• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
in three days, i will have completed my 1 month break. the funny thing is, i don't even have the desire to smoke really.

except i know i will, because i havent drawn, or played guitar in a month either. i don't know why...but i learned how to play guitar when i was blazed constantly and it just doesn't sound appetizing when i'm not high. i know the first time i blaze again i'm gonna play for like 6 hours and then draw all through the night... :D

thumbs up for stoned artists !
dsc05478-e1259110060974.jpg

Any one here tried just smoking one day a week?

I work part time and am a student and only have one real day off, and weed wouldn't be a problem if i could stick to only one day a week.

made it through the weekend just fine. this week my roomie will probably buy some weed and i know it will be extremely hard not to smoke with him!

I'm currently on day 3 of a break from weed.

I recently moved to an area where one can obtain marijuana legally (well on the state level) and to top it off they deliver. Of course I immediately went to town and for the last 4 months I've pretty much been high the whole time. Previous to that I was smoking probably 4-5 times a week.

I am a recovering heroin and crack addict so I knew the dangers of getting myself into the Marijuana Maintenance Plan from the get-go but chose to ignore it. I am an addict first and foremost and I know I am simply replacing one drug with another but it took me these last months to truly see it with my own eyes.

3 days ago I was scraping my grinder, jars, bongs down to the tiniest piece of resin/kief I could find. I even washed my jars with iso to get the insignificant bits of stems and kief onto a plate. I barely got a hit off the 3 hours of work I put into the effort. It all just reminded me too much of used-cotton hits of dope or scraping my table with a razor for any loose pieces of crack.

I've been clean off the harder stuff for about a year now and since then I think I've been in denial to hold on to my last drug. My life has improved so much since I've learned to keep my opiate addiction at bay, but lately I feel like I've been sliding with my weed use. So to make a long post short I'm gonna give weed a rest for a while and see how I do.

made it through the weekend just fine. this week my roomie will probably buy some weed and i know it will be extremely hard not to smoke with him!

I'm sure you can resist and if you say no he has to respect that and not pressure you or tease you

for me it has been a constant struggle or not? been smoking since i was 13, and am currently suffering from chronic sinusitis because believe it or not allergy to smoke has developed...but people once in a while a little natural lift is needed to relieve the daily stress

for me it has been a constant struggle or not? been smoking since i was 13, and am currently suffering from chronic sinusitis because believe it or not allergy to smoke has developed

Same situation here. I really want to take a tolerance break, but I finally gained some weight again after being really skinny, and if I don't smoke I don't really eat much, so I will just try to cut back a lot. But man, that feeling of your sinuses being blocked feels so shitty, it seems to make all my highs go into burnout territory pretty quickly. That's the main reason I want to stop smoking for a while.

I'm sure you can resist and if you say no he has to respect that and not pressure you or tease you

thanks for your support man. so far he hasnt bought any weed which makes it easy for me. i am not craving it at all right now, its great. however i dont feel any difference to my smoking days either. its just been a week though, i guess it will take longer than that. i am positive that i will not smoke weed until mid january as i will be visiting my family in the states soon. plenty of distraction. that means a month without weed is almost guaranteed. im excited to see how i will feel. i hope theres is a difference. last time i took a long break people told me they noticed. i was mentally quicker, more outgoing and articulate than usually.

i wont post until then, unless i have strong cravings or a relapse.

starting to notice various metacongnitive difficulties & memory problems. not sure how much is the booze or the pot.

i struggle somewhat with the same...basically an ambiguity between the effects of multiple drugs (weed, alcohol, opiates, dxm, etc.). from what i've noticed in quitting weed is just the lack of desire to do it all the time after a few days. i don't get any clearer or unhazed or anything. however, when i stop drinking for a few days, my mind gets significantly sharper and memory becomes clearer. also, when i've stopped drinking (not related to CD at all, sorry) my high from weed gets a lot better (and different) too.

from experience alone, i'd say that chronic alcohol consumption causes more cognitive and memory problems than weed.

to all of you not smoking at the moment: I'd tip my hat your way if wearing a hat didn't make me look like a 7-year-old chemotherapy patient.

aww, i tries to takes a t-break but always end up smoking again, and plus last night i had some deathstars(one gram of hash, one gram of kif edibles)

but for new years trying to stay clean at least a month, more on that later.

