• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Cannabis Quitting Thread aka I need a break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i've made it to 36 hours without weed! It's not as worse as the last time I quit. I gor drunk yesterday night though so it helped. Gotta be careful not to replace weed with alcohol though!

ive seen alcohol replacing weed for many ex-stoners. its a very slow but steady process that starts with a beer on "sober" nights and ends with full blown alcoholism. these people are all in total denial, dont let that happen!

Tiesto: another perfect example of stoner logic. i usually think to myself i usually justify smoking more by thinking to myself that its good when its gone because i have a busy week. but the next day im thinkin it wont be so bad and get myself another bag.

Iskalla, I too used to have a roommate who was a total stoner since he was 12, and this indeed made it very hard to quit. We both smoked a lot, and kind of fed off each others habit if you know what I mean. Honestly I couldn't do it while he was living with me, so I wish you luck, remember the key is to not buy any, and also in your case to not smoke at your place of residence.

If only there was a quick way to decrease tolerance... =\

I need to quit, or at least cut down. I smoke all day, every day, and my tolerance is through the roof. I'm starting to try out a new method that has proved itself to me in the past, now I'm just going to have to stick with it. Basically, instead of smoking bowl after bowl, huge rip after huge rip, I'm going to start smoking out of my little pipe, one bowl at a time, one hit at a time, spread WAY the eff out. This will still get you high, without "spilling over" (research how THC affects the brain and this will make sense) and I would assume would eventually cause tolerance to decrease because I'm obviously smoking less weed.

Normally, I would "force" my high by smoking 3-4 fatty ground-up bowls, and taking huge bong rips, holding them in as long as I can and blowing out through my nose. Yeah, I'd get high, but I'd also have chest pain, a cloudy ass head and no weed left. I start a new job soon, so hopefully that will help me cut down as I won't be smoking for at least 8 hours of the day.

I also hear green tea helps detoxify?

I couldn't be bothered reading all of this, so I don't know if anyone has mentioned the idea of chastity weed. When I first heard about it I didn't know wtf they were on about, but it seems to be a common thing to hold onto the last nug that you have and then promise yourself won't smoke it.

That way there's no urge to purchase more, because you have some, and you're forcing yourself to look at that piece of weed and decide whether or not that's what you want on a constant basis. Sure its a pointless method for a lot of people, but if you haven't tried it and you fail a lot try saving that last little bit and force yourself not to smoke it. The discipline you gain and satisfaction of passing this test is pretty worthwhile I hear.

i have not smoked weed for 3 months now. i started smoking when i was fourteen mainly just on the weekends. by 17 & 18 i was smoking daily and now im 19. i just got tired of smoking and the daily routines of smoking. it was getting me more depressed than benefitting me so i just decided to quit.

It has been very easy for me to turn down smoking for some reason, maybe because i just got so tired of smoking. my friends still do it everyday and im not tempted to smoke. unless im really drunk, or on xannies, but its not often.

Smoking never really affected me physically, i wasnt lazy. i would still go to school and the gym almost everyday. it was wearing me out more mentally. I still have a love for MJ that will never leave but i dont see smoking anytime soon in my future, and some of you should try it out but you have to know that youre ready to quit, you cant have doubts and you have to be 100 percent sure you want to quit.

in three days, i will have completed my 1 month break. the funny thing is, i don't even have the desire to smoke really.

except i know i will, because i havent drawn, or played guitar in a month either. i don't know why...but i learned how to play guitar when i was blazed constantly and it just doesn't sound appetizing when i'm not high. i know the first time i blaze again i'm gonna play for like 6 hours and then draw all through the night... :D

I've made it to 3 days! despite being offered some earlier tonight I managed to hold. I have the most fucked up vivid dreams though, but I like it lol :)

i just smoked my last weed. i will not buy weed again. weed was not always a bad companion, there were some good times for sure, but its time for me to move on. im excited about what my life without weed will be like in the future.

