• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pills circa 19xx Get all your pill nostalgia discussion done here

People saying how much better it was in the old days gets boring... nothing in the past came close to the fucking MASSES of MDMA crystal available for cheap last year.

I had mdma crystal and was disappointed with it.

Sign of getting old.

I was quite old when I started doing drugs and I still love doing drugs, just not mdma cos it's not the same as it used to be and no amount of arguing will make me change my mind.

Isn't it strange that when the oldies 'bang on' about the good ole days, the golden age of pills is always the late 90s regardless of what age they are. There are a few even older who will say the pills of the early 90s were awesome as well.

But you did pay through the fucken nose for it in comparison!
Worth every penny!

the cheap mdma last couple of years was definatly not as good as mdma years ago. Most people who did pils years ago noticed mdma changed at sum point and just felt like it was mising something. The brown mdma crystal of recent wap no way near as good as the pure white mdma powder years ago

I saw some of the best MDMA I have ever seen at the start of this year, was an ounce sized crystal that looked almost looked like diamonds :D when hit with a hammer it broke into loads of beautiful crystals yum

Most people who did pils years ago noticed mdma changed at sum point and just felt like it was mising something.

Must have something to do with tolerance or having taken it so many times that its just not as special as it was in the early days. These days there might be less MDMA in the pills but surely this just means taking more for the same dosage?

The time of the change in MDMA that all the old school pillheads go on about seems to be when the synth changed from using safrole to using PMK. I'd really like to know the science behind the different effects if there is any.

I thought scheduling MD-2-P was the one that fucked the job, i could be wrong - i am often am.

Must have something to do with tolerance or having taken it so many times that its just not as special as it was in the early days. These days there might be less MDMA in the pills but surely this just means taking more for the same dosage?

No, there was definitely a change in the substance. When we had good pills we took 1 or 2 and danced all night. When the bad pills came we'd bosh 4 or 5 at a time thinking they were just weaker, but something was missing. They had an effect but it was different. For a while people were saying it was mda or mdea, but it wasn't. I could tell from the smell of the pills and the colour of the E-Z Test whether they were worth having or not. I used to annoy dealers cos I'd test before I bought. Dark blue = yes, dark maroon/brown = no.

The time of the change in MDMA that all the old school pillheads go on about seems to be when the synth changed from using safrole to using PMK. I'd really like to know the science behind the different effects if there is any.
I thought scheduling MD-2-P was the one that fucked the job, i could be wrong - i am often am.

I recall something about a change in the synth to do with safrole.

Last edited:
I bet B9 has some still stashed in the attic and I would like just the one please:D
Never had one of those WOW LIFE IS WONDERFUL AND ALL IS BEAUTIFUL experiences personally, Put this down to being a drunk though:| Although cannot come up at all without alcohol:|

could it have been MDP2P? which itself is made from safrole?

Easily could have been yes - my fluid memory freezes at times - that made synthing much more difficult - however safrole is available insofar as i'm aware, and MDMA (providing one takes some kind of care of their health) still works pretty well.

not much safrole about these days though since the DEA destroyed 98% percent of the worlds supply this year hah :\

the cheap mdma last couple of years was definatly not as good as mdma years ago. Most people who did pils years ago noticed mdma changed at sum point and just felt like it was mising something. The brown mdma crystal of recent wap no way near as good as the pure white mdma powder years ago

I have had all different types of crystal over the years ranging from brown, purple, etc to see through like glass (read a newspaper through it) and none compares to the pure white powder (2cb style) I used to get 98-2000.

Perhaps not - maybe the DEA only destroyed 98% of the safrole they knew about.

i mean how can they "know" this - are they controlling the drug trade do you think ?

yeah it's obviously gonna be an estimate and probably one to make them seem more effective than they are but they certainly destroyed a fuckload of sassafras!

Seems like a good time to invest in an agricultural project then.

I'd like to know about Red McDonalds in about 2004. We all took loads, they were something else.

The Guninness and Heineken pills at about the same time were the coolest ever. The score was the name of the pill. Fist time I double dropped was with Guinnesses. I was on the phone to my then girlfriend, absolutely out of it, full hallucinations.

And were the Sharks in 2006 (?) pipz?

Here's Dublin's Top 10 Drugs of All Time from the Slate in 2003.

