did indeed have some withdrawals which were unpleasant, but this lasted 10 days and in retrospective ten years after, it was nothing dramatic.

I'm a daily smoker and withdrawl for me lasts around 2-3 days .
After that it's clean sailing.

But I guess everyone is different

Nah... I've smoked 20 joints daily for more than 15 years and when I stopped, I did indeed have some withdrawals which were unpleasant, but this lasted 10 days and in retrospective ten years after, it was nothing dramatic.

The guy smoked for 20 years longer than you did man. His withdrawal symptoms are certainly going to be more severe and last longer than yours.

Just a quick note' thank you for the comments' no disrespct meant in any of my post' just of my persoannal experience'
The plant contains two major alkaloids' THC and CBD' now CBD is no psycho-active on it's own (so is told') THC on it's own is psychotic as of when the dose is sufficient to be felt' but CBD antagonises THC hence the mellow high!
I have abstained from quality weed and smoked leaf' of which has minimal of anything' but it does contain cannaboid oils' it calms the flushing and I am believing it is these oils' that are stored in the body have a sedative long term effect' hence you drop them' the level drops' natural production of anandamine is minimal' cannaboid respectors are mashed! GABA receptors are dulled' hence the over activity of adrenals' so many natural systems effected' Cannabis regulates body temperature' hence the experience cold when dropping the weed'
Anyways' i love this palnt like the rest of us' it is no the use' it is the abuse' there is no thing wrong with use' all these beautiful plants have their uses'

Have a good evening' thank you for your comments' all appreciated'

Be Well!

Blackeye

If you're one of those people who have to smoke so they can eat or before they eat, force yourself to eat food normally sober without smoking any herb.

If you want to stop smoking herb just stop smoking it.

I agree that herb can have psychological as well as physical withdrawals like what people who smoke tobacco get when they quit but it's not like you are getting w/d's from quitting meth, dope (heroin and opiates), benzos, or booze.

Status
Not open for further replies.