yea im about to the same point^ im prob gonna smoke my last today. honestly ill miss it, but it wont be that much of a deal. for me ive been smoking since i was 17 and im 20 few more months ill be 21. its just giving me a hell of alot of anxiety and stress now. ive for sure had the best times with the herb, but im realizing i need to quit.
theres too much crap thats put out about, and its so looked down upon by EVERYONE its rediculous. thats the main cause for me right now. even my gf doesnt like when i smoke. she gets pissed alot cuz i do, and i love her and i want to quit for myself and for her.
ive quit b4, but no longer than 3 months, then a friend offered. i love the taste of beer, but i hate getting drunk...so it wont be replaced. i have a HUGE natural tollerance to alc. i always have, plus im 243lbs(ive been lifting weights for a few years im not fat lol)
idk...it just seems like i should spend more time sober now im getting older. im sure that happens to ALOT of people. even know since i realized that i dont have that desire to get of work/college and then get blazed as soon as i get home. but o well, ill enjoy my last smoke today. i have alot of will power so im for sure doing this. im 100 percent certain ima feel 10x better.

anyways, gl with everyone else quitting. it gets easy after a few days/couple of weeks.

i find it hard to do it long term actually. first days are a piece of cake!

btw, weed being looked down upon bothers me as well. i switched universities for my master's degree and had one girl from my previous uni switch there as well. word spread quickly that i smoke pot. not everyone knows but already more people than i prefer. some people just dont want to hang out with stoners and sometimes those people would be good friends otherwise. same thing goes for a (potential) romantic relationship with a girl. you already weeded out 30 % cause they wouldnt date a stoner.

i just feel like im missing out, i want to shed my image, i want to live life to the "fullest" again.

Last edited:
Day 4

Last night was a pain in the ass. Went to bed at 12 30am, was laying there until about..4 - 4:30am, just fuckin SWEATING. When I finally managed to get up at noon my bed was soaked...dirty. That hasn't happened in a while. And I wonder why it happened on day 4 and not 1 - 3.. because that's when it usually happens lol.

it's my 4th day too, I dont crave for weed that much but it's just damn hard not to get bored =/

I totally agree - the boredom kills me.

But since its final exam time I've been quite busy...especially today...reading 6 chapters on corporate finance in one day leaves me no time to think about getting stoned lol

I'm 38; I've been smoking more of my life than I have not. I have successfully vanquished addicions to cocaine, benzos, and heroin, but there's just something about wicked li'l Mary Jane that won't let me go. Gonna try and get 6 months clean from mean miss green.

this was my first day without weed. i was out drinking and i am craving it really bad. if i had some i would smoke it in a second. alcohol is a huge enabler for me.

iskalla, i was just about to post that since i started drinking alcohol everyday it has been way harder to make it through a day without the grass. used to be able to run out and not care, even when smoking multiple times daily, but when the drinking started, as soon as that first beer or shot is in me i start obsessing about smoking herb... absolutely need that balance between the two...
no real advice to add i guess, i'd just say don't replace weed with alcohol cause the booze is seriously more physically addicting, and then with the increased mental urge it causes for me, it is unlikely i will could stop either of the two without serious intervention. at about a gram of dank a day for 2 years, smoking daily for 8 before that - starting to notice various metacongnitive difficulties & memory problems. not sure how much is the booze or the pot.

Last edited:
hmmm...been clean since the 9th! hahaha. i honestly dont miss it...if everyone in here is indeed trying to quit, it can be a support thread. i actually feel better now...and i never noticed how much it effected me in the gym. workouts are way more intense(im always intense in the gym anyways), but im starting to lift heavier than i was a week ago, which is def a plus. seems like smoking was effecting my stregnth and effectng my progress in the gym.

anyways, if you guys are into it, working out help alot. well, its always been a release for me ever since i started a few years ago. natural endorphins from insane iron kicking butt ftw

i really think life will be better without it. like i said before, the whole looking down upon ppl who smoke is enough for me to quit even tho i love her dearly

About the alcohol thing. I'm the opposite, if I'm taking a break from the green then I will hit up the beers. However, I will only have a few drinks before bed to help me sleep.

I've made it to a week!! How many times this week did I told myself I should go and buy just one gram for the night but I managed not too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.