Last edited:
There was a good batch of sharks (MDMA + speed, or just MDMA) and then a pips one.

I'm interested about this whole change in synthesis thing. Surely MDMA is MDMA, no matter what? Surely people noticing this change are the people that lost the magic? I could be wrong, but my first MDMA experiences in 2000ish were fucking unbelievable, and I can't imagine the feeling being any better, no matter how the MDMA was made.

THE MITZIS was like after a good few yeARS OF THE CLASSIC DOVES JUST BEING RIPPED OFF N ONE WAS GETTING SHITE,IT;S LIKE A PRESSER DECIDED THAT THEY NEEDED TO PRODUCE TO INTRODUCE a new generation of mud appreciating young folk and they done the trick but They went the way of the doves. A good gurn circa 95-98 was swallows the very first one i had was at "run to the sun" a volks wagon festi in cornwall it was the only orangey brown one i ever took ,then came along a whole host of lovely white good dose jaw shaking swallowsa,then swans,of course robins,I notice today how the Dove stamp IS OF THE FLYING DOVE UNLIKE THE CLASSIC ONES ....SAYING THAT 1 of my very 1st e's was an oval fat white dove stamp LIKE THE DOVE SOAP BRAND THE FLYING DOVE as seemigly LIKE THE ONES TODAY usually the legl high ones.,Then in 97 in the west country came along these mega mega strong pink calais in 97 it was *snip* gurns back then which retalis at A TENNER A POP, but these pink calais were up *snip* and they even retaled at £15's but they were OH so worth it n oh so remissient of the old skool gurns i suspect wit hindsight they were a mega dose of MDA, THEY WERE THRILLING.
Also GLASTO 95 THAT WAS THE VERY FIRST TIME I SAW AND HAD A PLAYBOY STAMPED PILL ,THYE WERE BLUEY GREY CRUMBLY FROM CARDIFFF.... ON THE HILL ON GATE 3 I WAS KNOW AS THE LAD WITH TE REAL MUD PUCKAS, WHEN I EVENTUALLY PAST OUT ON THE MON TOO WAKE ON THE TUES WELL AFTER THE LEGIT GLASTO HAD FINISHED I WOKE IN THE SHADE OF A TRAVELLERS BUS BuT WIT SUN BURNT LEGS, KNEES DOWN (someone kindly whilst i was unconcious took time n effort to drag n ptoect me from gettin g totallt sunbunrt,most grateful I AM) , BUT I AWOKE UNROBBED ,THAT LITTLE SOUNDSYSTEM ON THE HILL 0F GATE 3 WERE CALLING THEM SELVES THE Tribe of TWATS, I remeber an 8 yr boy obviously called twat boy waking me from my coma playing a gabba set on the dex at the tender age of 8yrs old, i was quite impressed to c that his lifestyle led him so early to become a dj, he would beat mix well enough 4 his age n expierence n jump around like a loon when he pulled off a good mix yeah those very first dodgely pressed playboys are A FOND FOND MEMORY 4 ME OF FOLK HAVING AN ECSTATIC TIME, BUT TRIBE OF TWATS, ANYONE KNOW OR HEARD OF THEM SINCE THEN OR R THEY STILL GOING UNDER a different name, THEY WERE A FRIENDLY LITTLE TRIBE.BIG TUNE THAT YEAR WAS "IT'S OUR FUTURE...YEAH" A STOMPING TEKNO TOON ORIGINALLY FROM 94 BUT GOT SO BIG IN 95 a real good 303 line shout its our future YEAH, THEN 4/4 HARD BEATS, THINK MAYBE PHUTURE TRAX, U CAN DEFFO FIND IT ON U TUBE.AHH MEMORIES

Last edited by a moderator:
No, there was definitely a change in the substance. When we had good pills we took 1 or 2 and danced all night. When the bad pills came we'd bosh 4 or 5 at a time thinking they were just weaker, but something was missing. They had an effect but it was different.

Exactly you could feel the change in the high they gave - it was still mdma but different somehow. Then the 2000's arrived and along came piperazine and spoilt the game forever.

Oh I had those "Rhubarb n Custards" capsules mentioned earlier and they were great fun - so were the dennis the menaces, green goddess, silver bullet etc caps that came after them :D.

My first pill didnt have a logo on it - they were just called "Ecstasy" nobody called them "E" or "Pills" for a while