• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dextroamphetamine and Adderall ROA bioavailability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxymorphone

Bluelighter
I searched and couldn't find any consistent or solid numbers. Anyone know the bioavailability of straight dextroamphetamine and adderall oral and insufflated so I can compare it to IV?

I know IVing adderall and dextro seems desperate but filtered enough it is relatively safe and feels great.

The around 75% figure for d-amp is pretty commonly quoted. I'd be willing to wager insuffulated is a bit higher like meth, but I doubt we can find any sources to back this up. (I'm pretty sure I've tried looking...)

According to wikipedia.

Oral: 20-25%

Nasal: 75%

Rectal: 95-99%

IV: 100%

^The infobox uses the same ~75% orally figure...

Edit- I figured out that you're talking about amphetamine, not dexamphetamine...

Yeah I'm looking for dexamphetamine and they other amphetamines in adderall.

^I was talking about the post above mine, his was referring to amphetamine. Mine was to dexamphetamine. Those are the 2 main salts in Adderall.

Yea I noticed there is a giant discrepancy in the oral BA of Adderall (racemic amph) and Dexedrine (Dextroamph) on Wikipedia.

Adderall is 20-25% and Dexedrine is >75% ???

This is impossible since the Adderall formulation is almost 73% Dextroamphetamine itself. I find it hard to believe the lab went out of its way to make a delivery that is less efficient orally. Impossible.

Yea I noticed there is a giant discrepancy in the oral BA of Adderall (racemic amph) and Dexedrine (Dextroamph) on Wikipedia.

Adderall is 20-25% and Dexedrine is >75% ???

This is impossible since the Adderall formulation is almost 73% Dextroamphetamine itself. I find it hard to believe the lab went out of its way to make a delivery that is less efficient orally. Impossible.

50%

Adderall is 25% each of dextroamphetamine saccharate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, racemic amphetamine aspartate monohydrate, and racemic amphetamine sulfate.

Can someone also explain the difference between saccharate, sulfate, and monohydrate?

^^ I am pretty sure it is more than 50% because out of the 4 different amphetamine salts in Adderall two are dexamph and the other two are NOT levoamph, but racemic amph... which is a mix of course and also contains the D-isomer. So overall there is more dextroamphetamine, and there should be.

Interesting. I really didn't get much effect after IVing about 70mg and I would be in the sweet zone if I ingested it. Maybe it was just the benzos interfering. i still have about as much left to try again, I'll prob wait for microns.

Interesting. I really didn't get much effect after IVing about 70mg and I would be in the sweet zone if I ingested it. Maybe it was just the benzos interfering. i still have about as much left to try again, I'll prob wait for microns.
It would probably be better to wait for microns, I haven't tried IVing amphetamine but Adderall has a lot of cut in the pills.

It's interesting 70mg didn't get you much effect, I wonder why?

yeah booting 70mgs seems like it would give you one hell of a boost, im kicking dope and im using my adderall, well amphetamine salts, with my bupe and using my xanax and booze to come down at night. I was curious if there was any immediate danger in mixing the bupe (32mg suboxone a day and roughly 40 mg of amp salts with 4 mg xanax to go to bed sometimes more depending). Can you IV the generic amphetamine salts? Or would it be better to just snort it? We have done experiments determining the amount of cut or filler in the pill with some friends at school and it quite a large amount. But back to the question is snorting, IVing, or popping the way to go with these?

yeah booting 70mgs seems like it would give you one hell of a boost, im kicking dope and im using my adderall, well amphetamine salts, with my bupe and using my xanax and booze to come down at night. I was curious if there was any immediate danger in mixing the bupe (32mg suboxone a day and roughly 40 mg of amp salts with 4 mg xanax to go to bed sometimes more depending). Can you IV the generic amphetamine salts? Or would it be better to just snort it? We have done experiments determining the amount of cut or filler in the pill with some friends at school and it quite a large amount. But back to the question is snorting, IVing, or popping the way to go with these?

That's a lot of shit you're taking. How much opiates were you using since 32mg is the highest bupe dose. If I were you I would lower it, it is more effective at low levels, I take 1-2mg a day but I tell my dr I'm on 16 to get my money's worth and a big supply. I bet you could drop down to 24 and then 16 in a week and not feel a difference.

Using amps during the day then benzos at night is a bad cycle, especially if you're recovering from opiates. I would cut the regular amp usage and only do it once in a while and lower your xanax dose to 2mg if possible.

As far as how to take everything, bupe is the safest to IV. You have to filter adderall a lot (get micron filters or stuff a syringe with cotton and backload it forcing the solution through, then repeat in another syringe filter to get a clear safer injectable liquid). Snorting adderall always works.

For the xanax do not attempt to IV since it's not soluable in water and it has a 90% oral bioavailability and even higher sublingual close to 100. I used to take xanax sublingually and offset the bitter taste by taking a klonopin at the same time which adds minty flavor. The taste of xanax isn't that bad not to stick it under your tongue and swallowing it is close to as effective.

sorry to bring up and old thread but...

does anyone know the bio-availability for dexamphetamine &/or methylphenidate?
that being oral, nasal, rectal and IV
basically im trying to find out how to best make use of my amphetamines

cheers in advance
:)

It seems like a big waste to IV adderall , from what I gather you only get 15mgs at most from a 30mg ER pill due to the time release system. Even then it seems to not last more than 4 hours and does not do much. Not any kind of real rush either.

I prefer to bootybump all my amphetamines. It's the best way to use it, you get great BA and it works fast...

I know the rectal BA is at least 70% for most amphetamines, and is probally more...

-lenses

50%

Adderall is 25% each of dextroamphetamine saccharate, dextroamphetamine sulfate, racemic amphetamine aspartate monohydrate, and racemic amphetamine sulfate.

Can someone also explain the difference between saccharate, sulfate, and monohydrate?

The differences are unimportant, they are different salts.

The first two salts are dextroamphetamine and the other two are racemic amphetamine.

Racemic is 50% d-isomer, and 50% l-isomer.

4 salts,
one has 100% d-amp
one has 100% d-amp
one has 50% d-amp, 50% l-amp
one has 50% d-amp, 50% l-amp

This means Adderall is 75% d-amp, and 25% l-amp.

Yeah I think you would get more out of it with micron filters. :)

It seems like a big waste to IV adderall , from what I gather you only get 15mgs at most from a 30mg ER pill due to the time release system. Even then it seems to not last more than 4 hours and does not do much. Not any kind of real rush either.

I prefer to bootybump all my amphetamines. It's the best way to use it, you get great BA and it works fast...

I know the rectal BA is at least 70% for most amphetamines, and is probally more...

-lenses

Yeah I would only bother IVing meth (in crystallized form). I would take amphetamines orally. :)

sorry to bring up and old thread but...

does anyone know the bio-availability for dexamphetamine &/or methylphenidate?
that being oral, nasal, rectal and IV
basically im trying to find out how to best make use of my amphetamines

cheers in advance
:)

I think oral is the best ROA for sure, it lasts the longest.

You can try altering the pH of your stomach contents in favor of not metabolizing the amphetamine as quickly, but that's about all the gains I'd say you could make short term wise. Oral ingestion works best.

^ That's not what the document says. The document says to dissolve 100 mg in 5 mL to test for purity.

This thread suggests that dextroamphetamine sulfate is soluble in water at about 1/10 the weight of the water. If he's using a 1 mL syringe, that means that he could pull up to 100 mg of the dextroamphetamine out of the pills. The presence of binders probably decreases solubility, but he's using filtration and using less than the maximum soluble amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.