Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4-HO-5-MeO-DMT ?

IGNVS

Bluelighter
five methoxy four hydroxy dmt

so has anyone ever done it? the whole five meo in the mushrooms. has anyone ever ingested the substance syntheticaly?
i want to know more about this drug.

theres an interesting thread about this on the shroomery...I'm planning on doing it sometime soon, whenever I have time to teach a friend to grow.

It's not actually neccessary to synthesize it to obtain it.
Supposedly, if you throw some 5-MeO-DMT into the soil of mushroom cultivation, the shrooms 4-hydroxylate it 'naturally'. You're probably better off extracting it then, to get a more uniform product. And I guess there will be psilocin in it too, although possibly less than normal because the shrooms were too busy forming your mystery compound.
I can't say I'm eager to try it, as 5-MeO's have notoriously heavy body loads - and in this case on top of the weight of a shroomy headspace at that...

^ Oh man you're tempting to Shulgin to create an account here and start foaming at the mouth about how every compound is unique, aren't you?

(that would be cool to post alongside Shulgin though)

Don't quite understand what you're saying but you're right if you say I got the 4-hydroxylation thingy from Shulgin. It's somewhere on cognitive liberty if I'm not mistaken.

How did you know about the foam at my mouth though?

Honestly, I don't buy the whole thing about shrooms being able to produce a 4-hydroxytryptamine from every tryptamine chemical placed in there...

Base tryptamines like DMT, DiPT, DPT, MET, DET, MiPT, etc., I can believe...

But a 5-methoxytryptamine is MUCH more complex than a base tryptamine and I just can't see the mushroom being able to turn 5-MeO-DMT into anything on the 4 position.

its very possible, you can add 5meo on to most compounds, why should 4ho-dmt be any different? i was thinking of getting a bunch of 5 meo and soaking a mycelium patty in it and hypothetically it would make 5-meo-4ho-dmt... or you can go to school for chemistry and figure out how to do it all in a lab and not leave it to nature...

Hey MK, look at the structures of DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, and psilocin and notice just how similar they actually are. Here's 4-ho-5-meo-DMT:

Attachments

• 140px-4-HO-5-MeO-DMT.png
    140px-4-HO-5-MeO-DMT.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 136
I'm still not going to buy it. Until someone tests it in a lab and proves it, I won't believe it.

^I don't buy it either.

The molecule needs to fit into the enzymatically active site, which usually only accepts a strict conformation and structure. My bet is that with DET and DPT, the nitrogen isn't "in" the binding pocket, so the tryptamine skeleton fits in there and undergoes 4-hydroxylation. I'd be very surprised if the same enzyme could 4-hydroxylate 5-meo-dmt ... very surprised.

i was just wondering if anyone has ever done the experament

Lots of people have done it with tryptamine, but of course this is a different experiment altogether, since that is following the biosynthetic pathway of psilocin...

I'll hopefully be getting the motivation to do it someday and I will definitely be extracting and sending to a friend to run some tests on it.

I'm not sure if I want to eat 4-ho-5-meo-DMT at this point, but I'm damn curious whether it will work.

Dondante said:
^I don't buy it either.

The molecule needs to fit into the enzymatically active site, which usually only accepts a strict conformation and structure. My bet is that with DET and DPT, the nitrogen isn't "in" the binding pocket, so the tryptamine skeleton fits in there and undergoes 4-hydroxylation. I'd be very surprised if the same enzyme could 4-hydroxylate 5-meo-dmt ... very surprised.

I second that. As a chem major I should have paid a little more attention instead of making assumptions based on Shulgins meditations. I came to this same conclusion like yesterday but couldn't post it as the site was malfunctioning.
There's just the slightest chance the mushrooms contain other enzymes other than the one you're talking about that could do the job. I wouldn't bet on it though as this is more wishful thinking than science.

^^^Mushrooms raised in tryptamine rich grasses/substrates have consistently shown to have a higher content of psilocybn/psilocyn then when used withanother substrate (see Paul Stamets). I'd like to hear what mushrooms would do if raised on a substrate of LSA containing seeds, or on ergot infected rye. As much as I don't know about chemistry, this is interesting....

I suppose the mushrooms will battle the substrate for the title "best psychedelic".

samadhi_smiles said:
I'm not sure if I want to eat 4-ho-5-meo-DMT at this point, but I'm damn curious whether it will work.

if you're ever looking for a lab rat......

yeah but tryptophan is prety easy to convert to tryptamine with a little kitchen chem.

Tryptamine is what you want for potency increase, but again thats a completely different topic.