Well I smoked this week, which is fine for me.

Doing the whole 1 week on/1 week off thing has drastically dropped my tolerance. I love putting in a bowl that I can kill in 3 hits but still feel high as fuck afterward. It is definitely allowing me to not waste as much money on it.

And shit, even though I have been smoking this week - it's only been low quality weed and roaches - so I still was dropping my tolerance slightly.

But of course next week is gonna be another story. Christmas!? Money! Definitely picking up some kush and getting blitzed outta my mind.

And then new years...oh man let's not even talk about new years yet. That's a totally different ball game...heh. And then sometime in mid january I'll go back to this 1 week on/1 week off thing, and possibly put it to like 4 days on/week and 3 days off.

[MEGA] Taking A Break From Cannabis thread

So, we can all agree that sometimes we need to take a little break.
Now wether that be because we have a ridiculous tolerance that it takes us 10 bonghits to get high,
or wether we are feeling too sluggish etc, the fact is, sometimes our bodies and minds need a lil break.

Here is a place for you to discuss your experiences -

- best ways to take your mind off ganja when stopping.
- methods to flush out/refresh your system (ie exercise, plenty of fruit etc)
- effects you get when stopping (dreams, laziness, etc etc)
- & so on & so forth.

RULES:

- No posts flaming/making fun of people in a nasty, malicious way,
wether you think they are a "pussy" or not; (everybody is wired differently for cannabis, what might be nice for you may be hell for someone else)

- No off-topic discussion; wanna talk about the basketball game you watched?
take it to the CD Social or Sports & Gaming.

enjoy :D

(hats off to wolfgang, with the idea of links!)

links -

[MEGA] Cannabis Cessation Support Thread
Smoking weed after not smoking for a long time
I really wanna blaze. any tips on holding out?
Reduce tolerance
[MEGA] THC tolerance thread
Is there any reason to quit?
Quitting weed on doctors advice, is he right?
does constant use make you lazy?
For those that claim marijuana isnt addictive
Getting the most out of smoking a bowl (when you do smoke again)
Time = less tolerance. why?
How hard is quitting?
What drugs help with quitting cannabis temporarily?
How long did it take to feel normal after quitting?

Last edited:
Good idea sega all though I believe we have already have a MEGA cannabis cessation thread somewhere or another. I could be mistaken. Good luck to those of you taking breaks. Best thing for a break is exercise in morning and a strong cup of fresh kava kava one hour before bed. It's not one of those bullshit herbals that might work or could work. Its the real deal. If you don't feel anything you have shitty kava or your not doing it right.

My recipe: 1 cup of good ass root to two cups of cold water and 1 tsp of oil and 2 ounces of lemon juice. Stir and sit overnight. This stuff is great for sleep. IME sleep deprivation = relapse.

We do have the Mega Cessation thread but I would rather just archive that and build off of this one for some updated content.

I actually just came off a month tolerance break last friday and it did wonders for me. I felt amazing for that month and once I started smoking again it took a snapper of danks to get me where I wanted. I highly recommend exercise in replace of old habits. Its healthy, relieves stress, and helps you focus on something other then the urge to smoke.

[MEGA] Cannabis Cessation Support Thread - Archived thread for reference

i searched EVERYWHERE. im pretty sure its the [MEGA] THC tolerance one :p

searched all the pages of CD, searched the ENTIRE archive.
all i could find in the way of a mega for taking a break was that one.
but alas, i leave it here for you stoners out there who might be thinking "should i take a break?" "how should i go about it".

peace

(edit- at the time of posting i thought it was, anyway. i honestly couldnt find it. i did the whole "all threads since the beginning of time" thing. are there other hidden pages to the archive that only mods can get to?)

Last edited:
I took a break from it for a couple months, tried it again and got so stoned off one joint. I find it easy to stop though, just don't contact anyone who has it :p

you know how the have the rapid detox for opiates, like you get hooked up and they precipitate w/d.

Wonder if theres a way to rapidly get rid of thc tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.