• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextroamphetamine and Adderall ROA bioavailability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flacky-- Yea, your right man, children always check the source.

my bad on that one. sorry ya'll

So the solubility is closer to 100mg/ml.....hmm your right that shouldn't be the problem.

I dont know than, sorry, amphets are not my strong point of knowledge

Wikipedia (the source I assume everyone is using here, I could find any papers) list oral BA for amphetamine as 25%, and for d-amphetamine it gives 75% oral BA.
Regular amphetamine is 50% d-amp, and so even if l-amphetamine has 0 oral BA, the total would still be (0.75*50=32.5) 32.5% from d-amp alone.

What's going on here?

^We were wondering the same thing earlier in the thread. A quick check of the Wikipedia entries shows that the 25% figure for amphetamine is not linked to a study, and I can't find another source giving the value as being so low. I find sources that say that amphetamine is well-absorbed/ highly lipid soluble, so I'm guessing this 25% is the figure that is off...

I think oral is the best ROA for sure, it lasts the longest.

You can try altering the pH of your stomach contents in favor of not metabolizing the amphetamine as quickly, but that's about all the gains I'd say you could make short term wise. Oral ingestion works best.

Rectal is definitely superior for methylphenidate. I'm not sure about amphetamine, though I have heard from people who have tried amphetamine rectally that it works well (take that for what it's worth!).

25% does seem extremely low for a normal amine, I can think of no others without special properties which have such low BA

Yeah, I don't know why wiki says that about amphetamine. Oral is my preferred way to take my dexamphetamine. D-amp is higher than 20-25% (I realise that wiki page isn't talking about d-amp though). Definitely feels higher in comparison to other ROA atleast.

Yeah, I don't know why wiki says that about amphetamine. Oral is my preferred way to take my dexamphetamine. D-amp is higher than 20-25% (I realise that wiki page isn't talking about d-amp though). Definitely feels higher in comparison to other ROA atleast.

Really??? I was just noticing today (as I was just recently scribed d-amp) that nasal made the biggest difference. I started my first day by taking one and snorting half of one and was right in the zone, so I continued that method for some time. After loosing a few pounds but getting in some solid study hours on the plus side, i decided to take a day off yesterday and experiment today. So today I woke up and ingested one 10mg d-amp orally and waited for food while having a cook out (deciding not to take anymore until after I had eaten). A while after finishing my meal I had put maybe 10-15 mins into studying from my first d-amp so decided to go sniff 5mg. After doing so I became instantly chatty and focused and crammed another hour into studying. Few hours pass by and my daughter is starting to get crabby and ready for a nap so I decide to just take one orally in order to put her down and hopefully study afterwards. Now I do understand that it is not all in d-amps control as to whether or not I study nor does it really prove the BA of the drug, I just figured id share my experience in hopes someone could compare and give advice in getting the best out of your script. (The 2nd oral ingestion did however allow me to type up this report and clean up some data on my laptop, I just feel when i take one and snort half that I am immediately focused and it just triggers me to immediately pick up the books.)

So forgive my ignorance, but I've always assumed rectal am is the most efficient ra for any water soluble med( iv excluded) this not true for adder all?

Thanks!

you can ONLY filter "enough" w/a .22 micron wheel filter! please - all of this stuff is dangerous enough w/o doing things w/KNOWN terminal effects -- as an experienced IV user, when i first was advised to use a wheel filter i was baffled and confused when trying to buy a few online - couldn't even figure out how i'd use it once i gathered all the necessary supplies from various vendors -- Capt H's faq makes it all very easy to understand.....

I searched and couldn't find any consistent or solid numbers. Anyone know the bioavailability of straight dextroamphetamine and adderall oral and insufflated so I can compare it to IV?

I know IVing adderall and dextro seems desperate but filtered enough it is relatively safe and feels great.

exactly -- so don't even bother IVing these pills IMHO - plug them and IV some water if you must - it's not like i don't "get it" -- it's just unnecessarily dangerous when boa for rectal is so high....... don't mean to rant or preach.......

According to wikipedia.

Oral: 20-25%

Nasal: 75%

Rectal: 95-99%

IV: 100%

exactly -- so don't even bother IVing these pills IMHO - plug them and IV some water if you must - it's not like i don't "get it" -- it's just unnecessarily dangerous when boa for rectal is so high....... don't mean to rant or preach.......

