Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Zornia latifolia??

swilow

Sr. Moderator: AADD, CE&P, TD
Staff member
So, apparently, this plant has "cannabis-like" hallucinogenic effects; any experiences here?

Also- what would be the actve chemical here?

Thank-ee :)

This is definitely a guess, and could be way off, but my first instinct was tropane alkaloids, if based on nothing but the latin name and appearance. Also, some people report smoking jimson weed to be somewhat like cannabis. After looking into it a bit, it seems this plant is not very closely related to the Solanaceae plants. Its more closely related to cannabis, syrian rue, & mimosa, but not all that close to any of those. Some closely related plants do seem to be high in a number of volatile oils, so that holds some promise, here's a link to a list of those, not that it will be of any help.

^Thanks :) I am wary of just puffing this stuff down, as its allegedly a really active legal high (slight misnomer there ;)). It can be eaten if that makes any difference....

sounds interesting.

well let us know if you do smoke it or find out more info.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I see the question was asked in this thread if anyone knows the active alkaloid(s) in Zornia. Has anyone found out more? Thanks!

It definitely has a cannabis like buzz. I found the powdered plant material slightly harsh to smoke out of a pipe, but not too bad. While the buzz it had was nice, and lasted say 30-45 mins, one of the areas where the material was really nice was in combination with cannabis. Zornia latifolia's buzz had felt almost chem-like in nature to me, by which I mean the buzz felt as if it had come from smoking some sort of synthetic chem, albeit weaker than one. It's an odd feeling I had every time with it, and could never quite pin down exactly what chemical feeling it reminded me of, but there was definitely something to it that made me feel a little square peg-round hole-ish. I only had a small 5 gr portion of the material to test, and went thru it decently quick. Overall I enjoyed it and am curious to continue working with it. I have some seeds that I will be trying to grow again this spring. I tried last year, but it was too cold when I did and the sprouts all died. I would very much like to try working with fresher material than I had, and also to try working with extracts of it.

How muck zornia extract do you have to put in a joint to feel something??

1-2 bowls worth of the dried plant material (never worked with an extract) produced a definite effect.

If you have an extract, I'd love to know how it was produced. I was going to try a everclear extract on it, but I'm unsure as to whether or not that would grab the good stuff or not from this plant since there's not much info I've found...still looking tho...

I have 10 seeds I'm about to try to grow. I tried growing 10 last year and the 3 that sprouted, died shortly there after. I plan on keeping them warmer this year, as last year the nights did get chilly and I think maybe that killed them off. We'll see...I'm eager to see how much of a difference (if any) fresh plant material would have. It looks like a decent looking plant too.

I found it on the internet I thought its better than the plant.Do you knou anything about it?

hey i just got some stuff *snip* zornia in the main herb and no lie this stuff get u wacked i had 2cones and was laughing like i havnt laughed in years ,its unreal must try

Last edited by a moderator:
hey i just got some stuff *snip* zornia in the main herb and no lie this stuff get u wacked i had 2cones and was laughing like i havnt laughed in years ,its unreal must try

What does your material look like? Besides the regular plant material, there was a bogus extract that some vendors tried to get away with selling that turned out to be mephedrone mixed with I guess a bit of powdered zornia (ut who knows wtf was used to be honest) which resulted in a sort of grey powder with little dark flecs in the mix. It burned odd too,which was one of the first signs that it was a bogus extract.

Real zornia had a sort of brownish yellow color (mine was powderized plant material).

Just curious which you have since there was that bogus extract being floated around...but the real material definitely had a nice buzz to it in my experience.

^Are you in australia though?

hey i just got some stuff*snip*zornia in the main herb and no lie this stuff get u wacked i had 2cones and was laughing like i havnt laughed in years ,its unreal must try

Interesting; I did smoke the blend, but can't really remember if it did anything or not- so I assume it didn't. I suspected it may be s. divinorum containing, but it didn't appear to be...

^Are you in australia though?

Interesting; I did smoke the blend, but can't really remember if it did anything or not- so I assume it didn't. I suspected it may be s. divinorum containing, but it didn't appear to be...

No not in Australia...did I miss something in the conversation here?

I actually have 3 little zornia seedlings growing. They are the slowest growing plant I've ever grown! They are hovering at around 2 inches tall for several weeks now...

I've always found it odd that cannabis seems to be so unique in its class of mildly psychedelic, nontoxic, and nonaddictive plant. Maybe it has a largely unknown friend...

No not in Australia...did I miss something in the conversation here?

Nah; but the blend known as "Puff" is australian- the post above yours by avatar in oz would involve the same substance I'd say. So if your not getting this from Australia, I think we're talking about different blends....Not that it matters, but I was just trying to figure out if the mephedrone-laced blend was local....

Nah; but the blend known as "Puff" is australian- the post above yours by avatar in oz would involve the same substance I'd say. So if your not getting this from Australia, I think we're talking about different blends....Not that it matters, but I was just trying to figure out if the mephedrone-laced blend was local....

Ohhh I see. Thanks for explaining that...Yeah, this was about 6 months ago when I encountered the mephedrone being sold as zornia extract. It wasn't any blend with a name or anything. It was supposed to be a 10x extract of zornia latifolia plant material, but unfortunately it was just some jerk pushing mephedrone in a dishonest way.

I have been experimenting with ethnobotanicals and legal alternatives to cannabis recently, closest I've come is a mix of kanna and blue lotus (would recommend if anyone is researching)

I have sourced a popular auction site vendor selling an eye watering 100x extract of this herb, seems too good to be true, possible stoning/trip from just a sprinkle

I can't find much about this herb and even less about extracts, so I would appreciate someone more confident with this herb giving me guidelines on dosage

I plan to attempt 0.02g of this which should equate to 2g of plant. Is this a good beginners dose.

Many thanks

I really don't think it contains tropane alkaloids like mentioned above. It's supposed to be mild and not at the level of cannabis, just more of a limited relaxation and headspace than a full experience. However extracts can be notoriously powerful, as cocaine basically is vs. coca leaf for example although that's an extreme one.
Some psychoactive herbs seem self-limiting as far as I've seen and experienced but certainly not all. Some smartshops tout the extract to be 'mildly hallucinogenic' but I've seen a lot of wishful thinking about herbs, plenty of which were alright but uneventful in my book with a few exceptions. OTOH some things like salvia are certainly no lie. So who knows really? It would be a good kept secret..

Do your own research but I am seeing 1g of 25x extract being a regular dose making your 0.02g of 100x extract an underdose.

I recently considered trading for seeds of this but lost interest.

fwiw i kinda liked Passiflora when i made extracts myself, and damiana is very good when combined with weed but I guess that doesn't count as a substitute.. ;)
I find kanna pretty different, it's an SRI if i remember correctly, but it may be an atypical one, not sure.

(Wow zornia is in some synthetic cannabis products like spice? encouraging in some way..)