When going the rectal route,I have used a syringe and it worked pretty well.But I wanted to know you just crush the adderall into powder and put it in a gel capsule and insert that way?
And maybe you cud plug some plain warm water after you insert it,maybe just to help it break down?

ANY FEEDBACK PLEASE!!

When going the rectal route,I have used a syringe and it worked pretty well.But I wanted to know you just crush the adderall into powder and put it in a gel capsule and insert that way?
And maybe you cud plug some plain warm water after you insert it,maybe just to help it break down?

ANY FEEDBACK PLEASE!!

Crush the pill(s) in a bevel-bottomed shotglass.
Add 7-9ml of warm water into a 10ml oral syringe (the remaining space will be taken up by the pills' binders, depending on how many you use).
Draw up solution, paying special attention to the liquid portion of it, as amphetamine is highly soluble in water. Residual binders left in the bottom are unlikely to provide additional benefit, but get 'em if you can.
Lubricate syringe
Insert'n'squirt
Remain on left side for between 5 and 15 minutes.

~ vaya

According to wikipedia.

Oral: 20-25%

Nasal: 75%

Rectal: 95-99%

IV: 100%

are u sure of this only 25& from popping the tablets. i got my hands on some a while ago. i popped 5 30mg & it got me really high. just like meth. now im thinking what a waste of my shit. i should have snorted it
are u sure this info is correct.
what about with meth?

I just cheaked wiki than it saud oral is >75% so ya info is wrong. im gunna go have a look at some other sources & it's the ony bioavailablity it lists

Ive found the bioavailabilitys for meth if anyone wants to know:
Bioavailability, 62.7% oral; 79% nasal; 90.3% smoked; 99% rectally; 100% IV

mods, we really need a thread stating the bioavailabilitys of the commonly used drugs.
might put ppl off shootin oxy or dexies cuz its not like ya saving any & it wouldnt be worth the extra risk just to get the little bit extra.

Last edited:
well i only have a1ml syringe,soi have to work with that?Do u think id be getting all the addy in the water if i let it sit long enough?

well i only have a1ml syringe,soi have to work with that?Do u think id be getting all the addy in the water if i let it sit long enough?

Yeah I have a 10mL and a 1mL in my collection. a 1mL will certainly work - you can draw up all of the water and pill remnants into a 1mL syringe. My suggestion is to supplement that 1mL's worth with a couple more "blank" squirts - that is, the 1mL completely filled with lukewarm water a couple more times after the initial shot. The higher the ratio of water : pill binders there is (both in the syringe and the rectum), the more opportunity for the desired amphetamine to dissolve into the water, and more water will cover a higher internal surface area allowing for faster and more complete diffusion of the amphetamine into the bloodstream.

A 10mL oral syringe provides this benefit all in one go, and costs like $2 at any pharmacy. I've always seen them on the shelves right in front of the pharmacy section in any drugstore. A worthwhile investment if you plan on doing this with even semi-regularity! The BA of amphetamines rectally is almost equivalent to IV (as I believe has been expressed in this thread already) and there is a definable rush, too. Very nice ROA for amps.

~ vaya

No way snorting is 75 %
for me oral gets me good
when it comes to snorting im better off snorting a crushed up orange tic tac
does nothing

That figure is assuming pure product, not 75% nasal BA of amphetamine in conjunction with chalks, waxes and other inert materials.

~ vaya

IMO it doesn't really matter what the oral or insufflated BA is for Dextroamphetamine, because the duration is much longer and smoother than when you inject this shit. I love to shoot stims and have shot adderall and Dexedrine a tone of times but would always regret it, the rush isn't nearly good enough to make up for the shortened duration.

Also I'm pretty sure that I read that the solubility is something like ten mg /mL

Last edited:
im not a big amp guy, but have taken them all as I am diagnosed with ADHD and have been prescribed multiple amps throughout the years since 3rd grade (im in 6th grade now so do the math). To be honest Ive only snorted or eaten amps. Eating them is impactfully stronger than snorting. Always has been. Anyone ever plugged amps? Heard its good...

Status
Not open for further replies.